Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album Sales, Blown Away, week 27

Pi314CA

From HITS:

AND NOW, YOUR TOP 15: This week's top debut, Meek Mill, seems to have been impacted the hardest by this week's storms, flooding and power outages in the Northeast. While most of the other titles are falling in line with expectations, Mill, whose base has been heaviest in the New York/Philadelphia areas, seems to be coming in considerably below earlier forecasts. His projection today has dropped nearly 10% over what the numbers suggested yesterday. In addition, Meek's digital share may be substantially higher than comparable first week titles indicating consumers on the East Coast are more focused on getting their power back on and back to work rather than buying new releases. Here's how it looks headed into the weekend:

Taylor Swift (Big Machine) 325-340k
* Meek Mill (Maybach/Warner Bros.) 165-180k
* Rod Stewart (Verve) 75-80k
Kendrick Lamar (Aftermath/Interscope) 65-70k
Jason Aldean (Broken Bow) 65-70k
* Toby Keith (Show Dog) 45-50k
Mumford & Sons (Glassnote) 40-45k
* Neil Young & Crazy Horse (Reprise) 30-35k
* Trans Siberian Orchestra (Lava/Republic) 24-27k
Pink (RCA) 20-23k
Little Big Town (Capitol Nashville) 18-21k
Tony Bennett (Columbia) 17-20k
Lady Antebellum (Capitol Nashville) 17-20k
* Flyleaf (A&M/Octone) 17-20k
Carrie Underwood (19/Arista Nashville) 15-18k

* Debuts

Pi314CA

I am very surprised that Meek Mill has stayed #1 on the iTunes album chart during this entire week thus far. I would have thought that it would be a distance second to Red.

Burst

I am very surprised that Meek Mill has stayed #1 on the iTunes album chart during this entire week thus far. I would have thought that it would be a distance second to Red.

Same. On another note, nice to see Carrie on this list again!

opry051008

blank.gif
CMAS SET SALES FOR COUNTRY ARTISTS
blank.gif
n_rrule.gif
Jason Aldean, Eric Church, Luke Bryan, Carrie Underwood, Little Big Town, Blake Shelton Al Register Gains After ABC Telecast

The 46th Annual CMA Awards, televised live last night on ABC, sent album and single sales soaring, with artists like Broken Bow’s Jason Aldean, Capitol Nashville’s Luke Bryan, Eric Church and Little Big Town, and 19/Arista Nashville’s Carrie Underwood among the night’s big chart winners.

Aldean, who opened the show with Bryan and Album of the Year winner Church, saw sales nearly double overnight for Night Train, which is now at #4 on the iTunes chart. It was a big night as well for Capitol Nashville, now consolidated with UMG Nashville under its former chief Mike Dungan, with Little Big Town nabbing Single of the Year and Vocal Group of the Year honors and showing a whopping 260% increase day to day. The label’s Bryan and Church saw their most recent albums soar back into the iTunes chart at #5 and #6, benefiting from a $7.99 Great Country Albums promotion along with Underwood, who was also up by a significant amount. Church sold more than three times the amount of the previous day, while Bryan was up four times.

Performers including Republic Nashville’s The Band Perry (“Better Dig Two”) and Atlantic New Artist winner Hunter Hayes (“Wanted”) also climbed into the iTunes Top 10 singles chart at #3 and #9, respectively.

Even Taylor Swift’s Red showed a boost from her appearance, with a 60%.increase in digital sales.

Blue Chair/Columbia artist Kenny Chesney, who took home Musical Event of the Year honors with Tim McGraw for “Feel Like a Rock Star,” saw sales of his Welcome to the Fishbowl also double overnight.

Show Dog’s Toby Keith, who earned Video of the Year for his smash hit, “Red Solo Cup,” is looking to capitalize with his just-released Hope on the Rocks.

Meanwhile, both WB Nashville Entertainer and Male Vocalist of the Year Blake Shelton, and his wife, Columbia Nashville Female Vocalist of the Year Miranda Lambert, who co-hosted the show with him, also saw overnight sales spikes.

HITS Daily Double: News

Schrodinger

Wow apparently none of the press can get all their facts straight about the show ---

Meanwhile, both WB Nashville Entertainer and Male Vocalist of the Year Blake Shelton, and his wife, Columbia Nashville Female Vocalist of the Year Miranda Lambert, who co-hosted the show with him, also saw overnight sales spikes.

So, I guess Brad and Carrie were just up there on stage stealing all their lines :p

opry051008

CHART DATE: 11/05/2012
LAST UPDATE: 11/05/2012 13:44:13
NOW IN: 69.42%
s_shad.gif
blank.gif
LWTWartist / albumlabelpower index
1 1TAYLOR SWIFTBIG MACHINE238,686
RED
-- 2MEEK MILLMAYBACH/WARNER BROS.126,166
DREAMS & NIGHTMARES
-- 3ROD STEWARTVERITY45,483
MERRY CHRISTMAS BABY
3 4JASON ALDEANBROKEN BOW41,654
NIGHT TRAIN
-- 5TOBY KEITHSHOW DOG32,162
HOPE ON THE ROCKS
2 6KENDRICK LAMARAFTERMATH/INTERSCOPE29,497
GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY
11 7LITTLE BIG TOWNCAPITOL NASHVILLE21,980
TORNADO
4 8MUMFORD & SONSGLASSNOTE21,337
BABEL
-- 9CALVIN HARRISCOLUMBIA19,550
18 MONTHS
--10TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRALAVA/REPUBLIC18,300
DREAMS OF FIREFLIES
3411ERIC CHURCHCAPITOL NASHVILLE14,738
CHIEF
2312LUKE BRYANCAPITOL NASHVILLE14,467
TAILGATES & TANLINES
713P!NKRCA11,987
TRUTH ABOUT LOVE
--14NEIL YOUNG & CRAZY HORSEREPRISE11,813
PSYCHEDELIC PILL
2115CARRIE UNDERWOOD19/ARISTA NASHVILLE11,037
BLOWN AWAY
916LADY ANTEBELLUMCAPITOL NASHVILLE10,730
ON THIS WINTER'S NIGHT
1317SCOTTY MCCREERYMERC NASH/19/INTERSCOPE10,390
CHRISTMAS WITH SCOTTY
1718LUMINEERSDUALTONE9,902
LUMINEERS
--19JASON ALDEANBROKEN BOW9,760
MY KINDA PARTY
4320BLAKE SHELTONWARNER BROS. NASHVILLE8,475
CHEERS, IT'S CHRISTMAS

teesharky

Good update! But I really hope Carrie moves ahead of some of those country albums like Luke or Eric Church.

Manchs

Good update! But I really hope Carrie moves ahead of some of those country albums like Luke or Eric Church.

Hum... I wouldn't be so sure... they got a pretty good increase, way better than Carrie, after the CMAs. When you're a new artist 'breaking through', it's easier for you to get a good boost when you perform. When you're already famous, people already know you and they already have some kind of image of you, so, performances usually do not have a big boost. I think that's it haha

teesharky

Hum... I wouldn't be so sure... they got a pretty good increase, way better than Carrie, after the CMAs. When you're a new artist 'breaking through', it's easier for you to get a good boost when you perform. When you're already famous, people already know you and they already have some kind of image of you, so, performances usually do not have a big boost. I think that's it haha

That actually makes alot of sense. I always wondered why new acts get such massive bumps after award shows but Carrie doesn't anymore.

opry051008

That actually makes alot of sense. I always wondered why new acts get such massive bumps after award shows but Carrie doesn't anymore.

The great thing is Carrie's consistency. These acts go above her on iTunes but eventually fall below her. :)

I wonder if the iTunes sale will continue for another week?

PRGuy79

Strong, consistent sales is what we want and that is what we are getting! Awesome. And the itunes sale will have a big impact into next week, too. And with holiday sales right around the corner, we are going to see sales totals quickly rise through the end of the year.

teesharky

I wonder if the Aerosmith duet will get Carrie some buzz if there are ads up for it? Hope so! So glad she tweeted about it!

pklongbeach

Solid numbers, we gotta be happy about that.
Well, the TS fans in the tS thread are tarrible fans! No album updates, ha ha. So I will ask you wizards, How is Red doing on sales drop off based on SN two years ago?
300,000 is great by any standard but is it great for TS third week?

Manchs

Solid numbers, we gotta be happy about that.
Well, the TS fans in the tS thread are tarrible fans! No album updates, ha ha. So I will ask you wizards, How is Red doing on sales drop off based on SN two years ago?
300,000 is great by any standard but is it great for TS third week?

Time must be passing by really slowly, because that's only her second week! haha Power of TS and her album release.

She was predicted to sell 325k-340k last week. She performed at the CMAs, so numbers should be bigger than that. Albums that debut high usually have big drops. She should drop 70%-75%, I believe it's going to drop less than when she released Speak Now. Yes, it's awesome.