Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 SNF Opener [Official Discussion Thread]

DaisyTweets

Ok Smoky if you were here right now I'd give you a gizillon high fives for your post!!! Enough of the negativity!!! Is it January 12th yet????????????????????????????

MSCarriefan

^Agree
I am confused as of why some think this needs to be performed live. In the interview with the producer of SNF and Carrie it mentions having an extra day to film for this. If the song gets huge she might perform it one day.
The way I see release of the song. It gives people a Carrie song and hypes the Superbowl. She doesn't have to worry about promoting it in front of a camera so she has music and time to heal.

I mean she mentioned she was heading into the studio so we should be excited and praying she feels better and confident!!

DaisyTweets

We already know that she felt confident to be kind enough to pose with that chef. She could've politely declined and I'm sure that AG would've understood. And you know that Carrie knew that the picture would be posted on social media. Who wouldn't post a picture with the amazing Carrie Underwood????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough with the negative nellies!!!!

Hil

^Agree
I am confused as of why some think this needs to be performed live. In the interview with the producer of SNF and Carrie it mentions having an extra day to film for this. If the song gets huge she might perform it one day.
The way I see release of the song. It gives people a Carrie song and hypes the Superbowl. She doesn't have to worry about promoting it in front of a camera so she has music and time to heal.

I mean she mentioned she was heading into the studio so we should be excited and praying she feels better and confident!!

I'm not upset if it doesn't get performed live, but since it's being released early, it seems there could be a CHANCE it will. It just depends on what they filmed. They didn't mention Ludacris, but that could be because his part hasn't been played yet for the general audience. Did they film an opening to replace the Sunday night football or is it a full song?! It's hard to say. being performed live isn't out of reach, but I'm not expecting it either.

With this song, a new album and new PR team this is shaping up to be one of the best Carrie years yet as a fan, I can feel it. :)

pgk

The Champion may have been created for a specific event, it nevertheless could be an anthem applicable to many populations and individuals fighting and coping with the challenges of life. I think it’s theme is universal and should be heard by everyone..

personally I ❤️❤️❤️❤️ It. �������� Bravo Carrie!!!!!

Suellen

I can't understand the negativity either. Good Lord, we've been waiting a coons age for new music from Carrie. We are fixing to GET IT and yet we've rambled on for ten pages about how she might not do it live, she might not be in the studio, she might not be surgically READY for the stage. For goodness sakes can we just STOP with the pessimism for a bit? We have Carrie in the studio, we have an anthem being released and we have a new album coming out! Stomp your feet. Say hoorah! Shut up with the negativity.
Love your post

Hil

Of Course No one don't understand me nor what I say like my own family don't understand me. I should just stop and I was talking about beyond this year and next..

No, no. I was joking. Like I can't imagine Carrie not singing anymore. Sorry, just joking around. She's coming.... : )

adam1995

Of Course No one don't understand me nor what I say like my own family don't understand me. I should just stop and I was talking about beyond this year and next..

I think we were just confused, because if it's not stopping her now, there's no reason it would stop her later. She'll only continue to improve, so it should be no problem to keep singing.

Farawayhills

We don't know how long she will continue singing with the fall and all. I hope it don't change anything.

Don't worry - I understand your concern, but I don't think it's likely to alter her career plans in the larger scope of things. Carrie needs a little time, before feeling ready for major personal appearances - and I think that's very understandable. She's mentioned needing many stitches to her face, which is a major feature of our self-perception, for all of us (let alone someone forever in the public eye as part of her professional image). On top of that, there's the pain in the recovery (which can persist), and there's the whole question of regaining your confidence. Those things are real, and need support and consideration. But Carrie has faith, a loving family and a large loyal audience. She's shown great enthusiasm and love for her music, her writing, and her performance - and I don't see any of that changing. Her own post suggests that she only needs a recovery space, and intends to back. I'm sure she's preparing us to expect some superficial remaining effects (which may actually prove to be less than she fears at this stage) - but certainly not preparing us for any long term withdrawal from her career. The album preparations, her writing and some studio work all seem to be on course.

teesharky

^I highly doubt Carrie would give up her entire career and everything she worked for over a broken wrist and scars on her face. Come on people. That is just crazy talk. She is only 34 years old! She is not exactly retirement age, and why would she stop over an injury that she is pretty much recovered from already? That's ridiculous.

Farawayhills

I think we have to try and strike a balance in our comments. Yes, I agree it's unlikely, on what we know, that she'll want to make major changes in either her present or long term music plans - but at the same time, I don't think we should minimize what she may be going through. Facial injuries, in particular, on whatever scale, can be something that, both physically and psychologically, need time, courage and resilience to deal with, even if the outcome is very positive, as I have every hope it will be.

Liatush

I've heard the leak,anyway,i loved it! it's on repeat!
and a friend of mine loved it too! those vocalsssssssss!