Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 SNF Opener [Official Discussion Thread]

teesharky

Agree! The Super Bowl and Olympics need a mainstream all genre song for universal appeal. It’s not the right place for a purely country song for this setting.

Ludacrus us was an unexpected treat. I am thrilled beyond belief with this song!! So freakin catchy! It’s a JAM!!

I think it's going to SLAY. I'm over the negative nelly's lol and i totally dig Ludacris. Love the style. I love everything about it. She could reach a new and different demo with this song.

Let me explain...I get there are going to be songs people on here don't like. I'll probably never love "who are you," but I pretty much love everything else. Point is, people like different things. What I was alluding to was Carrie doing something different and people automatically jumping on it. The Champion is for a special event, but even if it wasn't it's okay at this point in her (established) career to step outside of the norm and reach a different audience, especially when Carrie's abilities make her one of the most diverse artists out there. She can be successful with almost any genre. She'll never leave country, but it's okay to do new things.

Hil

You did like it, I see your name 

I turned if off. I'm just not a big fan of what I feel is baiting for an argument lol. It's one thing to disagree, but another to sort of go after people. Thank you, though. : )

Except for a few parts that I felt Carrie over sings, I loved the beginning and Carrie on the chorus alot and love the lyrics and Ludacris was great. Overall I liked the song alot. Love the message of the song alot. Very positive/uplifting.

Oversings?Seriously?I thought her voice sounded AMAZING on the song& she didn’t oversing at all!!What a KILLER song & as usual,Carrie’s vocals were out of this world!!The song packs a lot of punch into it& it fits Carrie’s voice perfectly!!I have to admit,I didn’t really care for Ludacris part on it at first,but it’s slowly starting to grow on me & he fits in with Carrie’s voice like a glove!!I know he’s just being used for this song,so I put my own objections aside & just listened with an objective mind & it actually started to grow on me a little bit!!Such a positive & uplifting message that we could all use these days,including myself!!

Russ Wood

Wow!!! What a great and powerful and epically written sports anthem... It is so catchy that if your fishing the fish would jump in the boat...This is perfectly written for the times we live in.. A Country iconic star teaming with a rap iconic star to put out an incredibly positive message when the Country needs it the most.. Not to mention the fact that OUR GIRL is living the lyrics of her song at this very moment... I’m so proud that they asked for a song and she gave them an iconic sports anthem that will be played for decades! I can’t stop listening to it.. WOW

Russ Wood

I don't think as many people will like it as you think they will,Hil.We like it because its Carrie and she basically slays anything that she touches,but the people that normally listen to rap and hip hop on a daily basis will just not be so receptive to a rapper performing with a country artist that's not normally known for doing collaborations with rappers outside of their own genre.People that listen to that music on a day in day out basis, will just not be receptive to Carrie's style of music because they probably don't listen to country music that often.It may reach a new audience, but I really personally feel it won't impact them that much, if at all. I really don't think that rap fans will just flock to country music if they don't already listen to it and if they don't listen to it, it won't want to make them listen to it at all.Unless there's a concerted effort to reach listeners that listen to rap music to get them to listen to country music,I just think that there won't be much of a an increase in her fanbase.I also think I really don't see Carrie and Ludacris ever performing this song live together unless Carrie feels completely comfortable being in front of the camera for the first time since her injury, knowing that she still probably feels pretty self conscious with her face being the way it is.If she's still feeling pretty self conscious, she shouldn't be forced to be in front of the camera if she doesn't want to be.Its just not right to force someone to be in front of a camera if they're not ready to do so just yet.Doing a live performance means that Carrie and Ludacris would have to work out logistics, coordinate their schedules, flights and rehearsal time.The Super Bowl is in just 4 1/2 weeks from today because I counted it on my wall calendar and that's just not enough time to even entertain the idea of them performing the song live at the pregame or the Super Bowl itself.It takes time to put these things together and this just isn't enough time to put a performance of this magnitude together knowing all of the time and effort it takes to put these things together.I just personally don't see how that would even begin to work.We all know that Carrie has a tireless and unparalleled work ethic, but I think planning an event like this would take a lot out of her when she's just beginning to get back to full strength.That's too much to ask of a person that's getting back into the swing of things and not fair when she's probably not ready to show her face in public just yet.I know that you all want that to happen, but I just don't think its going to happen given the events that's happened in Carrie's life over the past 2 months.It'd probably be amazing, but I honestly think it won't happen unless Carrie has a huge change of heart about her appearance.Sorry if that's an unpopular opinion with you Hil,but its my own personal opinion and I stand by it, no matter how unpopular that might make me on here.
I’m sure you mean well but..... If you are a Carrie fan don’t worry if anyone else will like it or not... Just support Carrie and the song and let the cards fall where they may... Also if your going to be negative at least try and be a little more conciese..

teesharky

Isn’t that Shania Twain song being used for the Olympics?

yes--- but it wasn't very good. Perhaps they will use both? Who knows. We are just speculating anyway.

But for Ludacris to join in on the song, it really sounds like we are getting some kind of public performance!

It just feels too big and too good for just a ore-taped Preshow that not that many people will see. It needs to air in Prime time.

Hil

yes--- but it wasn't very good. Perhaps they will use both? Who knows. We are just speculating anyway.

But for Ludacris to join in on the song, it really sounds like we are getting some kind of public performance!

It just feels too big and too good for just a ore-taped Preshow that not that many people will see. It needs to air in Prime time.

I think it feels performance worthy too. We'll see. :)

txacar

If anybody has not heard the song, Carrie Crazy Dreams has posted the Chinese link on both Facebook and Twitter.

lizcarlo

Like the song. Ludacris is so good. Her singing slays. Carrie slaying genres. Its such perfect song for SNF.

kelanob

I love everything about this. Ludacris is one of my favorite rappers so it was a nice surprise he was on there. It's been nice hearing her on some pop-ier songs lately, as her voice is really suited for it (and any genre honestly).

maddkat

Staff member
that whole thing after the rap is
mv2gdu.jpg
mv2gdu.jpg
mv2gdu.jpg
mv2gdu.jpg