Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 SNF Opener [Official Discussion Thread]

Kizmet311

If I am not mistaking this is the shoot for NFL. This is not a "new look". Its just the look they are using for the opening. And of course that is going to mean that it is high glam!!

I think was bothers me a little is the flesh tone makes it look a lot more revealing than it really is.

As a woman who is doing to opening for Monday Night Football, of course she is going to bring sex appeal. Its just part of the gig. And she knows that and is comfortable with it. If you are not comfortable being sexy for this kind of a gig, you should not do the gig. I think she has fun with it. And I don't think her husband is complaining.

Well, in the twitter thread someone shared Mike's comment on her picture from the SNF shoot and yeah, he wasn't complaining at all, lol.

Kizmet311

Whatever happens, I was the first to break the news of the pregnancy. lol!

Lol, you may get credit for being the first to post about it on CF - I'll give you that. But Donna and I mentioned it at the Fan Club Party and have discussed it privately on Twitter and Smokyiis and I have been PMing since the CMT awards, lol. I think some of us just didn't want to be the first to take the conversation "public", lol.

MSCarriefan

^I think a lot of the groups of fans on Twitter have been speculating since the CMT Awards when she was wearing the white dress shirt and almost said blessing instead of blessings in her speech. I also didn't want to mention until others...haha We will see

DizzyDollyDee

If I am not mistaking this is the shoot for NFL. This is not a "new look". Its just the look they are using for the opening. And of course that is going to mean that it is high glam!!

I think was bothers me a little is the flesh tone makes it look a lot more revealing than it really is.

As a woman who is doing to opening for Monday Night Football, of course she is going to bring sex appeal. Its just part of the gig. And she knows that and is comfortable with it. If you are not comfortable being sexy for this kind of a gig, you should not do the gig. I think she has fun with it. And I don't think her husband is complaining.

I totally agree with your analogy of place and reason and I'm a fan of Carrie's and had no doubt the dress had a lot of flesh tones involved. I will be a fan of carries FOREVER but I'm not a fan of this look - she always looks sexy in her short dresses or shorts - this to me is about the total picture and she is beautiful enough and doesn't need to go so Vegas showgirl. I'm sure the guys will love it but football isn't just guys - I'm an avid fan and love to see the young kids getting into it! I figure I'm the minority but just had to voice my opinion. I don't approve of many of the cheerleader's outfits either as they try to show too much, like there weren't women and kids that are fans, so you can tell where I come from .

Smokyiiis

Actually it was me that broke the news at the CMTs in those black tights thingies. And Kizmet and I have been blathering back and forth about it since the night she got that way (LOL) that's a joke

Last edited:

Smokyiiis

Just wondering to myself if this means (assuming she is) Mike will for sure retire or hang in for one more year?

maddkat

Staff member
^seriously?? Carrie slutty? Really??Please

I doubt anyone has any problems letting their children watch the opening in September.

It's a dress, a dress that covers everything.You don't like it fine but refrain from calling it( and by association Carrie) slutty.Geez

adam1995

I doubt anyone has any problems letting their children watch the opening in September.

It's a dress, a dress that covers everything.You don't like it fine but refrain from calling it( and by association Carrie) slutty.Geez

Yeah, when I saw that word come up earlier I was appalled. I didn't have time to reply, but just because Carrie dresses a certain way doesn't make her slutty. She's always classy and in touch with her sexuality, that certainly doesn't make her slutty.

simonplay

Lol I think the thing for some people here is that the dress is small and RED, but if the dress was the same but black or blue it would be fine.

She looks better than ever, and younger! She will kill it!

adam1995

Did Reba's red CMA dress make her slutty? No, it's a dress don't overanalyze it. If you don't like it that's ok, but don't degrade her.

No offense,last time I checked,I was allowed to have an opinion & I was giving my own personal opinion on another posters opinion & I said what I thought was my HONEST opinion on the dress itself.I really don't think that the dress covers everything & I thought,in my own opinion that the look itself wasn't classy as I thought it should be.Vegas showgirl, Carrie is not.Whatever happened to being entitled to your own opinion?I guess that went out the window with civility & honesty!!I'm just saying that there is a VERY fine line between classy & sexy & I just think it crossed that last line & went into a category that I think Carrie should never belong in.I guess in all reality,I'm just disappointed that I felt the dress didn't cover as much as I thought it should & not enough left to the imagination.I just thought we would all be able to discuss this like mature adults,but I guess I was wrong.

sco

You're not being disloyal at all!!Her look last year towed the line between classy & sexy but this one just went over the line from being sexy to almost,dare I say it,slutty.

If you don't like the dress that's your privilege. I am going to object to using the word 'slutty'. It's insulting and it's sexist. Additionally, Carrie is a grown up and a professional and her stylist works for her not the other way around.

Audra

I absolutely LOVE LOVE this look for the SNF opening! I know it's not going to stay around and for this, I love she brought back the extensions for this, I didn't realize how much I missed her with them until the pictures and snapchats came through, sure I love her short hair and everything, but I loved when she had her extensions too. But the dress is smoking HOT! For this, it's the perfect outfit. And I think too, when I watched Antonio Brown's Snapchat, she also has like a long red flowing piece that's part of the outfit too, at least I think there was? lol

txacar

^You're right. A long flowing scarf, and I love the one long sleeve. Can't wait to see the entire dress in a still photo, and really looking forward to the opening performance. So fun!!!

If you don't like the dress that's your privilege. I am going to object to using the word 'slutty'. It's insulting and it's sexist. Additionally, Carrie is a grown up and a professional and her stylist works for her not the other way around.

I'm sorry for the way I sounded before.It was wrong &I agree ,sexist.I should've chosen better words & I now realize it's wrong to call Carrie that name when she is always dressed classy no matter if it's a red carpet,a photo shoot or a live show.I really do appreciate how Carrie is so willing to take so many risks with her fashion,because I would NEVER be able to pull off this look or any of the other looks that she's worn recently.After a cooling down period,the whole look has really grown on me!!This dress truly is 🔥 🔥🔥& she is a smoke show wearing it!!Red is apparently her color this year & she is gorgeous & stunning in it!!How about her LEGS,though?WOW!!No wonder Mike likes this look so much!!I would too if I was him!!HOT!!

teesharky

I love the dress, the hair, the look- everything. This is going to be amazing!

Question: In the clip it sounds like different music this year. Any indication if they changed the song?

teesharky

I don't get why so many people dislike her long hair. She looks great! And I love the short hair too! Both look good! What's wrong with changing it up?

DizzyDollyDee

Don't remember anyone using the word "slutty" - must have missed that as didn't read anything to indicate she looked slutty.

adam1995

I love the dress, the hair, the look- everything. This is going to be amazing!

Question: In the clip it sounds like different music this year. Any indication if they changed the song?

I thought that too. It sounded tropical. I wonder if it was just to cover up the real music and keep it a surprise.