Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 SNF Opener [Official Discussion Thread]

Patkid26

Does anyone have it somewhere? I heard the full thing on Vimeo this morning and now I’m going through withdrawal lol

maryleepj

So according to an old article when this project was first announced, in the past they have just used a variation of the SNF theme song for the Super Bowl. Does anyone know if that variation had included a video? Which of course begs the question : Do you think there will be a video of The Champion or do you think it will just be audio or the lyric video?

simonplay

Can't wait to hit the gym tomorrow and kill it with The Champion in the background! #BigGainsComing lol

kdprouty

Thank you so much!! I tried finding it on Vimeo and it's was gone. I love it even though it's different than what Carrie usually sings. Can't get it out of my head!!

Look I don't like rap either, but that doesn't mean Carrie can't and actually there are songs I can find that I like in rap. I'm sure just because Carrie might like a genre of music, doesn't mean she has to throw Christian values out the window. It's just music. Plus, I said it earlier, I understand why they would put a rapper in there to appeal to a larger audience. A lot of the players are probably rap fans, as well as country fans, for a little promo/gimmick type song there is no reason to get worked up over it. It's to appeal the a broad spectrum of people. I doubt Carrie will be collaborating with Ludacris and Lil' Wayne and Cardi B on her new album. It's one song.

Sorry that I got so worked up over that.I always tend to overdramatize things & this was one of those things.As I was walking out of church this afternoon,I came to a realization about all this drama that I caused:In the grand scheme of things,it really is quite trivial.Life is too short to make such a big deal out of things &I’m going to let this issue drop completely.From now on,I will listen to the song with an open ear & consider that its only one song probably not going on Carrie’s new album & just listen to the song for what it is.I’m going to table this issue & let it go.As I’ve told my parents before,there are bigger fish to fry in life & this just isn’t one of them!!I appreciate your sage advice,Adam!!

sco

So according to an old article when this project was first announced, in the past they have just used a variation of the SNF theme song for the Super Bowl. Does anyone know if that variation had included a video? Which of course begs the question : Do you think there will be a video of The Champion or do you think it will just be audio or the lyric video?

I’m working from memory but I believe the earlier article indicated that Carrie stayed an extra day to record the Super Bowl video. I’ll try to find the original article.

Here’s the article: http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/carrie-underwood-sunday-night-football-super-bowl-1202552384/

Last edited:

maddkat

Staff member
Do Not Post the song on this board
obviously Carrie and her team do not want it out yet or they would not have taken down the video

The song lenght is 3:39 so Im sure they are releasing it on itunes. It is a full song.
If it were just a single for the SB opening it would be like 1:15 or something like the SNF theme.

They should release it the week of the SB together with a video in Youtube and audio in spotify. And pop radio too. Maybe Carrie could get another Hot 100 top 10.

It may be a full song,but that doesn’t mean they have to release it to ITunes just because it is.Look,it would great for Carrie to get a number on the Hot 100,but I really don’t think it’s necessary in this case for her to get another number 1 on that chart.Its not like she’s hurting for number 1’s!!Its not a big deal to me if it doesn’t chart on that on that particular chart because her success isn’t dependent on getting a number one on that chart with The Champion.Pop radio would never accept Carrie because a lot of mainstream pop radio listeners would never buy her music or listen to it.The exposure would be great,but I don’t feel shipping it to pop radio is really that necessary knowing that a lot of pop listeners would never accept The Champion as a song because Carrie is primarily a country artist.She may be versatile,but that doesn’t mean pop radio will accept that song so readily.

I am loving The Champion and personally, I love that she included Ludacris. Carrie is just three years younger than me and Ludacris was very popular in my college days and probably Carrie's too in the early 2000s. I am sure she is very familiar with his music and if he is the artist behind "All I Do Is Win" that they played at the Predator's games, then she probably does like some of his music. She may not listen to rap on a daily basis, but for workouts or getting hyped up for sporting events it is a style of music that works well. And that is what The Champion is - it is a song to get hyped for a sporting event. Plus, it's for the Super Bowl and including Ludacris will help a wider audience love the song. It is a Carrie song, yes, but it's a project song much like those she has done for movie soundtracks. It has a purpose and has lyrics and a sound to fit that purpose.

I do hope NBC chooses to use it for promoting the Olympics, as well as the Super Bowl. And really hope they put it on Amazon to buy!

I love that she took such a risk with the sound,knowing that it’s completely different than anything else that she’s done in the past&it paid off!!The beat is unexpected & very catchy!!Unfortunately,it’s become an ear worm & now I can’t get it out of my head,but maybe that’s a good thing in this case!!Ludacris is just not an artist that I’m too fond of to begin with when I first heard his music back in high school which was also in the early 2000s for me as well,so Kizmet,we have a little something in common!!Mainstream rap holds no appeal for me whatsoever normally because it’s just not music that I grew up listening to being in the church world for so long.He came off as misogynistic,vulgar & his lyrics to this day,I still consider vulgar & repulsive.I’m making a special exception for The Champion because Carrie sounds so amazing on the song & she can make anything work even if it’s not in her genre!!I get it now that’s its only a project song meant to appeal to a wider audience because we all know that not everyone is a country music fan.I do also hope they use it for the Olympics as well because the song would fit in perfectly with that event!!

adam1995

I don't really think it'll be this big hit that some people are hoping it will be. It will do it's thing for the football games, and maybe chart on the Hot 100, but I doubt it reaches the top 10 or even top 20. When was the last time a song like this (Sports promo/Olympic type) was a big hit on the charts?

TC is interesting, nice beat to it.Uplifting.Could live without the Ludacris part though.

I can't see it being a lead single or even on cd 6, unless as a bonus track or unless Carrie goes full on pop.Please lord no.

Yeah,I honestly don’t think it’s going to be the lead single for CD 6 either.I could possibly see it as a bonus track for the album as a way to boost album sales&I really hope that Carrie doesn’t go full on pop either because I just think it’s a genre that Carrie doesn’t need to be in in order to have more mainstream success when she’s already had so much success in the country genre.I just don’t want people saying Carrie only used the country genre just to get more success in the pop world because then she would be just like Taylor & I know nobody in the fandom wants that to happen!!The Champion is just a one off for the Super Bowl & not her album,unless it was a bonus track & not the sound of her next album.This song fits perfectly with the Super Bowl & the Olympics & that’s how it should be used.There is just no way that Carrie would ever be fully accepted in the pop world knowing that her background is in country music primarily & mainstream pop audiences would never fully accept her knowing she could sing circles around most of them!!

lilangel

Nooo late to the party.. again.. Someone willing to pm me? Or shouldn't I be asking? I just want to hear it so badly..