Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album Sales, Blown Away, Week 24

Daraebe

underwood*carrie blown away 12,844 -11 14,424 850,144

UNDERWOOD*CARRIE BLOWN AWAY 57,541 -7 61,848 1,061,511

UNDERWOOD*CARRIE SOME HEARTS 1,806 -3 1,863 7,241,890

UNDERWOOD*CARRIE PLAY ON 1,461 -11 1,647 2,142,229

UNDERWOOD*CARRIE CARNIVAL RIDE 1,268 -18 1,540 3,285,320

teesharky

Haha. Good one. :)

i really hope the duet can go at least gold- hopefully platinum! It needs to be a radio single to accomplish this though.

Manchs

RLSG 92 UNDERWOOD*CARRIE BEFORE HE CHEATS 3,586,174

It's the 92nd best selling song of all time. lol Has sold 12k since the last update

and: 57 UNDERWOOD*CARRIE GOOD GIRL 1,379,338

teesharky

So do you think BA the album might go 2x platinum in like a year or two? I figure she will be past 1 million after Christmas but then sales tend to fall off a bit.

Manchs

IMO, I think it might be certified 2x platinum around her 5th album release. Depending on the singles choices, it can have steady sales. I think it will sell 500k next year.

thunder92

^agree. I dont know if she will pass 2 million sold, but 2x platinum is possible. The next single needs to keep momentum going. And a grammy performance/wins wont hurt either.

countrymusicfan15

Kinda off topic, but do you guys remember when Carrie said Remind Me Part 2 would be on the album? Do you think she was referring to Wine After Whiskey? If so, that gives me a little hope that it could be released as a single!!

Manchs

I think it will depend on the success of her 3rd and 4th singles.

I think WAW and TBC would give BA the best increases around Christmas. DYTAM, if released, will do just fine. The single itself won't sell that much, but I believe it will result in album sales. Any good ideas for a 4th single? Please, no One Way Ticket.

opry051008

I think WAW and TBC would give BA the best increases around Christmas. DYTAM, if released, will do just fine. The single itself won't sell that much, but I believe it will result in album sales. Any good ideas for a 4th single? Please, no One Way Ticket.

I think the singles are a tough call because we all seem divided on the songs. TBC is the only one that everyone seems to agree with so I would go with that for the 4th single. The 3rd single seems to be the most difficult one to pick but I still think DYTAM is the best choice because it's different than anything Carrie has had on the radio. But is it strong enough to hit the penthouse on the charts?

countrymusicfan15

I think the singles are a tough call because we all seem divided on the songs. TBC is the only one that everyone seems to agree with so I would go with that for the 4th single. The 3rd single seems to be the most difficult one to pick but I still think DYTAM is the best choice because it's different than anything Carrie has had on the radio. But is it strong enough to hit the penthouse on the charts?

I think if DYTAM is going to be released, now is the time to do it. It will allow for BA to continue its mega success on all the charts, yet it will be strong enough to carry its own on country radio. Then, right after it peaks at the top, everyone will be ready for another dark, epic song :D plus, the first line in DYTAM is "That first cold September night..." so imo it def will resonate better with listeners right now (opposed to say April or May), as it is getting colder and "September" implies fall time :)

Manchs

TBC for the 4th single? Don't you think it would be a bit weird for it to peak around summer? I would love it as a 5th single though.
DYTAM is not a powerful song, but it's still cute, relaxing and has a very good feeling to it. I think it can sneak a week at the top on Mediabase, because you know, it's Carrie. It will probably hit top 40 on Hot 100 (lower top 40), because it doesn't have that 'single seller' appeal. On Hot Country Songs? I think top 5 (#4 is my guess)

opry051008

TBC for the 4th single? Don't you think it would be a bit weird for it to peak around summer? I would love it as a 5th single though.
DYTAM is not a powerful song, but it's still cute, relaxing and has a very good feeling to it. I think it can sneak a week at the top on Mediabase, because you know, it's Carrie. It will probably hit top 40 on Hot 100 (lower top 40), because it doesn't have that 'single seller' appeal. On Hot Country Songs? I think top 5 (#4 is my guess)

TBC seems to be the song that's connecting best with people (apart from BA) so it would be best to go for it in forth position because the label may not go to 5 singles especially since the Aerosmith duet has to fit in somewhere.

teesharky

The label is definitely going to release One Way Ticket next summer. I am sure that will be single 4 or 5. Two Black Cadillacs can be single 5 or even 6 in the Fall of 2013.

They have to go 5 singles this time. Otherwise the album will be over by Summer 2013--- only 1 year after it was released. What will Carrie do then when she won't have time to write album 5 until after the tour is over-- and I am guessing the tour won't be over till Summer 2013. So she will need another single for Fall 2013 to close out the album.

Then- she can take Fall 2013- Fall 2014 to write Album 5, and rlease it Late Fall 2014.

With singles this strong-- they would be Bat S**t crazy to only release 4 singles. I think they need to release 6 singles to be honest, so that Cupid and 2BC will be singles at some point.

OWT is meant for next summer. They would be crazy not to release it then.

Manchs

TBC seems to be the song that's connecting best with people (apart from BA) so it would be best to go for it in forth position because the label may not go to 5 singles especially since the Aerosmith duet has to fit in somewhere.

To be honest, Carrie and Aerosmith are not signed to the same label. We don't know for sure if this is going to be a single (well, aerofanatic said it would be for sure, I know he has never let us down, but still :p). They have to get this work pretty well. If there will be just 4 singles, then they better release WAW now and TBC later. If not, they better sneak DYTAM somewhere in the middle. Carrie herself said she would release lots of singles this time. I know plans can change and I believe she said that way before the duet actually happened (I think, according to some articles, the duet was more of a random thing than a planned thing), so I think there will be more than 4 singles.