Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Single Number 4

Schrodinger

Well somebody had to start it. Now I get the first vote.:cool:
First pick, CGS.
Second pick, WAW.
Third pick, DYTAM ... Not my favorite, but it would make a good single, as long as it isn't OWT

Manchs

OWT, just no. The best choices are DYTAM and WAW. I would go with the latter, it would be more successful, even though I like the former more.

Well somebody had to start it. Now I get the first vote.:cool:
First pick, CGS.
Second pick, WAW.
Third pick, DYTAM ... Not my favorite, but it would make a good single, as long as it isn't OWT

Don't know if I see CGS as a single, it's a fun song to play during concerts but I don't know if it could be picked as a single ;)
I love WAW but it would certainly never be a single (unfortunatly) because Carrie hasn't even picked it for the BA tour (as well as SYA, and other favourite of mine) :(
DYTAM would definitely be a great single!!

For myself I would see maybe NETY as the 4th single & that will change from her 3 first "dark" singles, lol :)
And I would love to see OWT as a single, that would be fun as the song is pretty different from the other single Carrie has already recorded :D

Caio

Probably will be the last single. I want Cupid's, if this will be really the last single. If we get a 5th single, I prefer Do You Think About Me or One Way Ticket as the 4th, and after Cupid's as the 5th

Oneal

OWT. Why? Because of the huge success of Pontoon. It's the perfect time leading up to summer to release a fun springbreak/summer song that all demographics can enjoy. Plus, I believe the photo shoots in the CD jacket are a clue to the single releases. So far GG, BA, and now TBC all have had individual full size photos setting them apart.

epicamends

CF: never living in the present, always worrying about the future. ;) lol.

My pick for single 4 will depend on when exactly it will be released.

Marie2011

if 2bc peaks before late March than Cupid got a shotgun, or leave love alone. and if i2bc peaks after late march than OWT.

Manchs

First pick: WAW
Second pick: LLA
Third pick: DYTAM

Forgot about LLA. That one is definitely a contender too. I think we should start making massive waves about WAW being a single. It would be a wasted opportunity if not released, just like WCIS and SWISLY were.

teesharky

If 2BC peaks earlier like in March, then I pick Cupid or DYTAM next....then OWT in the Summer-- then close the album out with either Cupid or DYTAM in the fall, whichever song was not used yet.

They really need to go 6 singles strong on this album. There are too many good songs.

I want WAW so bad aas a single-- but it is not performed on tour-- so it is very unlikely.

Farawayhills

I believe the photo shoots in the CD jacket are a clue to the single releases. So far GG, BA, and now TBC all have had individual full size photos setting them apart.

Interesting point!
If you're right, that means my beloved "Leave Love Alone" is going to be a single :D

epicamends

Interesting point!
If you're right, that means my beloved "Leave Love Alone" is going to be a single :D

I'd be cool with that! I know it's not super popular around here (though I'll never understand why), but LLA has been one of my faves since day one. I've always been able to picture it playing on the radio. It's so much fun to blast in the summer with the windows rolled down.

Gator

I thought that the album photos depicted the singles. I pointed it out to my husband and he thought I was reading too much into it. Maybe not??? :)

CarrieFan928

I agree that it's crazy to be staring this thread right now since we just got news on the 3rd single. But I will say that the album has a lot of strong songs that I can see as singles. It would be really hard to go wrong even if they decide to release a curveball (since each album has had one of those). And honestly right now Carrie can do no wrong on radio. For me personally, i've at least liked every song on the album at some point so I could get behind anything.

Mezik

To be honest, I love Two Black Cadillacs - but I was a bit disappointed that it was released right after Blown Away. This is three singles in a row that certainly push the boundaries and I'm worried that the public soon may get sick of it and think she's taking advantage of it.

Single number four surely has to be one of the more up beat hillbilly country tracks on the album, Cupid's Got a Shotgun or Leave Love Alone, because although Blown Away and Two Black Cadillacs are certainly dramatic they are both mid-tempo based songs. Also during the spring and summer I think Cupid's Got a Shotgun or Leave Love Alone would sound amazing on the radio and she can easily promote the single at the ACMS and CMT awards. I'd like to see Wine After Whiskey or Good in Goodbye as a single eventually but I just don't see it happening now. The label could stick to a safer choice and make Nobody Ever Told You or Do You Think About Me as single number four which would suck because there are far better songs on the album to choose as a single.

To sum it up -
My choices for single #4
1st: Leave Love Alone
2nd: Cupid's Got a Shotgun
3rd: One Way Ticket

What the label probably wants as single #4
1st: Nobody Ever Told You
2nd: Do You Think About Me
3rd: See You Again

If See You Again is released - I think it would be a terrible choice and do utterly awful on all the country charts & since Carrie refuses to promote songs as pop I don't see it doing well on the pop charts and radio well either.