Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 SNF Opener [Official Discussion Thread]

simonplay

Day 2 and still obssesed like the first time I hear it! I need more songs like this one!! #thesound #thevocals #Cantgetenoughofit

CarrieAddicted

Hey, guys!! Long time no post here! It’s been crazy the past few months, but all is good.

So, what happened?
I saw the song preview during the SNL game and loved it.

Did it leak in full??? Where? How?
I’m not asking for a link whatsoever, I can wait for an official release. I just wanna know what happened.

yes--- but it wasn't very good. Perhaps they will use both? Who knows. We are just speculating anyway.

But for Ludacris to join in on the song, it really sounds like we are getting some kind of public performance!

It just feels too big and too good for just a ore-taped Preshow that not that many people will see. It needs to air in Prime time.

It’s basically 4 1/2 weeks until the Super Bowl according to my wall calendar & that’s just not enough time for Carrie to get something together to perform at the Super Bowl.It just isn’t.Why should Carrie be forced to be in front of the camera if she isn’t ready to do so?Unless Carrie feels completely ready to get in front of the camera for a public performance,I honestly don’t see that happening that soon.I want it to happen too,but I just don’t feel it’s going to happen with this short of a time span to get things together.You’re talking about logistics,coordinating schedules,rehearsal time & flights to Minneapolis to do the performance there.The time window is too short for me in my opinion,for this to even happen.Just because we want it to happen,doesn’t mean a public performance is going to happen.I also think it’s not going to happen in prime time unless they find a place to squeeze it in & make a big deal out of it by really hyping it up.There’s no guarantee that people would watch the performance even in prime time,even if they made a huge deal out of it by saying it was a special performance.That’s the only way you’re going to get people’s eyes to be glued to the TV for the time period required for the performance itself.

maddkat

Staff member
do not post the song here. Carrie & her people have made it clear it is not suppose to be out yet

adam1995

It’s basically 4 1/2 weeks until the Super Bowl according to my wall calendar & that’s just not enough time for Carrie to get something together to perform at the Super Bowl.It just isn’t.Why should Carrie be forced to be in front of the camera if she isn’t ready to do so?Unless Carrie feels completely ready to get in front of the camera for a public performance,I honestly don’t see that happening that soon.I want it to happen too,but I just don’t feel it’s going to happen with this short of a time span to get things together.You’re talking about logistics,coordinating schedules,rehearsal time & flights to Minneapolis to do the performance there.The time window is too short for me in my opinion,for this to even happen.Just because we want it to happen,doesn’t mean a public performance is going to happen.I also think it’s not going to happen in prime time unless they find a place to squeeze it in & make a big deal out of it by really hyping it up.There’s no guarantee that people would watch the performance even in prime time,even if they made a huge deal out of it by saying it was a special performance.That’s the only way you’re going to get people’s eyes to be glued to the TV for the time period required for the performance itself.

Yes, it is less than 4 weeks until the Super Bowl, but that is plenty of time to get something together. There already may be something together, that's been in the works. However, I don't see where anything is pointing to a public performance, if anything it seems it would be a pre-taped (pre-injury) video. Again, if anything. People can change plans all the time and it really shouldn't be that big of a deal, especially this far out. But, if anyone is thinking she's going to come out and perform this song live, do not hold your breathe.

Yes, it is less than 4 weeks until the Super Bowl, but that is plenty of time to get something together. There already may be something together, that's been in the works. However, I don't see where anything is pointing to a public performance, if anything it seems it would be a pre-taped (pre-injury) video. Again, if anything. People can change plans all the time and it really shouldn't be that big of a deal, especially this far out. But, if anyone is thinking she's going to come out and perform this song live, do not hold your breathe.

Once again,I just guess I read into things too much.I’m not holding my breath for a live performance of this song either,unless Carrie changes her mind about performing live since her injuries,but even I think that’s a long shot.This is just my opinion,but I personally feel that with her face being what it is & being so self conscious that just isn’t ready for a live performance of this song or any song just yet.I think she wants to perform when she feels mentally,emotionally & physically ready on her own terms,not someone else’s terms that might force her back into the spotlight before she’s even ready.Like I said,I’m not holding my breath either.She’ll tell us when she’s ready to come out & show herself.

NEILHUNK

hey guys, enough with the negative/disappointed talks. can we just enjoy the music? Let's focus on what maters. She continues to make music 12 or 13 years after Idol. If that doesnt prove her longevity as an artist, I don't know what will.
That's it for me.

txacar

We don't know how long she will continue singing with the fall and all. I hope it don't change anything.

Don't worry. She said it will be an exciting 2018. A broken wrist and cut face will NOT stop Carrie from singing. She was born to sing!!! She's in the studio working on her album. As NEILHUNK said, there is nothing to be negative about. She's still writing and recording and I can't wait to hear #6.

Smokyiiis

I can't understand the negativity either. Good Lord, we've been waiting a coons age for new music from Carrie. We are fixing to GET IT and yet we've rambled on for ten pages about how she might not do it live, she might not be in the studio, she might not be surgically READY for the stage. For goodness sakes can we just STOP with the pessimism for a bit? We have Carrie in the studio, we have an anthem being released and we have a new album coming out! Stomp your feet. Say hoorah! Shut up with the negativity.