Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album Sales, Blown Away, week 27

teesharky

Thank God! lol But watch she sells her album for $5 too on Black Friday- like Carrie is. Something tells me she will not go quietly into the good night. lol

Notable Upcoming Releases
Nov 13

ONE DIRECTION (should be #1)
CHRISTINA AGUILERA (will be interesting to see if the voice will help her sales, opened in 2010 with 111,000)
OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN/JOHN TRAVOLTA (I couldn't believe this when I saw it so I just had to post - it's a Christmas album. lol. I wonder how much it will sell?)

Nov 19

COLDPLAY (opened in 2011 with 447,000)
RIHANNA (opened in 2011 with 198,000)
AC/DC (in 2008, they opened with 784,000 so it will be interesting to see if they can top Coldplay)
KID ROCK (opened in 2010 with 189,000)

Nov 27

ALICIA KEYS (opened in 2009 with 417,000)

clh_hilary

Notable Upcoming Releases
Nov 13

ONE DIRECTION (should be #1)
CHRISTINA AGUILERA (will be interesting to see if the voice will help her sales, opened in 2010 with 111,000)
OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN/JOHN TRAVOLTA (I couldn't believe this when I saw it so I just had to post - it's a Christmas album. lol. I wonder how much it will sell?)

Nov 19

COLDPLAY (opened in 2011 with 447,000)
RIHANNA (opened in 2011 with 198,000)
AC/DC (in 2008, they opened with 784,000 so it will be interesting to see if they can top Coldplay)
KID ROCK (opened in 2010 with 189,000)

Nov 27

ALICIA KEYS (opened in 2009 with 417,000)

Just wanna point out that both Coldplay's and AC/DC's are live albums. And 99% of live albums don't sell all that big with the exception of Garth Brooks' "Double Live" opening with a million copies in a week (10 days for Walmart).

For Christina Aguilera, I am certain that the Voice has helped her sales. There was no way "Your Body" would have went as high as it did (Peaking at #4 on iTunes, the same as "Not Myself Tonight) with weaker airplay than NMT after the disastrous "Bionic" era. And, she wouldn't even have been close to Top 20 on Pop radio had there not been the Voice either (And "Moves Like Jagged" with Maroon 5 in lead of course had helped some as well). But the thing is, it still doesn't mean she's gonna open with a bigger number than 111.000 copies. I've called that number for Floponic right at the beginning and was right to the thousands (Well I called it 120k even before "Lift Me Up", and after seeing HDD projecting her at 120k I revised my prediction to 111k), but I'm extremely uncertain about her number this time around. I suppose the ceiling for her could be around 70-80k copies, but I won't be surprised if she goes 40-50k copies. Should not be doing anymore lower though. But the thing with her is not the exact number, but is whether she can actually debut Top 10 this time. There will be a lot of competitions and she could very well debut outside of the Top 10 with more than 80k copies sold a la Kris Allen with his debut album debuting #11 with 88.000 copies sold.

opry051008

Just wanna point out that both Coldplay's and AC/DC's are live albums. And 99% of live albums don't sell all that big with the exception of Garth Brooks' "Double Live" opening with a million copies in a week (10 days for Walmart).

For Christina Aguilera, I am certain that the Voice has helped her sales. There was no way "Your Body" would have went as high as it did (Peaking at #4 on iTunes, the same as "Not Myself Tonight) with weaker airplay than NMT after the disastrous "Bionic" era. And, she wouldn't even have been close to Top 20 on Pop radio had there not been the Voice either (And "Moves Like Jagged" with Maroon 5 in lead of course had helped some as well). But the thing is, it still doesn't mean she's gonna open with a bigger number than 111.000 copies. I've called that number for Floponic right at the beginning and was right to the thousands (Well I called it 120k even before "Lift Me Up", and after seeing HDD projecting her at 120k I revised my prediction to 111k), but I'm extremely uncertain about her number this time around. I suppose the ceiling for her could be around 70-80k copies, but I won't be surprised if she goes 40-50k copies. Should not be doing anymore lower though. But the thing with her is not the exact number, but is whether she can actually debut Top 10 this time. There will be a lot of competitions and she could very well debut outside of the Top 10 with more than 80k copies sold a la Kris Allen with his debut album debuting #11 with 88.000 copies sold.

Thanks, I didn't realize the two albums were Live ones.

I will be shocked and really disappointed if Xtina's goes 40-50k copies. There's such good buzz about the album in addition to the Voice exposure.

clh_hilary

Thanks, I didn't realize the two albums were Live ones.

I will be shocked and really disappointed if Xtina's goes 40-50k copies. There's such good buzz about the album in addition to the Voice exposure.

Well, things are not looking good for her definitely...

1. Even "Bionic" only opened with 111.000 copies;
2. This will follow a disastrous era instead of moderately successful "Back To Basics" and greatest hits eras;
3. "Your Body" flopped hard than "Not Myself Tonight";
4. She has less buzz this time around;
5. The Voice is not showing at the moment;
6. She has less promotions this time in comparison to "Bionic": She had Oprah, American Idol, MTV Movie Awards and the Haiti Relief on top of all the standard promotion slots. She also has released only one song to preview the album, when she had released "WooHoo" with Nicki Minaj, and performed both "You Lost Me" and "Bionic" in advance to her album releases;
7. The industry further deteriorated;
8. She could get lost in shuffle this time.

All these things actually point to a way lower opening, it's just that the Voice and "Moves Like Jagger" have kept her relevant so it won't drop to the 20-30k level.

opry051008

Well, things are not looking good for her definitely...

1. Even "Bionic" only opened with 111.000 copies;
2. This will follow a disastrous era instead of moderately successful "Back To Basics" and greatest hits eras;
3. "Your Body" flopped hard than "Not Myself Tonight";
4. She has less buzz this time around;
5. The Voice is not showing at the moment;
6. She has less promotions this time in comparison to "Bionic": She had Oprah, American Idol, MTV Movie Awards and the Haiti Relief on top of all the standard promotion slots. She also has released only one song to preview the album, when she had released "WooHoo" with Nicki Minaj, and performed both "You Lost Me" and "Bionic" in advance to her album releases;
7. The industry further deteriorated;
8. She could get lost in shuffle this time.

All these things actually point to a way lower opening, it's just that the Voice and "Moves Like Jagger" have kept her relevant so it won't drop to the 20-30k level.

I didn't realize your body was a flop. It's played on my radio station all the time. I'm not sure what you mean that the Voice is not showing at the moment.

Anyway, I hope you're wrong. Unfortunately you're usually right. :(

carrieismy1idol

Wow apparently none of the press can get all their facts straight about the show ---

So, I guess Brad and Carrie were just up there on stage stealing all their lines :p
They Do Need To Get The Facts Straight I Do Not Understand All The Blake & Miranda Hype It Is Really Starting To Annoy Me Press,Critics & Award Shows Need To Understand That Not Everybody In The World Has To Like Them.

Last edited:

clh_hilary

I didn't realize your body was a flop. It's played on my radio station all the time. I'm not sure what you mean that the Voice is not showing at the moment.

Anyway, I hope you're wrong. Unfortunately you're usually right. :(

Well I'm already wrong cuz the Voice is showing at the moment. :p Otherwise we wouldn't have witnessed her very off note on it...

YB is not really a 'flop', but it peaked exactly the same as "Not Selling Tonight" on iTunes, had weaker radio opening performance, similar opening sales as NMT if you consider the market change, quick drop in sales, lower radio peaks all around...

"Your Body": Sold 322k copies to date
Adult Top 40: Peaked at #34 with 4 weeks on chart
Did not chart on Rhythmic
Peaked at #19 daily on Pop

Last edited: