Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your LEAST favourite song on Blown Away?

What's your least favourite song on BA?

• Good Girl

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Do You Think About Me

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Forever Changed

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Nobody Ever Told You

Votes: 30 21.9%
  • Thank God For Hometowns

Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Good in Goodbye

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Leave Love Alone

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Cupid's Got a Shotgun

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • Who Are You

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • Other (BA/TBC/SYA/OWT/WAW)

Votes: 10 7.3%

• Total voters

Farawayhills

I agree that WAY can be given different interpretations. I think, though, it is likely to have been meant as primarily a spiritual song (though not specifically a Christian one). The writer, Mutt Lang is a follower of Indian spirituality, and the repeated asking, "Who are you?" is consistent with the emphasis on the soul seeking to understand the universal essence of God as a greater force in its life path.

Carrie's closing album songs have always been different from most of the rest of the album. I think it's fair to say that WOTW and PO don't win many fan polls as favourite songs from their albums - but I think they do repay careful listening to feel why they were probably personal to Carrie. Although she didn't write WAY, I think this one was likely to have been chosen because Carrie saw it as a song that delivered a message that was significant to her, and seen as a personal way of closing her "new level" album with something that puts her own feelings on the line.

Jade_kt

GG cause its older than the others and was never really my favorite even when it came out. Its just an okay song for me. Love the rest of the album.

cole

I can see that WAY is going to be the most polarized song on the album, much like Quitter was. :p

allamericangirl8

I honestly think that, after hearing the album, Thank God For Hometowns could have been replaced by Nobody Knows.

This is exactly how I feel. I feel like TGFH takes away my enjoyment of GIG as well, because those songs just should not be next to each other. GIG is nearly forgettable just because of where it's placed, which is a shame because it's a spectacular song.

It's probably my only complaint about the album. Nobody Knows would've fit in perfectly. Actually, Oklahoma Wind could've fit, too, but we all know. . . :crying:

SodaFlop

I really, really try to listen to Forever Changed, but I can't do it. It bores me to death. Thank God for Hometowns is a waste of my time as well. I feel as though there's only so many ways you can be thankful for your hometown and I don't need another song for it. Plus, I hate my hometown. BUT the rest of the album is without a flaw and her best work EVER. SLAY CARRIE SLAY

carriecountrystar

This is exactly how I feel. I feel like TGFH takes away my enjoyment of GIG as well, because those songs just should not be next to each other. GIG is nearly forgettable just because of where it's placed, which is a shame because it's a spectacular song.

It's probably my only complaint about the album. Nobody Knows would've fit in perfectly. Actually, Oklahoma Wind could've fit, too, but we all know. . . :crying:

I've been guilty of skipping over TGFH sometimes but then I'd end up skipping GIG accidently as well. ._. "Good In Goodbye" is one of most mature and best songs from Carrie but unfortunately it tends to get overshadowed and passed over because of its placement on the album.

SodaFlop

I've been guilty of skipping over TGFH sometimes but then I'd end up skipping GIG accidently as well. ._. "Good In Goodbye" is one of most mature and best songs from Carrie but unfortunately it tends to get overshadowed and passed over because of its placement on the album.

Reminds me of Twisted on Carnival Ride. Solid track, but lost in the mix.

AIgrl06

Mine's Nobody Ever Told You. It's not a bad song, but it's the song I skip over the most when listening to the album.

Farawayhills

I can see a pattern in the placement of songs on this album, and for me it generally makes sense.

However, with present day developments in the playing of music, people who dislike an album's track order aren't bound to it to the same extent. People can make their own playlists;the album's order is probably most significant when people first get it, and play it through fresh.

Cowboy_Casanova

Why do so many people dislike Nobody Ever Told You? (Or at least pick it as their least favorite.) I personally love the song and I'm a straight guy. I think it has a really awesome beat and an excellent message, especially with all of the bullying lately. I wouldn't even mind if it became a single, TBH.

allamericangirl8

Well, partly because the melody and lyrics don't do much for me, and partly because when Carrie says I'm beautiful on the inside, I feel like saying, "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO NOT BE A SEXY BEAST."

CarrieCountryCareBear

For me the weakest track is Good in Goodbye. I actually LOVE Thank God For Hometowns, Nobody Ever Told You (free as a biiiiiird), and Who Are You (the ones people seem to be putting down...). I'm surprised that GIG has as much support as it does....to me it doesn't have a strong hook.

CarrieFaninAZ

Agreed with the thoughts on GIG- it very well may be my favorite song ever, the aching but hopeful tone in her voice just gets me every single time. I do wish it was somewhere else on the album, but I do really like TGFH, its different than other hometown songs in my opinion.

WAY was my least favorite at first, mostly because I am not religious myself. But each time I listen, I gain a little bit more appreciation for it. Carrie clearly believes what she is singing and you can't help but be swept up in her passion that comes out. I'm listening now, in fact, and I can't believe I didn't love it at first.

delky

thank god for hometown. it's weak and a filler...i don't like so much good in goodbye. I think she could leave these two tracks out of the record and the album would be perfect:)). Nobody ever told you is such a cute song,why there is so much hate?:)

maddkat

Staff member
^ me too
It's just so fun, and upbeat. and I love watching Carrie sing it.:)

I voted TGFH - to me it's plodding, a bit boring, filler material.For me easily the weakest on a cd of strong songs.

and WAY...why is everyone bent on making it a religious song?I always hear as a big ole die hard love song.
especially with those last few lines
"Who are you
Who fell on me like fire
Who are you,
Who takes me through desire"