Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 SNF Opener [Official Discussion Thread]

I don't really think it'll be this big hit that some people are hoping it will be. It will do it's thing for the football games, and maybe chart on the Hot 100, but I doubt it reaches the top 10 or even top 20. When was the last time a song like this (Sports promo/Olympic type) was a big hit on the charts?

I really don’t think it’s going to be that big of a hit either.People are making it out to be,but I just hate bursting people’s bubbles like that.Like you also just said,it will do its thing for the football games & maybe chart on the Hot 100,maybe even the top 20,but even that one is a long shot by any stretch of the imagination.The only other song that I could think of that even remotely charted was “Reach” by Gloria Estefan for the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta,but even that one only charted at number 42.There has been nothing else that has even come close to charting like that one did.Carrie doesn’t need to chart on the Hot 100 or the Pop charts because that isn’t the main determinant for her success,the 26 #1s she has on the Country AirPlay charts matter more in the long run for her because that is where most of her success has come from & she has a proven track record on that chart.Why fix what isn’t broken?It just doesn’t make sense to push it to different formats if that’s not where her success has been in the past.If the song only gets to say 80 or 90 on the Hot 100,the rest of the people on here,don’t come crying to either one of us because we told you all the song wouldn’t chart well.Carrie has more than enough success that she doesn’t need to use the Hot 100 or pop radio to prove anything because she’s already done that on the country charts & to great success on those charts.People should just be glad for the success that she’s had & just leave it at that& try not to change her formula for success.

Hil

I think it's going to SLAY. I'm over the negative nelly's lol and i totally dig Ludacris. Love the style. I love everything about it. She could reach a new and different demo with this song.

Let me explain...I get there are going to be songs people on here don't like. I'll probably never love "who are you," but I pretty much love everything else. Point is, people like different things. What I was alluding to was Carrie doing something different and people automatically jumping on it. The Champion is for a special event, but even if it wasn't it's okay at this point in her (established) career to step outside of the norm and reach a different audience, especially when Carrie's abilities make her one of the most diverse artists out there. She can be successful with almost any genre. She'll never leave country, but it's okay to do new things.

Last edited:

sco

I don't really think it'll be this big hit that some people are hoping it will be. It will do it's thing for the football games, and maybe chart on the Hot 100, but I doubt it reaches the top 10 or even top 20. When was the last time a song like this (Sports promo/Olympic type) was a big hit on the charts?

I think you are probably correct. I’m not even sure it would be released as a single at all. It was written for a specific purpose and it will serve that purpose well.

adam1995

I wasn't being negative, just my opinion. It'll get around and people will hear it. I like it for what it is, but I feel it will just stay what it is a promo. Don't mind if I'm wrong though, lol.

Hil

I wasn't being negative, just my opinion. It'll get around and people will hear it. I like it for what it is, but I feel it will just stay what it is a promo. Don't mind if I'm wrong though, lol.

Not talking about you, and i have no idea if it will actually be released meaning to chart (ifher team or label will push it), but I think it will be released on itunes. I just mean I think it's going to be popular for what it is. I think lots of people will like it and will open her up to new fans. It will be played for one of TV's biggest audiences. Hopefully she and ludacris will get to perform it live. It could be popular like Fight song on the radio under the right circumstances

adam1995

Not talking about you, and i have no idea if it will actually be released meaning to chart (ifher team or label will push it), but I think it will be released on itunes. I just mean I think it's going to be popular for what it is. I think lots of people will like it and will open her up to new fans. It will be played for one of TV's biggest audiences. Hopefully she and ludacris will get to perform it live. It could be popular like Fight song on the radio under the right circumstances

Gotcha! I really do hope NBC chooses to use it for the Olympics. It seems they have a song for each games and they probably would have announced it by now, so maybe they will just transition it into the Olympic coverage.

simonplay

Katy Perry's song "Rise" peaked at #11 in the Hot 100 in 2016.

Phillips Phillips song "Home" peaked at #9 in the Hot 100 in 2012.

txacar

I really don’t think it’s going to be that big of a hit either.People are making it out to be,but I just hate bursting people’s bubbles like that.Like you also just said,it will do its thing for the football games & maybe chart on the Hot 100,maybe even the top 20,but even that one is a long shot by any stretch of the imagination.The only other song that I could think of that even remotely charted was “Reach” by Gloria Estefan for the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta,but even that one only charted at number 42.There has been nothing else that has even come close to charting like that one did.Carrie doesn’t need to chart on the Hot 100 or the Pop charts because that isn’t the main determinant for her success,the 26 #1s she has on the Country AirPlay charts matter more in the long run for her because that is where most of her success has come from & she has a proven track record on that chart.Why fix what isn’t broken?It just doesn’t make sense to push it to different formats if that’s not where her success has been in the past.If the song only gets to say 80 or 90 on the Hot 100,the rest of the people on here,don’t come crying to either one of us because we told you all the song wouldn’t chart well.Carrie has more than enough success that she doesn’t need to use the Hot 100 or pop radio to prove anything because she’s already done that on the country charts & to great success on those charts.People should just be glad for the success that she’s had & just leave it at that& try not to change her formula for success.

Whitney Houston's "One Moment in Time" (1988 olympics) reached #5 on BB Hot 100. Was written for the Olympics by Albert Hammond. TC might not chart but I believe it will endure. I think both high school and college athletes (especially guys) will love it primarily because it is rap, which they play for warmups and practices. Girls will love it because it is upbeat and inspiring. Just hope NBC decides to carry it forward from SB to olympics.

Jade_kt

just type in "carrie underwood feat ludacris the champion" in the google search engine and it shows up on a foreign website.

Jade_kt

Except for a few parts that I felt Carrie over sings, I loved the beginning and Carrie on the chorus alot and love the lyrics and Ludacris was great. Overall I liked the song alot. Love the message of the song alot. Very positive/uplifting.

Last edited:

69 meets 40

My apologies if this has already been answered or if this is in the wrong place, but is there an exact February release date for The Champion? A Carrie fanpage on Instagram shared the whole song this morning then took it down a little later, but I heard the whole song and it is AMAZING, and I want to buy it as soon as possible!! Also, does anyone know if it will be released to iTunes? Thanks!

adam1995

Katy Perry's song "Rise" peaked at #11 in the Hot 100 in 2016.

Phillips Phillips song "Home" peaked at #9 in the Hot 100 in 2012.

Katy's song, didn't have much longevity, but it got much higher than I thought. Didn't "Home" start as a regular single though, it just kind of got adopted. Hopefully, I am wrong though and it goes platinum and top ten and all.

teesharky

Omg it’s freakin awesome! Best spirts song ever! Perfect for the Olympics too!

What sn unexpected treat to have Carrie perform with Ludacrus! He did a great job on his part!

Thid is perfect asi it’s not country but rather a universal mainstream song that can be appreciated works wide and enjoyed all over the world!

Its gonna smash!!! It better be on iTunes! Omg

I don't think as many people will like it as you think they will,Hil.We like it because its Carrie and she basically slays anything that she touches,but the people that normally listen to rap and hip hop on a daily basis will just not be so receptive to a rapper performing with a country artist that's not normally known for doing collaborations with rappers outside of their own genre.People that listen to that music on a day in day out basis, will just not be receptive to Carrie's style of music because they probably don't listen to country music that often.It may reach a new audience, but I really personally feel it won't impact them that much, if at all. I really don't think that rap fans will just flock to country music if they don't already listen to it and if they don't listen to it, it won't want to make them listen to it at all.Unless there's a concerted effort to reach listeners that listen to rap music to get them to listen to country music,I just think that there won't be much of a an increase in her fanbase.I also think I really don't see Carrie and Ludacris ever performing this song live together unless Carrie feels completely comfortable being in front of the camera for the first time since her injury, knowing that she still probably feels pretty self conscious with her face being the way it is.If she's still feeling pretty self conscious, she shouldn't be forced to be in front of the camera if she doesn't want to be.Its just not right to force someone to be in front of a camera if they're not ready to do so just yet.Doing a live performance means that Carrie and Ludacris would have to work out logistics, coordinate their schedules, flights and rehearsal time.The Super Bowl is in just 4 1/2 weeks from today because I counted it on my wall calendar and that's just not enough time to even entertain the idea of them performing the song live at the pregame or the Super Bowl itself.It takes time to put these things together and this just isn't enough time to put a performance of this magnitude together knowing all of the time and effort it takes to put these things together.I just personally don't see how that would even begin to work.We all know that Carrie has a tireless and unparalleled work ethic, but I think planning an event like this would take a lot out of her when she's just beginning to get back to full strength.That's too much to ask of a person that's getting back into the swing of things and not fair when she's probably not ready to show her face in public just yet.I know that you all want that to happen, but I just don't think its going to happen given the events that's happened in Carrie's life over the past 2 months.It'd probably be amazing, but I honestly think it won't happen unless Carrie has a huge change of heart about her appearance.Sorry if that's an unpopular opinion with you Hil,but its my own personal opinion and I stand by it, no matter how unpopular that might make me on here.