Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think about 'Blown Away' being the second single?

The Nanook

Blown Away needs to be released next, but the only thing about it being the second single is that it's usually best for singles that are going to be sent to multiple formats be spaced apart so their runs on Top 40 or AC or whatever don't interfere with each other, especially since it's a slow moving chart. I think it's best when there's a "buffer" single between them that is only sent to country radio and it also gives the era more momentum as opposed to being front loaded. If Blown Away does as well as we all hope it does, they need good singles to sustain the rest of the era, and I doubt TBC will do that.

Pitocco

Im all for BA being a single, but very very against TBC being a single. TBC is a MASTERPIECE, no doubt, but GG and BA are both so pop/rock influenced, and TBC isnt the most "country" sounding thing shes ever recorded either, i dont want the critics questioning her validity in country music. Im hoping for Blown Away, Leave Love Alone, Wine After Whiskey, and One Way Ticket, with Do You Think About Me if theres room (not in that order)

countrymusicfan15

Blown Away needs to be released next, but the only thing about it being the second single is that it's usually best for singles that are going to be sent to multiple formats be spaced apart so their runs on Top 40 or AC or whatever don't interfere with each other, especially since it's a slow moving chart. I think it's best when there's a "buffer" single between them that is only sent to country radio and it also gives the era more momentum as opposed to being front loaded. If Blown Away does as well as we all hope it does, they need good singles to sustain the rest of the era, and I doubt TBC will do that.

Three words: SEE YOU AGAIN!! :D

I really think GG, BA, and SYA are the three most solid songs on the album. With TBC a close 2nd (or 4th depending on how you look at it).

Last edited:

Louisa

Awesome! I'm glad Carrie's team are finding new and exciting ways to promote her. The promotion was lacking in the Play On era, so I'm happy things have improved in this era. :)