Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your LEAST favourite song on Blown Away?

What's your least favourite song on BA?

• Good Girl

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Do You Think About Me

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Forever Changed

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Nobody Ever Told You

Votes: 30 21.9%
  • Thank God For Hometowns

Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Good in Goodbye

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Leave Love Alone

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Cupid's Got a Shotgun

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • Who Are You

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • Other (BA/TBC/SYA/OWT/WAW)

Votes: 10 7.3%

• Total voters

allamericangirl8

People picking CGAS oughta be shot... with a shotgun... by Cupid, because seriously, they need to fall in love with it the way I have. :wub:

twaintrain

There's not one I don't like, but I voted for "Nobody Ever Told You." I still really like it though. I don't get how people are not connecting with WAY. It's one of the best songs Carrie's ever done, IMO. It's breathtaking.

carriecountrystar

There's not one I don't like, but I voted for "Nobody Ever Told You." I still really like it though. I don't get how people are not connecting with WAY. It's one of the best songs Carrie's ever done, IMO. It's breathtaking.

WAY is just heavenly!
Btw, it was Mutty (shania's ex) that wrote it.

carebear4eva

I'm curious to know...Of the 7 people who picked "Other", which ones did you guys pick? I don't think anyone here would pick BA/TBC/WAW. So I'm guessing it's mainly SYA?

I'd be crushed if it's OWT, I love that song :3

carebear4eva

I agree that you shouldn't like the song just because it's religious. At the same time, I don't understand what's so disenchanting about the melody of WAY.

I dunno...I guess it's one of those songs that I only like BECAUSE it's Carrie on it. If it were anyone else, I'd skip it in an instant. Same deal with TGFH.

Now, for Cupid's Got A Shotgun....hehe. I actually have come to resent that song :p I just don't like it.

TO THE GALLOWS!

The Nanook

I honestly think that, after hearing the album, Thank God For Hometowns could have been replaced by Nobody Knows.

cpeTN89

It is so hard to pick least favorite songs on this album because there are absolutely no fillers or skip-worthy songs in my opinion. All we can really do is compare them to each other which is really hard to do because i really love them all for different reasons. It is crazy that Good Girl is one of my favorite singles she has ever released and then I listen to BA and there are like 7 or 8 songs I wish they would have released over GG. This album really is a friggin' MASTERPIECE. Can we just go on and skip nominations and all the BS and just go on and give this girl a GRAMMY, CMA, ACM, BB, AMA, ACA, PCA and any other kind of Album Of The Year awards there are? Hell, they need to make an Album Of The Century award just for BA :p

sur_crazy4carrie

I do a lot of select playing. I don't usually listen to WAY, NETY or TGFH but I have not been able to get on board with WAY at all. I don't really like the melody or the lyrics and I think it's a tad bit shouty.

Sofa Critic

With an album as solid as this one, it's hard to believe there's a discussion about least-favorite tracks. "Nobody Ever Told You" and "Thank God for Hometowns" are both fine songs with good lyrics and messages. I think "Who Are You" is good as well, but I see it almost like a bonus track or an indulgence by Carrie.

Farawayhills

I'm curious to know...Of the 7 people who picked "Other", which ones did you guys pick? I don't think anyone here would pick BA/TBC/WAW. So I'm guessing it's mainly SYA?

As far as I'm concerned, you've guessed it! I know many of you love it, but I'm afraid it's just not the kind of music I can get into. Carrie sings it very well - but I find the mixed voice oo-oos too intrusive. There's a hint of twang around 1.50, and I like the acouistic ending, which is rather reminiscent of my beloved "Good Girl" - but basically, this one strikes me as a "Power Pop" song.

In one sense, I think it seems out of place on a "new level" album, as I see it, stylistically, as a throwback to the "Some Hearts" era - albeit with more varied vocal changes.
In another sense, though, it's probably an inspired choice, coming at number 4, after three very innovative songs, acting as a "reassurance" to her many General Music fans that she's still keeping faith with them, and not going too "alternative".

I shall support this song if I write a review, as it may attract new fans - but it's not one I'd play for myself.

SoulDemiuges

I will ask this yet again, of course you can chose whatever song you want to, but will someone please explain to me why don't you like Who Are You? Like giving me reasons, arguments, if you have them? Thank you.

SoulDemiuges

As far as I'm concerned, you've guessed it! I know many of you love it, but I'm afraid it's just not the kind of music I can get into. Carrie sings it very well - but I find the mixed voice oo-oos too intrusive. There's a hint of twang around 1.50, and I like the acouistic ending, which is rather reminiscent of my beloved "Good Girl" - but basically, this one strikes me as a "Power Pop" song.

In one sense, I think it seems out of place on a "new level" album, as I see it, stylistically, as a throwback to the "Some Hearts" era - albeit with more varied vocal changes.
In another sense, though, it's probably an inspired choice, coming at number 4, after three very innovative songs, acting as a "reassurance" to her many General Music fans that she's still keeping faith with them, and not going too "alternative".

I shall support this song if I write a review, as it may attract new fans - but it's not one I'd play for myself.

Hi Farawayhills, and thank you for your insight. However, do you think the genre of the song is that important? My favourite Carrie songs of all times are Quitter, Cowboy Casanova, I know You Won't, and now WAY, SYA, BA and WAW. Many of those are very different from each other right? I don´t think we like a song because of its genre. It's deeper and more subjective than that. This is just my opinion of course. You compared SYA with the SH era, yet I don't really love any song from SH :)

DizzyDollyDee

This has been fun reading and makes a person really realize how hard it is to put out a CD. Many of us don't understand how someone could not care for a song we totally love. Carrie did really good with this one as most of us like the whole CD, with maybe some songs not loved as much but wouldn't skip. I had a couple on PO that I skipped right off the bat and never did change my mind though kept trying to as Carrie is singing them. I have some I have to hear again before I move on, but none I'm wanting to skip at this point. I'm sure each song is Carrie's baby and she hates to hear we aren't as fond of each song as she is but strong enough to handle it. Heard on an interview the nerves are setting in now that its really getting close to the CD dropping - so wants everyone to love it and not sure that'll be the case - again, introducing her babies to the world!

Farawayhills

Hi Farawayhills, and thank you for your insight. However, do you think the genre of the song is that important? My favourite Carrie songs of all times are Quitter, Cowboy Casanova, I know You Won't, and now WAY, SYA, BA and WAW. Many of those are very different from each other right? I don´t think we like a song because of its genre. It's deeper and more subjective than that. This is just my opinion of course. You compared SYA with the SH era, yet I don't really love any song from SH :)

I certainly don't think genre labels matter (the Dixie Chicks said they don't care if you call it Spanish Polka if you don't want to call it Country)

Musical style matters more - and I'm afraid that song doesn't do much for me. However, that doesn't mean it's a bad song. I'm sure many fans will relate to it strongly - and that bears out BA will have something for everyone :)

jptexas

I have songs that I love, and some that I like, but I don't have one I dislike. How bout that for an answer.

By the way, in Forever Changed, Carrie sings "nothing ever stays the same" with the word "same" using falsetto the first two times and with her
head voice on the third time around. Listen to how smooth, and rich the third time sounds. This is what I love about Carrie's voice, it has tone, treble,
midrange, and her famous vibrato, and that makes for a superstar voice. It makes me smile. THAT, her character, and ofcourse her beauty is her moneymaker.
We all have chosen well when we chose Carrie to follow. Combine that with an explosive new album and you get people excited. I know I am.

bearball49

I certainly can not tell you why others do not like WAY, but it is one of my favorites. I am crazy about most of tbe album, but for some reason WAY is the song that I find myself humming around the house. I just am constantly thinking of it. Her voice is perfect for the song, almost beseeching at points. Someone said she was almost shouting in the song. I have to disagree with that. When she does turni it up a notch, there is still a sweetness to it in this song. This song is worshipful all the way through. Whether you are interpreting it as a spiritual song or a spouse that you are so in awe of that you see the person as your saviour, the element of humility is there. I love rocker Carrie as well but if someone was going to make a shouting statement, it would be one of them. I also feel this s the perfect spot for this kind of a song, as it does reflect the real Carrie and how she is always aware of who and what she owes her thanks to. Being loosely a faith based song, it is the perfect place for it. Carrie is very vocal about her faith and some may not like her faith based songs, but I have a strong belief that she will always have one on her works. It is who she is and we have to respect it, the album is hers. Being at the end, it is pretty easy to just not listen if you so choose.

BlownAway

I'm surprised a lot of people voted for Who Are You for their least favourite song. I think she sings the chorus with passion and that what makes the song great. But thats just me lol