Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wish list for future albums

Claire2004

I notice that on the ST Album and Tracks thread people were starting to discuss about things they want from Carrie's album, and I thought why not make a separate thread about this? Let's discuss our wish lists for Carrie's next album - concept, production, songwriters, duets, etc. It doesn't even have to necessarily be on the next one, we can discuss the type of albums or songs we'vet been hoping she'll record someday. Thanks! :)

Claire2004

My album wish list

Officially record Oklahoma Wind. Lol I'm sorry, I'm probably the only one here who hasn't gotten over this song. I still think it's a very well-written country song, and that it's a shame it will never see the light of day.

Get another song like Someday When I Stop Loving You - just beautiful vocals, and a sparse production that highlights Carrie's voice

Songwriting collaboration with:
- Lori McKenna, Liz Rose, Hillary Lindsey - the Love Junkies
- Chris Stapleton
- Jon Randall
- Bill Anderson
- Tom Douglas
- Jack Ingram
-
Finally record songs she cowrote with, or will cowrite with: Brandy Clark, Maren Morris, Caitlyn Smith. I'd add Shane MacAnally, but recently he's a hit or miss for me lol.

Duet with:
- Someone unexpected, like Eric Church or Dierks Bentley
- Chris Stapleton
- Miranda Lambert - yes, I know they've already recorded a duet but I feel that while SB is a fun, rockin' song, they could've chosen a much better song worthy of their status as country music's leading ladies.
-
Never, ever, ever write with, or cut a song written by Kara DioGuardi. Lol

Specific types of albums - a "someday" kind of albums:
- Gospel album
- Christmas album
- EP of songs that she wrote but didn't choose for the official albums - because this might be the only way I can get Oklahoma Wind lol

I'll post more when I recall other things that I've wished for in the past lol.

elba2007

I notice that on the ST Album and Tracks thread people were starting to discuss about things they want from Carrie's album, and I thought why not make a separate thread about this? Let's discuss our wish lists for Carrie's next album - concept, production, songwriters, duets, etc. It doesn't even have to necessarily be on the next one, we can discuss the type of albums or songs we'vet been hoping she'll record someday. Thanks! :)
Since Carrie is married, a beautiful love songs all about love

teesharky

I want a proper Duet on her next album where the duet partner is actually credited and given a real role, not background vocals. I want it to be with a BIG relevant contemporary star, outside of country preferably, so that it crosses over.

ie- Justin Timberlake, John Legend, Ed Sheeran, etc. Someone like that with a great voice, nice personality, and popular.

The Nanook

I've mentioned some of these before, but I'll share again:

An organic, folk/Celtic song. Ed Sheeran has two songs on his new album (Galway Girl and Nancy Mulligan) that are both Irish-themed (though they are admittedly more pop than I'd like from Carrie if she were to actually attempt this sound) that I think sound awesome

On the same topic, I'd like her to continue experimenting with different genres/sounds, but maybe go even further and explore foreign/country-specific sounds (Asian, Spanish, African, etc.). This would almost necessitate a move into a poppier sound.

A prominent harmonica in a country song about either country living/big fields/the simple life or a longing relationship. Something that induces a nostalgic or sort of sad feeling. Maybe similar in mood to Oklahoma Wind, but with a more interesting melody.

Song (co)-written by Maren Morris

Duet (honestly, moreso Carrie as prominent backing vocals) with David Nail (like Let it Rain, Strangers on a Train, etc. or Eric Church's Kill a Word). I feel like she's duetted with most of the major acts within country music that there's not really anyone left that would result in a new or interesting duet that she hasn't already done.

A big ballad with an orchestra/strings. She doesn't have to release it if she doesn't want to be pigeon-holed, but I miss her big voice

Cool harmonies produced by Jay Joyce

An experimentally pop song by busbee, or Max Martin, Shellback, etc. from the pop world (closer to The Fighter than just country-pop like Relapse/Chaser).

Something new we haven't heard from Carrie vocally (e.g. high notes; see the previous point)

More generally, I really hope they put more effort into music videos this time around. They might view it as a place they can save money, but streaming is the medium nowadays and a good music video can really bring a song some attention (look at Somethin Bad). Most here would disagree, but for the most part I feel Carrie hasn't really had a music video that blew me away by either the production value (Cam managed it with Mayday) or the creativity of the story. I thought Blown Away and Something in the Water had so much potential and could have had much more epic music videos if they wanted to go that route.

countrymama22

I would love for her to release a single that only has an acoustic guitar. Kinda like what Sugarland did with Stay. It would be beautiful. Throw some falsettos in there.

lizcarlo

- Collaborate with Lori McKenna, Chris Stapleton, Liz Rose, Jason White, Charlie Peacock, Ashley Monroe, Holly Williams,

- Acoustic only song and release as single

- have single like SWISLY, WAW, FC, LINLYA and not just as gem on album.

- It would be awesome if she could sing in same style that she did for STWOM cover for a song

Jae

I want an actual country album. I don't mind country pop, and country rock -- when it's done well -- and I don't mind a little of that on the album, but I want to see her dig deeper into her own genre. I also want more authentic production. No more drum machines, drum loops, synthesizers, canned instruments, auto-tune effects, and wall-of-sound production. I know she's a storyteller but I'd like to see her move on from so many big, cinematic stories and tell more relatable, personal stories. She moved passed boy bashing songs, now it's time to leave the body count behind (unless the song is so exceptional it can't be passed up). I'd also like an acoustic number released as a single. Basically a whole album of Wine After Whiskey, Someday When I Stop Loving You, & Choctaw County Affair (the singles that should have been).

ethelu

I would love for Carrie to include a song that really shows off her voice, like she does with I Know You Won't.

A song with just piano accompaniment.

An acoustic song, guitar, only.

Another song with harmonica.

No overproduction.

If a duet, make it one where the two voices really compliment each other, not just a he sings a line, she sings a line and they're two famous singers. I want some harmony with their voices.

I loved the sound when Carrie and Vince Gill sang Go Rest High On That Mountain. Her part was small, but the sound was exquisite. I would love for Carrie to include a mountain/bluegrass type of song.

Take a classic Sinatra song or a song from that genre and make it country.

A song that makes you cry.

A Gospel album.

A Christmas album.

lolita55

I would love for Carrie to do an all duet album. She is at the point in her career, where she can do a gospel album, she can do an a duet album, and then get back to doing what she does best. Which is a country/country pop/ country rock album.

gocountrymusic

I'm sure I'll think of more as the downtime passes but as far as writers I'd love to see:
Another Thompkins/Kear co-write. They always seem to come up with something great for Carrie.
Steve McEwan (the writer behind some of Carrie's best ballads and Pawn Shop Diamond which I wish we got to hear)
Lori McKenna Carrie was close to recording one song during an earlier era and this era we got LINLYA. I think she is extremely talented and I hope either Carrie writes with her or finds another by her to record.
I would would love for Carrie to have a solo write finally. I think she has the ability to do it. It doesn't have to be a single or anything I just want her to do it. I think its another way for her to continue to grow as an artist.
Bill Anderson
Jon Randall
Miranda- I feel neither fanbase was too pleased with Something Bad except for the music video. I would love to see the two of them work together again whether its singing together or writing together.
Troy Verges (Wasted and Crazy Dreams)

I'm sure there's a ton more of people I'm forgetting. Also I'm sure she will do another country rock song but I hope its more like GG where there's a twist in the production. I don't know RR definitely had this cool western sound going for it but it didn't work as well for me. It seemed more standard Carrie. Someone else suggested a good sing along song and I completely cosign that idea. Carrie would've sounded great on 80's Mercedes. Even though the Oklahoma ship has sailed, I would love a ballad with that sparse production on it. Very simple. The vocal on it is a great combination of power and restraint.

kelanob

I want her to write one or more songs on her own (and actually release them).
I want a proper Christmas album at some point.
I want her to write more songs with Jon Randall.
I would LOVE if she released Distant Lullaby, though the version released by Hodges will do for now.
I want her to write with Maren Morris; I still haven't been able to gauge whether or not they like each other.
I want a collection to be released of songs that were recorded but never released... I'm open to a free download for fan club members, a box set only sold on the official store, ANYTHING.
I want a duet album with Brad Paisley.
I want the music videos of her era to tell a continuous story (something that should have happened with Storyteller).
Country duet partners I'd be alright with: Lauren Alaina, Darius Rucker, Dan + Shay, Thomas Rhett
Non-country duet partners I'd be alright with: John Legend, Nick Jonas, The 1975, The Maine, Fall Out Boy, Panic! at the Disco

Kizmet311

- Collaborate with Lori McKenna, Chris Stapleton, Liz Rose, Jason White, Charlie Peacock, Ashley Monroe, Holly Williams,

- Acoustic only song and release as single

- have single like SWISLY, WAW, FC, LINLYA and not just as gem on album.

- It would be awesome if she could sing in same style that she did for STWOM cover for a song

What is STWOM? I am completely blanking on that!

Kizmet311

I want her to write one or more songs on her own (and actually release them).
I want a proper Christmas album at some point.
I want her to write more songs with Jon Randall.
I would LOVE if she released Distant Lullaby, though the version released by Hodges will do for now.
I want her to write with Maren Morris; I still haven't been able to gauge whether or not they like each other.
I want a collection to be released of songs that were recorded but never released... I'm open to a free download for fan club members, a box set only sold on the official store, ANYTHING.
I want a duet album with Brad Paisley.
I want the music videos of her era to tell a continuous story (something that should have happened with Storyteller).
Country duet partners I'd be alright with: Lauren Alaina, Darius Rucker, Dan + Shay, Thomas Rhett
Non-country duet partners I'd be alright with: John Legend, Nick Jonas, The 1975, The Maine, Fall Out Boy, Panic! at the Disco

She did write with Maren for the Storyteller album. There was actually a clip of an interview with Maren regarding the writing session. I feel like Maren is kind of out there doing her own thing and I don't feel like she is that connected to anyone in the country industry, other than maybe getting to know those people she has opened for in concert.

rcramer

For me, a Christmas album would be great, but I would like it all to be more spiritual songs and hymns.

Nothing like the old traditional songs, they are so played to death and done by every artist imaginable...

Anything that showcases those powerful vocals, ballads that speak to the heart, but leaves you breathless........

I would like to see more traditional songs, with great substance and that Carrie sass to them....... And more of the CCA sound........

Claire2004

This may not be a popular wish lol, but I hope on her next albums, Carrie will branch out with her songwriting process and work with other writers out there. I noticed the last 2 - BA and ST - were Hillary Lindsey-dominated. While I get it that Carrie seems to be so comfortable around Hillary as they're also friends, and Hillary is soooo talented as a songwriter (and singer as well), I hope she'll collaborate with people she hasn't worked with before.

ChoctawCountyAffair

I'm not the kind of person that only listens to one genre so i hope she does whatever genre she wants to do.
I hope she writes more, she has shown really great potencial.
A solo written song. A personal song.
I've always wanted a sad heartbreaking ballad, she has a few, SWISLY being her best,and i really like when artists show their vulnerable side.
I don't want more boy bashing songs or songs similiar to CC, GG & RR.

rcramer

STWOM brings back fond memories, not only did Katharine McPhee introduce Carrie, she also sang it on AI and it was also spectacular.......

That showcased Carries voice beautifully with no real power notes I might add.....

maddkat

Staff member
originally posted by rcramer
For me, a Christmas album would be great, but I would like it all to be more spiritual songs and hymns
Nothing like the old traditional songs, they are so played to death and done by every artist imaginable...

Anything that showcases those powerful vocals, ballads that speak to the heart, but leaves you breathless........

I would like to see more traditional songs, with great substance and that Carrie sass to them....... And more of the CCA sound.......

there are tons of great traditional Christmas songs.People just keep choosing the same tired ones.Carrie needs to branch out from those.A nice mix would be good.

This may not be a popular wish lol, but I hope on her next albums, Carrie will branch out with her songwriting process and work with other writers out there. I noticed the last 2 - BA and ST - were Hillary Lindsey-dominated. While I get it that Carrie seems to be so comfortable around Hillary as they're also friends, and Hillary is soooo talented as a songwriter (and singer as well), I hope she'll collaborate with people she hasn't worked with before.
I'm guessing you mean you hope that the songs she writes with others will make the cd. Carrie wrote with a lot of new people during the ST era. Most just didn't make the cut. Or maybe you don't, if not carry on.:)

real unpopular opinion: Carrie is a good song writer, not a great one.There I said it.

I really have no wishes for the next cd, other then new producers.Just happy for new music when it comes.and that sounds lame, sorry