Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album Sales, Blown Away, Week 26

huggablebri

Isnt that an unbelievably huge fall off for Jason Aldean? I thought he would get those numbers in week 3.. Am I wrong? Carrie numbers are great.

opry051008

Lol. The two worse singers with the best first week record sales. That's just so funny.

Anyway, looks like Blake finally charted with his Christmas album. It's going to be interesting to see if his Christmas special helps him push his sales over Scotty. Battle of the Christmas albums. :)

opry051008

Isnt that an unbelievably huge fall off for Jason Aldean? I thought he would get those numbers in week 3.. Am I wrong? Carrie numbers are great.

It's still within the normal drop off range but definitely on the higher end of that range. Still awesome numbers for him. I hope Carrie is able to stay ahead of him for year end sales.

Manchs

It's a big fall, but he'll probably have a bit of longevity. To put things into perspective, Carrie sold 120k in the 2nd week, opening with 267k, while he opened with 409k and is projected to sell 113k this week. Carrie at least had the Mother's Day boost to help her. She only fell 55%. But I believe she sold around 55k the week after, so, she had a big drop. I believe he will fall something like 15% this week due to the CMAs. Is he performing?

opry051008

It's a big fall, but he'll probably have a bit of longevity. To put things into perspective, Carrie sold 120k in the 2nd week, opening with 267k, while he opened with 409k and is projected to sell 113k this week. Carrie at least had the Mother's Day boost to help her. She only fell 55%. But I believe she sold around 55k the week after, so, she had a big drop. I believe he will fall something like 15% this week due to the CMAs. Is he performing?

Carrie dropped in the 70 percentile for the PO album in the second week.

Yes Jason is performing.

Manchs

Carrie dropped in the 70 percentile for the PO album in the second week.

Yes Jason is performing.

Thanks, I think we should look forward to a small drop next week! I think he'll probably sell around 85k~90k copies.

Yeah, that was quite a big drop, but I believe she opened with 50k more and sold like just 8k more the week after in comparison with BA, right? I don't remember how much she did in the 2nd week with PO. She also had the holiday season to help her. I believe she even had a increase, selling close to 150k in the 3rd week.

allamericangirl8

Which crystal ball did you use?

Whoa whoa whoa. I should predict these more often.

Lol. The two worse singers with the best first week record sales. That's just so funny.

Did you just... lump the queen of pop in with TayTay?

29309561.jpg
qm.gif

opry051008

Thanks, I think we should look forward to a small drop next week! I think he'll probably sell around 85k~90k copies.

Yeah, that was quite a big drop, but I believe she opened with 50k more and sold like just 8k more the week after in comparison with BA, right? I don't remember how much she did in the 2nd week with PO. She also had the holiday season to help her. I believe she even had a increase, selling close to 150k in the 3rd week.

You have an amazing memory Manchs. :)

Thanks to Cary's handy dandy Chart History.

Blown Away
5/6/12 - Week 1 - 267,338
5/13/12 - Week 2 - 119,524
5/20/12 - Week 3 - 53,779

Play On
11/8/09 - Week 1 -317,695
11/15/09 - Week 2 -128,443
11/22/09 - Week 3 -86,218

Manchs

You have an amazing memory Manchs. :)

Thanks to Cary's handy dandy Chart History.

Blown Away
5/6/12 - Week 1 - 267,338
5/13/12 - Week 2 - 119,524
5/20/12 - Week 3 - 53,779

Play On
11/8/09 - Week 1 -317,695
11/15/09 - Week 2 -128,443
11/22/09 - Week 3 -86,218

Haha thanks! It sucks that I can only remember of useless things, like how much BA sold in its third week. If only I had that power with History and Geography. :p

How much do you guys think BA will sell this week? It has a discount on both Amazon and iTunes... and we have the CMAs. 25k anyone?

opry051008

Haha thanks! It sucks that I can only remember of useless things, like how much BA sold in its third week. If only I had that power with History and Geography. :p

How much do you guys think BA will sell this week? It has a discount on both Amazon and iTunes... and we have the CMAs. 25k anyone?

Well it's better to remember useless things... I don't usually remember anything. lol.

I don't guess well either. lol. Ask Nicole, she seems to have the power of prediction. :)

Manchs

Well it's better to remember useless things... I don't usually remember anything. lol.

I don't guess well either. lol. Ask Nicole, she seems to have the power of prediction. :)

Hahahaha that's funny :p

Nicooooooooooooole, where you at. Come here and make your predictions.

teesharky

I am so glad Britney still has the record. Good. I am not even a Britney fan but anyone deserves it over SWSRN. lol

Glad Carrie stayed steady at around 14k.

Let's hope the CMAS bump her up top 20k or so.

teesharky

^ You guys are forgetting about Lady A's Christmas Album. It sold well- 23k. I plan to buy it at some point but I am not in a Christmas mood in October. I hate that they release Christmas cds so freakin early.

Manchs

Looks like BA will hit the 900k mark next week. With 14k sold this week, the album has sold 878k. She needs to sell only 22k this week. With the discount and the CMAs, I believe she can pull it off. :)

Pi314CA

Anyway, looks like Blake finally charted with his Christmas album. It's going to be interesting to see if his Christmas special helps him push his sales over Scotty. Battle of the Christmas albums. :)

Blake's Christmas album has not sold that well. In its first 4 weeks, its sold less than Scotty's first week (sold 41k).

Blake's album sales:
week 1 - 9k (BB #52)
week 2 - 5k (BB #84)
week 3 - 8k (BB #52)
week 4 - 8.9k (BB #43) --- unofficial
================
total = ~30k

opry051008

^ You guys are forgetting about Lady A's Christmas Album. It sold well- 23k. I plan to buy it at some point but I am not in a Christmas mood in October. I hate that they release Christmas cds so freakin early.

No, I didn't forget but based on how fast their album has dropped on iTunes, I'm guessing that it's going to be between Blake and Scotty. Unless Rod Stewart comes out on top. lol.

opry051008

Blake's Christmas album has not sold that well. In its first 4 weeks, its sold less than Scotty's first week (sold 41k).

Blake's album sales:
week 1 - 9k (BB #52)
week 2 - 5k (BB #84)
week 3 - 8k (BB #52)
week 4 - 8.9k (BB #43) --- unofficial
================
total = ~30k

Although it hasn't sold well, he has a Christmas special coming out and with the type of ratings that the Voice is getting right now, I'm thinking he's going to get a ton of extra promo for his album. That's why I think it's between Scotty and Blake for the battle of Christmas albums.