Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album/Track Sales, Week 52, Blown Away Era

bs63093

Kelly clarksons STRONGER album was pop perfection and it has two successful singles and one GIGANTIUM HISTORY MAKING MONSTER single(Stronger is played evrywhere) and it only had 3 singles yet made it to platinum, talk bout a great album cut short

@Chl Hilary Stronger {What doesn't Kill You} is the best selling song by an American Idol Artist having sold 4.303 million copies about 540.159k more than Before He Cheats

thunder92

^technically, Home by Phillip Phillips is the best selling.

and besides being a pop hit I don't think stronger has done much. It was huge, yes but there are plenty of pop hits getting the same treatment.

Pi314CA

From 2 weeks ago:

Home, 26,662, -2%, 27,290, 4,391,090
Stronger, 10,182, -25%, 13,506, 4,294,189

bs63093

yeah but my point was that STRONGER had one of the biggest selling songs last year and the album sold really well yet they cut singles really short just to release the GREATST hits

teesharky

22 flopped too apparently as they already announced a new SWSRN pop song. She is a piece of work. She will end up releasing like 5 singles to pop this era, and 1 to country-- and call it a country album so she can win more awards. Greedy, no integrity pop princess.

Manchs

It hasn't peaked yet, but 22 is definitely flopping. Yeah, funny that Big Machine relied on Highway Don't Care to give her a #1.

bs63093

how in the world is 22 flopping!! its in the top 15 on itunes!! I know for a fact we would allll love that all of carries singles would be in top 15 itunes

simonplay

WANEGBT and IKYWT spend most of the time AT #1 in itunes so 22 its not doing very well FOR A POP SINGER.

teesharky

how in the world is 22 flopping!! its in the top 15 on itunes!! I know for a fact we would allll love that all of carries singles would be in top 15 itunes

I meant it flopped on pop radio- not itunes. They already announced the new single while 22 ison radio still- which is radio speak for " the song is done. "

But compared to her other pop songs- it flopped in itunes sales too if you compare the sales for her other songs.

Pi314CA

The iTunes chart is weak right now where being #15 is not as important as the actual sales number (i.e. its ratio to the #1 iTunes song). Here is some hard data to show that "22" is a pop flop:

WANEGBT: #1 Hot 100, #2 Pop, #9 AC, #7 Adult Pop Songs, 3x Platinum
IKYWT: #2 Hot 100, #1 Pop, #5 AC, #1 Adult Pop Songs, 4x Platinum
"22": #20 Hot 100, #15 Pop, --- AC, #14 Adult Pop Songs, Gold

So, "22" is not a top 10 hit and has only achieve Gold status in sales. The label gave it about 2.5 months. One really telling sign as to whether a song is a hit is the airplay. The maximum airplay for this song has been 55 million, whereas WANEGBT and IKYWT had a maximum of around 190 million. Getting only 55 million AIs is a FLOP.

DaisyTweets

22 flopped too apparently as they already announced a new SWSRN pop song. She is a piece of work. She will end up releasing like 5 singles to pop this era, and 1 to country-- and call it a country album so she can win more awards. Greedy, no integrity pop princess.
Well hopefully with the results from the recent ACMs, the country music genre/industry has spoken and she won't be able to steam roll through the country awards anymore and take the awards away from real country music artists.

Pi314CA

Well hopefully with the results from the recent ACMs, the country music genre/industry has spoken and she won't be able to steam roll through the country awards anymore and take the awards away from real country music artists.

I'll go one step further and hope that she does not take away NOMINATIONS from real country music artists.