Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think about 'Blown Away' being the second single?

teesharky

I adore Blown Away! it is catchy and has a great hook so it is great for radio. I have to say that Mark
bright did a phenominal job on the production of this song and the album as a whole. :)

I know some people may feel it is too pop sounding for country radio but it has a great country story so i think it works fine for radio.

Just wait till the video comes out! 5 days of shooting! I bet it will be epic good!

Maybe they were waiting for a real storm to come through to make it authentic.

liz278

thought it was very good. but VERY disappointed that she didn't sing GG.

I think she sang BA because she was promoting her album and her tour! I know that she is going to be on Ellen, Kimmel, and I think DWTS this week and she will be singing GG at these shows, so you will be able to GG at least 3 more times this week :)!

I think BA will be the next single based on the tweets we have seen. It just looked like a BA video by the pic we saw of Carrie and her dogs.

Oneal

I'm not sure why people think BA is less Country than GG. GG to me, is much more loud and rocking and doesn't really even have Country lyrics. At least BA has a story line that is more suited for the Country Genre.

Amber Ashes

I really want it to be the next single. To me it is THE stand out track on the album. I know that it is not very country but it is too epic of a song not be a single.

Pi314CA

Maybe BA will be announced as the second single next week during the CMA Fest, after GG gets to #1 this weekend.

mtreasmith

I would have MUCH MUCH MUCH rather it have been "One Way Ticket" since it is summer time and I think it would be a huge hit driving to the beach etc! But, I love Blown Away. I just wish that it would have been a single later on in the era.

Mirasa45A

I am OK with it because I love the song --but, do country radios like it because it's not too country. Well, I guess if they will play Taylor Swift's song which is blatantly pop, they should play Carrie's.

bigbluegrl23

I am OK with it because I love the song --but, do country radios like it because it's not too country. Well, I guess if they will play Taylor Swift's song which is blatantly pop, they should play Carrie's.

Good Girl is more pop than this song so we'll be ok haha. The subject matter of Blown Away is extremely country. way more than anything TS or even Lady A has released. I'm gonna go on a short rant NOT directed at you LOL. Instruments arent the only things that make a country song. just like songs about trucks and "being country" don't make a good country song. One thing that makes a good country song is a real life stories. Stories of abuse are touched on quite a bit in country music.
Becca

bigbluegrl23

I would have MUCH MUCH MUCH rather it have been "One Way Ticket" since it is summer time and I think it would be a huge hit driving to the beach etc! But, I love Blown Away. I just wish that it would have been a single later on in the era.

One Way Ticket will prob be released next summer so it'll give the album good longevity. Blown Away is itching to be released though. It'll sell albums a) bc of its title and b) because I really think it's about to smash. Its already sold 120,000 copies haha. its one of those once in a lifetime type songs.
Becca

mtreasmith

One Way Ticket will prob be released next summer so it'll give the album good longevity. Blown Away is itching to be released though. It'll sell albums a) bc of its title and b) because I really think it's about to smash. Its already sold 120,000 copies haha. its one of those once in a lifetime type songs.
Becca

yeah you're right! I just really hope she releases it next summer!!

Pi314CA

Good Girl is more pop than this song so we'll be ok haha. The subject matter of Blown Away is extremely country. way more than anything TS or even Lady A has released. I'm gonna go on a short rant NOT directed at you LOL. Instruments arent the only things that make a country song. just like songs about trucks and "being country" don't make a good country song. One thing that makes a good country song is a real life stories. Stories of abuse are touched on quite a bit in country music.
Becca

ITA. When I saw Carrie perform BA at the Opry, for some reason, it sounded even more country. BA is much more country than GG, IMO.

BA should be released to Country, Top 40, Hot AC, AC all at once. The label wants Carrie domination, right? :)

supercarriefan

Becca

Exactly! A great country song isn't made by adding a little fiddle or mandolin to the mix lol. It's made by lyrics that tell a story that touches people and relates to life's struggles or triumphs. These great stories are why I listen to country music. You really don't hear any other genre tell stories of tough subjects, such as abuse, like country music.

Of course, the instrumentation and production of Blown Away may also help it get some spins on other formats which isn't bad either lol.

nccountrygal

I think BA would be the better second single since it appears that a lot of people like the song. I am sure it will help sell albums which is what Arista wants right now. Hopefully, BA will turn out to be a really hugh hit for Carrie. I think it will be hugh.

allamericangirl8

Exactly! A great country song isn't made by adding a little fiddle or mandolin to the mix lol. It's made by lyrics that tell a story that touches people and relates to life's struggles or triumphs. These great stories are why I listen to country music. You really don't hear any other genre tell stories of tough subjects, such as abuse, like country music.

Of course, the instrumentation and production of Blown Away may also help it get some spins on other formats which isn't bad either lol.

Somebody's never heard Don't Let Daddy Kiss Me by Motorhead. ;)

Seriously, though, I've always considered country and metal to be the most story-telling of all genres ironically. Old-school rap, too, to an extent.

Mirasa45A

Becca

Thank you for your explaination for I am not particularly a country music fan: I am a pop. classical, and rock and roll kind of person :):)

jptexas

I see a Megahit with Blown Away. I'll be like when JTTW came out, people loved it. After that, things slowed down with DFTRM, but it was still a hit. After that came the big ONE, the career exploder, the
hit that all country artists or any artists would have loved to have, Before He Cheats. Multiplatinum sales, grammys, cmt awards, acm awards, etc, etc. I think BA will be like BHC, but maybe not as huge, but still big. Just look at the itunes sales, it's not even a single yet. And, above all, my kids, they love it. That's their favorite song off the album and it's on continous play. I think GG will hit platinum soon and will be followed by another platinum single, BA.

My personal favorite though, is TBC, it's a masterpiece. If they don't release this song as a single at some point, there's something wrong in Arista-single-decision land. But, yea, release BA next, it'll explode on country radio.

bigbluegrl23

TBC is another one where the instrumentation will allow for crossover success but the subject matter is definitely country.
Becca

liveasong

After Good Girl and Blown Away, I want to see Wine After Whiskey, One Way Ticket, Do You Think About Me and Two Black Cadillacs as singles! :)

Songs I don't want to see as singles: Who Are You, Nobody Ever Told You & Thank God For Hometowns!