Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think about 'Blown Away' being the second single?

supercarriefan

Somebody's never heard Don't Let Daddy Kiss Me by Motorhead. ;)

Seriously, though, I've always considered country and metal to be the most story-telling of all genres ironically. Old-school rap, too, to an extent.

No, I've never heard that song lol.
I think country is the most mainstream genre that is great at story-telling. Metal tells stories, but the genre itself, for the most part, reaches a very specific audience.
I miss old school rap :p. Nowadays, all rappers seem to talk about is hooking up, violence and their money lol.

bigbluegrl23

After Good Girl and Blown Away, I want to see Wine After Whiskey, One Way Ticket, Do You Think About Me and Two Black Cadillacs as singles! :)

Songs I don't want to see as singles: Who Are You, Nobody Ever Told You & Thank God For Hometowns!

lets go for a seventh and release Cupid! she'll have the record for number ones! ;)
Becca

jptexas

I think country is the most mainstream genre that is great at story-telling. Metal tells stories, but the genre itself, for the most part, reaches a very specific audience.
I miss old school rap :p. Nowadays, all rappers seem to talk about is hooking up, violence and their money lol.

The only rappers I like are the ones that surround with my Snickers bar. :)

allamericangirl8

Don't Let Daddy Kiss Me sound-wise is the opposite of BA. It's acoustic and creepy. x)

I agree with that. Country is definitely the most mainstream. It's kind of a shame because the metal that people think of when they hear the word is a mere minority (verbal vomit). Most of it is operatic vocals, progressive guitar, and harsh yet real stories. But I also think people would hate metal vocals anyway because I've sent some to Mel and Karly and they basically said they were obnoxious, so maybe it's just an acquired taste. x)

Mainstream rock bands used to be pretty fearless, too. Back in the day. <sigh>

Old school rap is really the only rap I can listen to, too. Even the violence has been toned down lately. It's just sex and money. The genre should be called prostitution rap.

[Edit] JP and Becca, you two have awful taste in chocolate.

supercarriefan

Don't Let Daddy Kiss Me sound-wise is the opposite of BA. It's acoustic and creepy. x)

I agree with that. Country is definitely the most mainstream. It's kind of a shame because the metal that people think of when they hear the word is a mere minority (verbal vomit). Most of it is operatic vocals, progressive guitar, and harsh yet real stories. But I also think people would hate metal vocals anyway because I've sent some to Mel and Karly and they basically said they were obnoxious, so maybe it's just an acquired taste. x)

Old school rap is really the only rap I can listen to, too. Even the violence has been toned down lately. It's just sex and money. The genre should be called prostitution rap.

In terms of mainstream rock bands, Aerosmith has some pretty controversial stuff as well. However, mainstream rock bands wouldn't dare go there today for fear of offending someone.
I think the same goes for pop artists. Everyone is so afraid they are going to upset the apple cart that they just stick to the same old tired superficial stuff.
Thankfully, country music still has some guts. These stories need to be told, and I'm thankful when artists are willing to step up and record them.

bigbluegrl23

umm, exuse meeeee. Besides Carrie, chocolate is the one thing I know very well. :p hahaha
Becca

allamericangirl8

In terms of mainstream rock bands, Aerosmith has some pretty controversial stuff as well. However, mainstream rock bands wouldn't dare go there today for fear of offending someone.
I think the same goes for pop artists. Everyone is so afraid they are going to upset the apple cart that they just stick to the same old tired superficial stuff.
Thankfully, country music still has some guts. These stories need to be told, and I'm thankful when artists are willing to step up and record them.

I consider Aerosmith an exception because they were controversial when they first came out and never really changed. I mean, Janie's Got a Gun is probably their biggest hit to date (besides Dream On). That's why I love them. I wish the other "rock" bands today cared more about thinking outside the box.

Pop is also tiresomely formulaic. We need gutsy music. That's why Carrie's album excites me. All of it is really gutsy (except NETY and TGFH, which, coincidentally, are my least favorites) and breaks outside the box. Music has been in such a dry spell lately. We've reached the OK Plateau. We need another revolution, one akin to the punk explosion of the '70s or the glam dethroning of the late '80s or the experimentation of the '90s.

Okay, I'm rambling now, but whatever. :p

[Edit] Three Musketeers are terrible. Do yourself a favor and pop a Crunch Crisp or a Twix. Thank you.

carebear4eva

After Good Girl and Blown Away, I want to see Wine After Whiskey, One Way Ticket, Do You Think About Me and Two Black Cadillacs as singles! :)

Songs I don't want to see as singles: Who Are You, Nobody Ever Told You & Thank God For Hometowns!

Completely ditto this.

countrymusicfan15

Blown Away will do GREAT!!! Then DYTAM for fall and TBC for winter :D :D :D and if only CGAS had a different title, then I would pick it for summer! lol but it will prob be OWT.

cpeTN89

I am so glad BA is the next single! I think it will really be a career defining moment for her. I believe that a lot of people have kind of pigeon-holed Carrie into just singing inspirational ballads and boy bashing songs. But I am so excited for BA! I think it is going to really attract a ton of new fans and really show people that Carrie has many more sides to her than just that. I really think it is going to be a huge smash on multiple-genres. I think it will be her biggest hit to date next to BHC/JTTW! And this is the time in Carrie's career where she needs that to maintain her status and stay ahead of the game for many more years to come.

And the great thing is BA is not the only new side Carrie has to show this album era. She has so many songs that are single worthy that could potentially smash this era. If she were to release DYTAM(Sweet/vulnerable), OWT(fun/outgoing), WAW(traditional/sad ballad), and TBC(extremely dark)... I think Carrie could really emerge and this album could be her biggest to date up there with SH! This album just has so much to offer and can really attract tons of new fans and pull people into the country genre like she did with SH! I really think this era is going to be huge and the BA Run is going to really push this era into different stratospheres!!!! I am so very thrilled that Carrie is really treading unknown territory this era and is taking more risks. I love both PO and CR albums very much but I feel like with both albums we kind of safe and following the same formula as SH but with this album, everything thrown our way was unexpected and I just love the fact that she is taking risks to stay relevant and let people know "Hey, I'm still here and have tons more to offer"!!! :)

teesharky

i am thrilled!! i love the song!! love the message, love the vocals and cannpt wait for the video!! bring on the Blown Away era!!

Pi314CA

Now, we just need the video ...

x2_ccb4828

Ty

They're selling a Carrie fan in Nashville that comes w/ a new clip of the "Blown Away" music video. You have to DL some kind of app on the back of it.

KnJNg.jpg

Hopefully someone manages to video it for us.

Ty

Yeah, I just wish the label would upload the damn clips to her official YT account or something. -.-