Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Southbound' chart updates

maddkat

Staff member
just sent to radio

D4x4q6PW4AE9mIZ

abbeyjones18

I'm just so...disappointed. I just feel as though she is selling herself short. I just wish that she forget about country radio and release quality music.

Zach1998

Extremely happy they went ahead and released it. This should send her straight to the top and should restore a lot of lost momentum from the first two singles. I understand that some are disappointed with this and I will admit it's by far not my favorite on the album, but I feel that she needed a "sure thing" and this is one of the only songs on the album that I think has pretty much a guaranteed #1 finish (knock on wood) for radio after so much momentum has been lost. Would have hated for her to release another "risky" song after two underperformers and it peak lower than LW and pretty much end the era all together (much like what happened with Keith's Graffiti U era.) This should set up single 4 (hopefully DA) to perform very well in the fall IMO.

adam1995

I'm just so...disappointed. I just feel as though she is selling herself short. I just wish that she forget about country radio and release quality music.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. It's clear radio is not as friendly to her as before, so why pander with a female bro song, on the tail of a dying bro trend? Just release "Low", "Drinking Alone", or "Spinning Bottles". So frustrating.

Avira

I would have much preferred Carrie release a truly powerful song like Spinning Bottles instead of releasing a party song for women.

maddkat

Staff member
it's a fun song, nothing wrong with releasing a fun song.Good on her.

can we just try and have fun with it?

LilUnderwood

I think it’s a perfect song for summer! I think another heavy or emotional song wouldn’t do well on radio right now

bigd79

One of my local country stations had a special debut for southbound at 5:20(cdt) today! It sounded so good to hear on the radio not gonna lie. This was one of my favorite songs on the album from the day the album was released, not because its the best song lyrically or anything, but because its just plain fun and catchy as hell. And its a side to her we just don't get to see hardly ever, so i am a million % on board for this. I really do believe this will go to #1. I mean, it took my local station(s) til january to put LW in rotation, so i would have to say already seeing it debut today southbound is already off to a better start! I am so ready to hear this on my radio(and my playlists) all summer long! Today is a good day��

adam1995

it's a fun song, nothing wrong with releasing a fun song.Good on her.

can we just try and have fun with it?

If we don't really like the song, we don't have to be happy it's released.

I'll say I won't root against it, I of course want Carrie to succeed, but this could be a 6 week #1, and sell three million copies, but I just don't think it does anything to move her career forward. Just an opinion. I'll check its chart run, but post very little, as mine seems to be an unpopular opinion, and I'll try not to bring any negativity for those enjoying this song.

Last edited:

heymc

I was baffled with UMG’s decision to release SB as the third single. This is because it is not the kind of song CU will release as a single. It is most likely a strategic move by the label after her last two singles did not really performed well by CU’s standard. The radios weren’t ready for heavy and emotional songs after all. Let’s hope SB will help CU return to the top of the chart since it is a summer jam - fun and catchy.

Tbh, I’m already wishing for her next album to arrive soon. It gonna take at least 2 more years. Haha!

maddkat

Staff member

I'll say I won't root against it, I of course want Carrie to succeed, but this could be a 6 week #1, and sell three million copies, but I just don't think it does anything to move her career forward. Just an opinion. I'll check its chart run, but post very little, as mine seems to be an unpopular opinion.
No, no you don't. You can keep posting about being uphappy about it all you want as you have been.emoji52.png

from Billboard update
D4y5cG_W4AE-Pim.jpg:large

txacar

I'll say I won't root against it, I of course want Carrie to succeed, but this could be a 6 week #1, and sell three million copies, but I just don't think it does anything to move her career forward. Just an opinion. I'll check its chart run, but post very little, as mine seems to be an unpopular opinion.

I don't listen to country radio so I won't worry about it. I skip that track on the album as others obviously do since it appears to be the most unpopular track on the album on youtube. I'll vote and support the song just as I always do for Carrie, but I can't say I'm not disappointed (even though I felt the VEVO stamp on the ACM video was a sure sign, since she won't have much time to do a real one given the tour, CMT Fest, Sunday Night Football taping, etc. etc.).

Hoping it climbs the charts for her. She needs a boost this era. Go Southbound, even tho I don't like you very much, lol!!!

jaymiee

^ I did just notice Drinking Alone hit 1 million views on youtube and southbound has like 385k...

I will admit I'm disappointed for any live tv performances coming up...ACMs performance was good but a DA, Low, Backsliding performance would be so much better live...crossing my fingers its one of these released for Single #4...

I’m excited for Southbound. It’s not the best album track but it’s one of my favourites.

She hasn’t ever released such an upbeat party song so I like the change in direction. Maybe she just wants to have fun for a change?

I always hate single 3 release. I feel like the era is practically over by single 3 and if you aren’t too thrilled with the choices so far it can be disappointing.

I like that she seems to have way more control this era. I wonder if spinning bottles was trialled as single 3 but didn’t have the responses they would of hoped for?

There is a reason it’s been released and I’m just enjoying the CP ride.

I don't listen to country radio so I won't worry about it. I skip that track on the album as others obviously do since it appears to be the most unpopular track on the album on youtube. I'll vote and support the song just as I always do for Carrie, but I can't say I'm not disappointed (even though I felt the VEVO stamp on the ACM video was a sure sign, since she won't have much time to do a real one given the tour, CMT Fest, Sunday Night Football taping, etc. etc.).

Hoping it climbs the charts for her. She needs a boost this era. Go Southbound, even tho I don't like you very much, lol!!!

Please no. We already got screwed over with CB being a tour video. This album deserves much better than that.

DizzyDollyDee

I hear Carrie's songs being played on the radio all the time - rarely get in the car where I don't hear one within 10 min or sooner - but they are all her old singles. I have yet to hear Love Wins. I love all her old ones that they are playing, but I did even when they came out. They sound like the Carrie we love This new cd is not going to have a negative effect on her career - we all love her, true fans will support her and we'll all be doing everything to push each single forward. But have to admit I'm already looking forward to her next one but I'm one little person who will vote for her cause we love her and the sound she puts out regardless if we like the song. Go Carrie!!!

adam1995

No, no you don't. You can keep posting about being uphappy about it all you want as you have been.View attachment 31354

from Billboard update
D4y5cG_W4AE-Pim.jpg:large

Well, I'm going to try something different and keep the repetitive posts to a minimum. Unless, I have a point to make or an observation I'd like to highlight, I'm not really contributing.

I will say this, we deserve a real video...NOT the ACM performance!

FanSince04

I’m HERE FOR THIS! It doesn’t matter what we think anyhow lol. Southbound has been released and it’s going to slay. If you don’t like it, you can continue to post, but this song is here to stay. You can just feel the sassy, fun spirit from the promo image being used. Let’s go Southbound!