Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Single #3 - Two Black Cadillacs

Wildflower

Still don't have power at home but I'm back at university where thankfully there is. As far as TBC being the next single I'm a little dissapointed. Don't get me wrong, the song is brilliant, its number 5 on the album for me. I really love this song but to be honest it is probably on of the least country-sounding songs on the album. Given that GG and BA themselves weren't traditional country either I was hoping that she would pick DYTAM as the 3rd single becuase at least it is sounds country. I think that TBC should have been reserved for the 4th single. Now that the first 3 singles off this album aren't very country-soudning her 4th single HAS to be. Either DYTAM, WAW, LLA, hell I'll even take CGAS becuase of how over the top country it sounds. All in all TBC is a brilliant song and I can't wait for the video, I just wished for the 3rd single she had chosen something more country.

Oneal

^You realize that songs that are more Country sounding are not faring well on the charts right now? They aren't selling well and they aren't having great chart runs. Traditional sounding Country songs are not what mainstream radio wants to play.

carebear4eva

Still don't have power at home but I'm back at university where thankfully there is. As far as TBC being the next single I'm a little dissapointed. Don't get me wrong, the song is brilliant, its number 5 on the album for me. I really love this song but to be honest it is probably on of the least country-sounding songs on the album. Given that GG and BA themselves weren't traditional country either I was hoping that she would pick DYTAM as the 3rd single becuase at least it is sounds country. I think that TBC should have been reserved for the 4th single. Now that the first 3 singles off this album aren't very country-soudning her 4th single HAS to be. Either DYTAM, WAW, LLA, hell I'll even take CGAS becuase of how over the top country it sounds. All in all TBC is a brilliant song and I can't wait for the video, I just wished for the 3rd single she had chosen something more country.

I agree that it isn't country at all, but that makes me anxious, not disappointed. I just hope it doesn't put off too many people at radio that she's released three completely non-country songs in a row.

Personally, I've long wanted her to head in a pop-rock-indie direction, so it makes me happy. Besides, there's no doubt that TBC is going to drive sales in a manner that WAW-LLA-CGAS couldn't possibly match. All three will probably struggle to hit Platinum. TBC will be there in no time :D

allamericangirl8

Am I the only one who thinks TBC is way more country than GG or BA? It sounds like a country song. If you play it on pop radio, it would stick out like a sore thumb.

supercarriefan

Am I the only one who thinks TBC is way more country than GG or BA? It sounds like a country song. If you play it on pop radio, it would stick out like a sore thumb.

I agree, Nicole. TBC is more country. It follows in the tradition of Southern Gothic songs like Reba's The Night The Lights Went Out in Georgia. BA and GG both have certain aspects that make them more pop/rock than TBC.

thunder92

I kinda agree.

I just think that so far all three singles stick out on country and pop radio.

They are in their own genre

carebear4eva

TBC is pop in the true, traditional sense. Strong verse-chorus-bridge structure, winding down instrumental outro, power pop elements, zero electro-influence and barely any blues/country influence.

And, yes, it would stick out like a sore thumb on T40 radio, but that's primarily because it's a GOOD song :p

allamericangirl8

TBC is pop in the true, traditional sense. Strong verse-chorus-bridge structure, winding down instrumental outro, power pop elements, zero electro-influence and barely any blues/country influence.

And, yes, it would stick out like a sore thumb on T40 radio, but that's primarily because it's a GOOD song :p

So does The Scorpion by Megadeth. I guess that's a pop song, too!

bigbluegrl23

Lol, it means "I don't understand".

Yeah, I figured you were either sarcastic (or mental). Who was your post addressed to? :p

Just people in general who are nervous about this song being "too pop" (didn't we go through this before BA was released?)... Lady A releases a pop song every time lol. at least TBC and BA have subjects that have been apart of Country music for years. the fact of the matter is that playing it safe doesn't do anything for a career. will some people find TBC too pop? probably. but they will find a problem with anything she releases. Majority though will find this song super catchy and once again different for carrie and a standout on country radio.
Becca

I definitely wouldn't classify TBC as being 'too-pop'. In fact, I'd put it closer to Southern Rock/Gothic than pop. Plus, the subject matter of TBC is definitely what makes it county. It's definitely more along the lines of Reba's 'Fancy' or 'The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia'. I could see this song being a smash for Carrie!

PRGuy79

Any updates on the official date this will be sent to radio? How long does it usually take after the announcement of a single for the label to set & announce the offical add date?

Eder Rodrigues

Any updates on the official date this will be sent to radio? How long does it usually take after the announcement of a single for the label to set & announce the offical add date?

Only in december...

GOING FOR ADDS

11/12
AARON LEWIS Forever
ELIZABETH SAMS Dear Veteran
GRADY NATIONS Absolutely Right
JASON ALDEAN W/LUKE BRYAN & ERIC CHURCH The Only Way I Know
KELLY CLARKSON FEAT. VINCE GILL Don’t Rush
MARK COOKE Stay With Me Tonight
TIM MCGRAW One Of Those Nights

11/19
DUSTIN LYNCH She Cranks My Tractor