Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album Sales - Blown Away Era, week 11

abdulmajeed

...i dunno, I enjoy the music, not the chart position :p As long as she sells enough that the label allows her to keep recording, I'm good.

Suddenly I realized how hard it would be for me to find another voice like Carrie Underwood if something happened and she wouldn't be able to make a record anymore. Is it just me? I think it's the scariest thought that came to me in a decade.

allamericangirl8

Suddenly I realized how hard it would be for me to find another voice like Carrie Underwood if something happened and she wouldn't be able to make a record anymore. Is it just me? I think it's the scariest thought that came to me in a decade.

We'd all be devastated, but Carrie's not the only amazing artist out there. ;)

Zman312

Good point. She can have all the sales and sold out tours but it will never give her a good voice. Ever.

I am just dreading the inevitable SWSRN fans rubbing it in when she outsells Carrie in one week, what it took Carrie 6 months to sell. That is sickening, and makes me seriously wonder what is wrong with the public that they buy such inferior products like hotcakes, and ignore vastly superior albums.

To each their own my friend, to each their own... We love Carrie and we need to support her and her sales are fine!!!

pklongbeach

America's album sales don't always prove to be a good judging factor in QUALITY..

Some of the greatest albums never quite get the numbers like Trailer Smith, Gaga, and others.:rolleyes:

Carrie is also going on 8 years into her career. We have to face the facts people, most likely she isn't going to be the massive album mover anymore. Her audience isn't the correct age group to get the "Holy Cow" effect for first week sales. She doesn't have the teen crowd, BM, or the crazy "I want the world" attitude like Trailer does.

Why can't we just be happy about CARRIE BEING HAPPY?????!?!??!?

She's had 600,000+ in album sales, a single that went #1 and is Platinum+ a few, a music video on the way to end ALL MUSIC VIDEOS ,and a new epic single that is BURNING up the charts. I guess I fail to see the problem here?

I'd rather see Carrie being as HAPPY AS I'VE EVER SEEN HER, then run herself ragged trying to put her name and face all over everything...
I'm actually only responding to this cause I want people to have the opportunity to "Read It Again"!
love Carrie. Love this album. Love where it's at. Don't see any point in fretting. We all want her to go platnium so that her streak remains intact.
I think it is safe to say that is absolutely going to happy by the end of the year.
Having never released an album that did not go platnium is A-OK with me.

Lstname89

I'm actually only responding to this cause I want people to have the opportunity to "Read It Again"!
love Carrie. Love this album. Love where it's at. Don't see any point in fretting. We all want her to go platnium so that her streak remains intact.
I think it is safe to say that is absolutely going to happy by the end of the year.
Having never released an album that did not go platnium is A-OK with me.

Why thank yah!

God forbid, if this album doesn't go platinum... I will have to get my chicken little "The sky is falling" picture back out!:p

allamericangirl8

Gee wiz... I wonder who that might be?:rolleyes:

Ahahaha! Love yah!

I wrote that as I was listening to Johnny Cash (who has, what 90 albums?), but yes, Guns N' Roses would be a fine selection, too. :) Or Iron Maiden or Pantera or Led Zeppelin or the Rolling Stones or Nine Inch Nails or Black Sabbath, etc. And trust me, these are not like having wine after whiskey.

Pi314CA

The sales right now is quite soft. Many album sales numbers have been substantially higher due to the blowout sale at Amazon. By some accounts, ZBB's album got about 30k in sales due to the $3.99 mp3 sale price at Amazon. Last week, Amazon sold about 550k mp3 albums for 99 cents each! And many were sold at $2.99 (Luke Bryan, Lee Brice, etc.).

The track sales have been very soft also. Even with the 25 cent sale at Amazon for some of the top tracks, the highest selling track this past week was only 205k. This number, the #1 track single sales number, has been steadily decreasing. It was in the 300k-350k when Gotye was #1. This number spiked to 500k at one point. It's been dropping to 400k, 350k, 300k, ..., and has been under 300k for the past several weeks. And now it's 205k. Without the 25 cents sale, the #1 track sale would be UNDER 200k.

Having said all that, Carrie's solid steady sales (without heavy discounts) have been impressive IMHO.

Here is the Top 10 albums and tracks for this week. Wow that the #1 track only sold 200k, the lowest amount in many weeks.

ALBUMS
1. ZAC BAND BROWN – UNCAGED 234,289
2. FRANK OCEAN – CHANNEL ORANGE 131,215
3. JUSTIN BIEBER – BELIEVE 45,216 69,537 604,296
4. CHRIS BROWN – FORTUNE 44,968 134,642 179,903
5. MAROON 5 – OVEREXPOSED 44,371 67,520 334,529
6. LINKIN PARK LIVING THINGS 36,845 63,529 324,114
7. ONE DIRECTION – UP ALL NIGHT 36,203 35,750 970,822
8. ADELE – 21 35,384 40,979 9,568,425
9. KATY PERRY – TEENAGE DREAM 33,952 80,221 2,388,187
10. KENNY CHESNEY – WELCOME TO THE FISHBOWL 31,577 42,616 329,215

TRACKS
1. CARLY RAE JEPSEN – CALL ME MAYBE 200,851 241,621 4,495,024
2. KATY PERRY – WIDE AWAKE 190,801 196,621 1,361,531
3. FLO RIDA – WHISTLE 178,301 156,313 782,838
4. P!NK – BLOW ME (ONE LAST KISS) 156,269 43,964 200,233
5. ELLIE GOULDING – LIGHTS 133,566 144,204 1,708,059
6. DAVID GUETTA FEAT. SIA – TITANIUM 115,854 126,914 1,177,240
7. CHER LLOYD – WANT U BACK 114,267 88,021 424,874
8. GOTYE FEAT. KIMBRA – SOMEBODY THAT I USED TO KNOW 113,656 130,094 5,517,698
9. OWL CITY & CARLY RAE JEPSEN – GOOD TIME 104,188 126,878 370,822
10. FUN. – SOME NIGHTS 102,983 76,389 785,137

teesharky

Biebers sales are holding up really well. He will pass carrie soon.

Kenny is also dropping at a lower dip rate then carrie.

I just wish her sales would pick up to 20k a week. The video is dragging out way too much.

SodaFlop

I think some people are fretting too much. We're only on the second single. And the longer BA stalls the better sales will pick up as we get deeper into the third quarter, and closer to the fourth. And then the release of a third single in between both quarters will help a lot - especially with Christmas. I think Team Carrie knows exactly what they are doing.

Manchs

I just wish her sales would pick up to 20k a week. The video is dragging out way too much.

Actually, they aren't. He is lacking the longevity he had in previous eras. To be quite honest, this album is underperforming big time, considering all the hype he had and the longevity he's known for. It's possible One Direction stole a part of his fanbase. He is already going to drop below them.

pgk

Carrie has always released her albums during the 4th. quarter which appears to be the one that is bolstered by all the holiday festivities. I'm pretty sure that if BA had been released during this quarter it would be more than platinum right now. If you look at Kelly's sales (who released in the 4th.qurtr) it becomes clear that with out the holiday season her sales would be somewhere between 500-600 thousand give or take a few thousand and that's after almost 10 months of sales. I think Carrie is doing just fine and that's with only spurts of promotion followed by periods of quiet...Considering all this she's not just doing fine, she's doing Great (look at Miranda's sales and she released in the 4th. qurtr.) I don't think there are too many artists if any in country who have that luxury of being able to release in any quarter and still do very well sales wise and otherwise.

Conclusion: that 4th. quarter release makes a significant difference.

Manchs

Carrie has always released her albums during the 4th. quarter which appears to be the one that is bolstered by all the holiday festivities. I'm pretty sure that if BA had been released during this quarter it would be more than platinum right now. If you look at Kelly's sales (who released in the 4th.qurtr) it becomes clear that with out the holiday season her sales would be somewhere between 500-600 thousand give or take a few thousand and that's after almost 10 months of sales. I think Carrie is doing just fine and that's with only spurts of promotion followed by periods of quiet...Considering all this she's not just doing fine, she's doing Great (look at Miranda's sales and she released in the 4th. qurtr.) I don't think there are too many artists if any in country who have that luxury of being able to release in any quarter and still do very well sales wise and otherwise.

God, after all the buzz and her best opening week sales to date, Miranda has only sold 587k? Wow. Couldn't be more overhyped. Way too low sales for a #3 and a #1 hits.

teesharky

Actually, they aren't. He is lacking the longevity he had in previous eras. To be quite honest, this album is underperforming big time, considering all the hype he had and the longevity he's known for. It's possible One Direction stole a part of his fanbase. He is already going to drop below them.

ok tx. I didn't crunch the math to be honest. I was just making an observation that it seemed like he was dropping at a lower percentage each week then Carrie....but if I am wrong-- that is good. ha hab

This week, Carrie held up nicely with a 2% drop which is great-- if HDD was right.

I hate that HDD always over-estimates Carrie's sales lately, so I get used to that figure, and then bam, Soundscan numbers come in and they are always less (lately).

Claire2004

Week: Kenny Carrie
Week 1 193,000 267,000
Week 2 61,000 (-68%) 119,000 (-57%)
Week 3 43,000 (-32%) 54,000 (-55%)
Week 4 32,000 (-27%) 45,000 (-14%)

Tee, Carrie's second week dip rate I think was cushioned by holiday sales (Mother's Day). With the holiday sales out of the picture on week 3, it made the dip rate looked steeper than it normally would be, but BA had a nice low dip rate at week 4, compared to Kenny's 4th week fall.

The figures are strictly accurate down to the last digit, sorry. I just took a quick look at Pulse for the numbers lol. :p

teesharky

agree 100%. That is why I hope for album 5, they go back to 4th quarter. They could release it Fall of 2014, and that would give Carrie 2.5 years to release it which is roughly the same amount of time between PO and BA.

teesharky

Kenny Carrie
Week 1 193,000 267,000
Week 2 61,000 (-68%) 119,000 (-57%)
Week 3 43,000 (-32%) 54,000 (-55%)
Week 4 32,000 (-27%) 45,000 (-14%)

Tee, Carrie's second week dip rate I think was cushioned by holiday sales (Mother's Day). With the holiday sales out of the picture on week 3, it made the dip rate looked steeper than it normally would be, but BA had a nice low dip rate at week 4, compared to Kenny's 4th week fall.

The figures are strictly accurate down to the last digit, sorry. I just took a quick look at Pulse for the numbers lol. :p

good---- I was right on the one week though. Carrie dropped 54% and Kenny dropped only 32% in week 3. Carrie had the Mother's day cushion in week 2.

Week 4, Carrie is doing better. But week 3, Kenny did significantly better. Did he have his cd on sale that week or something?