Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album Sales, Blown Away, Week 15

Daraebe

It really isn't that much of a drop. Last week the album sold 16,079 and this week with Hits projection of 16,035. Hopefully tomorrow's numbers gives us a a little bit of a increase.

pkc4rls

^ Yep, I was going to say that after I thought about it because I just remembered the actual sales from last week - so maybe the actual this week will go up and not even count as a "real" decrease. But either way, it is great that it stayed about even.

Marie2011

I hope album sales for any artist increases in the fall cause i added all of the album sales for this week, that was in hitsdailydouble and the total for ALL 50 albums was 878,955 SWSRN can sell more copies of her new album Red in one week. and in today's economy how is it that SWSRN can sell 1 million plus copies in 1 week, and 90% of the other music artist have sells 500,000 copies or less for the first week of sales. shoot i wouldn't be surprise if the lead single is ceritfied platinum after being out two weeks.

pkc4rls

I hope album sales for any artist increases in the fall cause i added all of the album sales for this week, that was in hitsdailydouble and the total for ALL 50 albums was 878,955 SWSRN can sell more copies of her new album Red in one week. and in today's economy how is it that SWSRN can sell 1 million plus copies in 1 week, and 90% of the other music artist have sells 500,000 copies or less for the first week of sales. shoot i wouldn't be surprise if the lead single is ceritfied platinum after being out two weeks.

Because her last album had a debut price of .99 cents is how on that album. However, we don't yet know what RED will be priced at or what it will sell first week - I am sure it will depend on the price again. BA has never been below $9.99 so that is a huge difference. Some would buy Taylor's album for .99 cents even if they only liked one song, at that price. Heck one single fan of hers could buy 50 copies for under $50 at that price so you can certainly see where you can have massive sales at .99 cents (we would have only gotten 5 copies of BA for that same $50). Anyway, that is certainly how she can get a million right out of the gate.

pkc4rls

^ It never got below 13k did it - or did it, lol (I used the little chart that is posted on CF by Dictatorship and that is where I got the idea it has not gone below 13k)? But yes, it is still better.

wonderboy

We waste toooo much time talking about What's Her Face. As long as Carrie can continue making albums and touring (which I don't see her stopping any time soon) and is happy, nothing else matters.

opry051008

Well steady sales of 16k is way better then 12k. Lol

Huh, Tee is that you? And Marie2011 are you Tee?

teesharky

^ It never got below 13k did it - or did it, lol (I used the little chart that is posted on CF by Dictatorship and that is where I got the idea it has not gone below 13k)? But yes, it is still better.

I am not sure exactly what the lowest week was...but it was getting pretty close to 10k, which is bad for a new release.

So at this point, anything above that-- is good news to me. lol

Unfortunately, at this pace, 2x platinum could take 5-10 years to happen.....lol But platinum should happen by Christmas or so.

Pi314CA

Info on this week's top 10 albums from Billboard:

The "Now That's What I Call Music!" franchise collects its 16th No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 as "Now 43" arrives atop the list. The set sold 111,000 copies in its first week according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Last week's No. 1, Rick Ross' "God Forgives, I Don't," slips to No. 2 with 60,000 and a 73% decline in sales.

At No. 3, Frank Sinatra's "Nothing But the Best" greatest hits set reenters with 40,000 (up 2,531%) after Amazon MP3 discounted it for 99 cents one day last week (Aug. 7).

Singer/songwriter Elle Varner makes a stronger-than-expected bow at No. 4 with "Perfectly Imperfect," selling 33,000.

At No. 5, Colt Ford's "Declaration of Independence" drives in with a career-high sales week of 31,000. It also gives the country act his best rank on the Billboard 200, easily surpassing the No. 26 debut and peak of 2011's "Every Chance I Get." Over on the Country Albums chart, "Declaration of Independence" zooms from No. 67 to No. 1, giving Ford his first chart-topper on that tally. (The album arrived early a week ago, after sales caused by street-date violations pushed it onto the list.)

Back on the Billboard 200, Zac Brown Band's "Uncaged" falls 2-6 with just over 31,000 (down 21%), Justin Bieber's "Believe" slips four to No. 7 with 29,000 (down 16%) and One Direction's "Up All Night" falls four to No. 8 with a little over 29,000 (down 13%). Adele's "21" slips a spot to No. 9 with 26,000 (down 9%) and the "Kidz Bop 22" album descends three to No. 10 with 23,000 (down 28%).

gocountrymusic

Because her last album had a debut price of .99 cents is how on that album. However, we don't yet know what RED will be priced at or what it will sell first week - I am sure it will depend on the price again. BA has never been below $9.99 so that is a huge difference. Some would buy Taylor's album for .99 cents even if they only liked one song, at that price. Heck one single fan of hers could buy 50 copies for under $50 at that price so you can certainly see where you can have massive sales at .99 cents (we would have only gotten 5 copies of BA for that same $50). Anyway, that is certainly how she can get a million right out of the gate.

I think you're confusing Taylor's tactics with Lady Gaga's tactics. Lady Gaga sold her album for .99 the first week or a couple days. What Taylor did was she actually added a day of sales (releasing the album on Monday instead of Tuesday) to include in the "first week" sales.

Pi314CA

I think you're confusing Taylor's tactics with Lady Gaga's tactics. Lady Gaga sold her album for .99 the first week or a couple days. What Taylor did was she actually added a day of sales (releasing the album on Monday instead of Tuesday) to include in the "first week" sales.

I recall Speak Now was sold for $3.99 during its debut week, which contributed a lot to its debut sales number.

thunder92

Taylor also sold her album on sale, but for 3.99.

maria4hitz

Carrie&Taylor

I find this to be funny as country queen (according to Nashville) sales are a joke compared to Blown Away. This week at 21,000. Last week at 20,000. 114,000 total in sales.