Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album/Track Sales, Week 52, Blown Away Era

pklongbeach

You think tickets will sell? Maybe she should think about opening for the Lord.
A writer in People Mag. wrote a small blurb about his "First Taylor Swift Concert".
He admitted that she connected very well with the adoring fans even though.....admittedly.....

she didn't sing very well.........

she didn't dance very well.......

she didn't play guitar very well.........

(he seemed a bit hardpressed to find anything she did do well)

"But when she sang "Mean"" he said, "her lyrics were clearly connecting with the target audience".

Interesting

JB172

I've said this before, but I'll say it again: We are a spoiled fanbase.
Most artists would kill for album sales like Carrie's. As glenn said, it is truly something special that after a year, BA is still in the top 50.
Just look at Tim's latest album. He is barely ahead of BA in sales, and his album was only released a few months ago.

I guess nothing is ever good enough for some around here though. Personally, I'm so happy to see BA still selling this well, especially considering Carrie is currently on tour and not making many tv appearances to promote the single/album.

Exactly, things are going really well for any artist when they are still doing over 8k a week when the album has been out a year.

pklongbeach

clh_hilary is just joking around.... and he's pretty funny.
I know, I was just having fun with him.

I am one of the few that enjoy his little dripping sarcasms. You have to really think hard to figure out just how serious he is being....ha ha ha

Pi314CA

Per roughstock.com and USA today,

BA sold 20,000; total = 2,137,000
TBC sold 19,000; total = 734,000
See You Again (7,000, +68%, 77,000)

teesharky

Alright. At least SYA is continuing to increase. It just seems to be taking forever to hit 100k. I am definitely going to breathe easier once it goes Gold. lol

Anyway, 2BC is chugging along nicely towards platinum. It will take awhile, but I do believe it will hit platinum by early 2014.

BA is a SMASH. :)

clh_hilary

The Wanted just released a hymn for The Lord.

The lyric goes: 'She can't sing, she can't dance, but who cares? She walks like Rihanna.'

look for example at Adele's 21 that album has been out for 115 weeks and has yet to sell less than 11k a week and has sold nearly 10.6 million in the US and is almost ready for a double diamond cert in canada

teesharky

^ Are you being serious or sarcastic? lol I can't tell.

I wouldn't say she is flopping. Just a bad week. Hope she can recover a bit with the video release and the CMT Awards. Summer will be sluggish as she has no appearances, but the Fall has the CMAS and Sound of Music, etc.

Manchs

^ Are you being serious or sarcastic? lol I can't tell.

I wouldn't say she is flopping. Just a bad week. Hope she can recover a bit with the video release and the CMT Awards. Summer will be sluggish as she has no appearances, but the Fall has the CMAS and Sound of Music, etc.

Sarcastic, lmao.

It's just a bad time for albums to sell. She should get a bump soon. Mother's Day is near, right?

By the way,

103 underwood*carrie before he cheats 3,763,595

Pi314CA

Sales figures thus far:

Blown Away album: 7,802; total = 1,420,344
Some Hearts album: 1,000; total = 7.316 million

BA sold 19,789; total = 2,136,533
TBC sold 18,561; total = 734,438
See You Again sold 7,000, up +68%, total: 77,000