Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Single Number 4

countrymusicfan15

I have a feeling Carrie will want DYTAM released (kind of like with MS). She has performed it a lot thus far (VH1, Jimmy Fallon, on tour, etc.) It only makes sense for it to be a single too.

Farawayhills

Good time party songs are one of the reasons I tend to steer clear of the Mainstream :D

I don't hate OWT though - just that I prefer the edgy songs, and to vary the mood, I'd rather have one with more Rootsy music, like CGAS or LLA. However, I do recognize that songs like OWT have appeal for many listeners and may do Carrie good. Also it is new territory for her, that shows her versatility.
If she releases it as a single, I'll console myself with lines like "Say adios to the minimum wage - tell your bossman where he can stick it" (which is one of the more Alternative lines Carrie has written) and pretend the lines about pink umbrellas and lollipops aren't really there, :D

liz278

If you look at what gets people excited at her concerts its LLA & OWT. DYTAM & NETY are part of her "slow" set and there isn't a whole lot of singing back to her at this point. People love LLA, but that could be because Hunter is out on stage with her. OWT is very interactive and people sing and raise their hands . . . so if they are looking at what happens at concerts . . .

allamericangirl8

I used to be against LLA as a single, but I could really see it working as a single now. I'd still rather have DYTAM, but LLA is next in command now.

But if TBC peaks a little late, and we need a summer single, OWT HAS to be it. After that, it should be DYTAM or LLA, though I'd MUCH rather have WAW (it's just a pipedream now).

bigbluegrl23

I've learned that its best to just let the pieces fall where they may. They know what singles they are going to release and it ain't up to any of us haha
Becca

dsfox2009

I am still keeping my fingers crossed for Cupid as a single release. Really, the remaining singles are between it, OWT, and DYTAM. I don't say this because it is personally how I would like to see things play out, but Cupid and OWT have the slighter edge as they are both Carrie cowrites. I guess it will just depend on when TBC peaks and what Carrie and her team want to do from that point. Only at Carriefans would a single be questioned before the single that was just announced is even sent to radio :p

epicamends

Honestly, as long as TGFH, WAY, and NETY aren't released, I'm fine with everything else. The one other song that I really want as a single is WAW, but I've all but completely given up hope on that one. I think everything else on the album would do well.

Carrieroxmysox2011

Honestly, as long as TGFH, WAY, and NETY aren't released, I'm fine with everything else. The one other song that I really want as a single is WAW, but I've all but completely given up hope on that one. I think everything else on the album would do well.

You just named all my faves. :( I honestly think TGFH would do well at radio.

teesharky

I want Cupid, WAW, or DYTAM 4th if TBC peaks earlier then later. Then One Way Ticket for the summer.

However, if 2BC peaks later, like April, then I supppose release OWT 4th, then Cupid or DYTAM for the Fall. They need a 6th single though. I want WAW to close out the album.

carebear4eva

I completely agree with this. I'd also slip FC in there, partly because I dislike the song and partly because it just wouldn't work on radio.

And SYA would worry me, not because I hate it (which I only slightly do), but because that's pushing it to WANEGBT levels of pop on country radio.

cole

If One Way was ever getting released, it would be single 4. TBC will peak around March/April. If they want to film One Way's video, June/July will be perfect.

Cps235

I think "One Way Ticket" will be single #4. The song will coincide with the late spring/summer.

Carrieflattsfan

"One Way Ticket" would be perfect for summer.

Unlike PO, I would love to see 6-7 singles released; this album has so many single worthy songs.

I want "Do You Think About Me" to be released eventually, and WAW seems more and more likely, with all of the darker themes this era. "Cupid's Got A Shotgun" is my least-favorite on the album, but I'm 99% sure it will be a single at some point. LLA would sound great on the radio, but I'm kinda over the weak lyrical themes, especially with the progression she's shown with BA, GG & TBC.

Good In Goodbye is one of my absolute favorites, but I don't see it as single material at all. I also love WAY, but again, I don't see it as single material.

cole

I predict the remaining singles to go like the Carnival Ride era. One Way Ticket (track 8) and single #5 Good in Goodbye (track 10)

mtreasmith

I predict the remaining singles to go like the Carnival Ride era. One Way Ticket (track 8) and single #5 Good in Goodbye (track 10)

I highly doubt Good In Goodbye will be a single. I would love that, but i don't think so. It's not even in the tour set list.

My choices would be Do You Think About Me (LOVEEEE) and One Way Ticket!!