Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 SNF Opener [Official Discussion Thread]

maddkat

Staff member
I love the dress, the hair, the look- everything. This is going to be amazing!

Question: In the clip it sounds like different music this year. Any indication if they changed the song?

that one clip with the twirl ( love that!) it did sound different

Don't remember anyone using the word "slutty" - must have missed that as didn't read anything to indicate she looked slutty.
the poster deleted the post

Jae

I've been on board with the whole 'she's pregnant' thing but now I don't know. Carrie has always had a boxy shape to her and the dress is hideously unflattering (and just plain hideous), so maybe it's just those two things combining to make her waist appear thicker than usual. I do think it would be kind of funny that she's pregnant again while filming the SNF open.

While I think its terribly unfair to insinuate that Carrie looks slutty (the dress IS on trend and typical of her peers in the pop world's current stage-wear), I do think the dress is just too much for the opening of a sports show. To this day my favorite outfit is her first -- the shorts, tank, and boots. I prefer the Open to be more 'fresh faced with a bit of glamour' rather than 'all out smoke show'.

The extensions I would like more if they were fuller, they just sort of lay there looking limp and stringy. The length is cool, though.

Kizmet311

I've been on board with the whole 'she's pregnant' thing but now I don't know. Carrie has always had a boxy shape to her and the dress is hideously unflattering (and just plain hideous), so maybe it's just those two things combining to make her waist appear thicker than usual. I do think it would be kind of funny that she's pregnant again while filming the SNF open.

While I think its terribly unfair to insinuate that Carrie looks slutty (the dress IS on trend and typical of her peers in the pop world's current stage-wear), I do think the dress is just too much for the opening of a sports show. To this day my favorite outfit is her first -- the shorts, tank, and boots. I prefer the Open to be more 'fresh faced with a bit of glamour' rather than 'all out smoke show'.

The extensions I would like more if they were fuller, they just sort of lay there looking limp and stringy. The length is cool, though.

I think that is my thing with the extensions too. I have always loved her long hair when it's wavy and fuller, but these extensions don't look as full as what we were used to in the BA era or the Storyteller photo shoot and the two first videos which were beachy waves. She looks very glamorous, though, that is for sure! And if she really is pregnant, I would give anything to have her pregnant body over my non-pregnant one, haha.

pgk

"Boxy"? Well that 's a new word to describe Carrie's body 'type'. It doesn't give me positive vibes. I don't think I'd like to be described as having a boxy shape. To my eyes Carrie has a very balanced shape and can and has worn anything as she has already shown us. A box has no shape; broad on top, in the middle and at the bottom. If that's what you see when you look at Carrie so be it. To my eyes her body is balanced which allows her to wear just about anything......and she has fabulously!
But, to each his/her own.

Jae

"Boxy"? Well that 's a new word to describe Carrie's body 'type'. It doesn't give me positive vibes. I don't think I'd like to be described as having a boxy shape. To my eyes Carrie has a very balanced shape and can and has worn anything as she has already shown us. A box has no shape; broad on top, in the middle and at the bottom. If that's what you see when you look at Carrie so be it. To my eyes her body is balanced which allows her to wear just about anything......and she has fabulously!
But, to each his/her own.

I just love hyper-sensitivity mixed with passive-aggressiveness. Such a charming trait. Let's be clear here -- I'll say what I want, when I want. I don't need your permission and if you don't like my opinion I'd suggest muting me.

txacar

Lol, wish I had Carrie's boxy frame:

fashion-blogs-slaves-to-fashion-2012-05-01-0501-carrie-underwood-best-red-carpet_fa.jpg

fashion-blogs-slaves-to-fashion-2012-05-01-0312-academy-of-country-music-awards-2012-best-dressed-carrie-underwood-fa.jpg

pgk

I just love hyper-sensitivity mixed with passive-aggressiveness. Such a charming trait. Let's be clear here -- I'll say what I want, when I want. I don't need your permission and if you don't like my opinion I'd suggest muting me.

Hyper-sensitive? Well looks like one of us is. Guess Who? Your post shows zero passive aggression, it's straight up aggression! You are free to say whatever you like and I didn't say or imply that you couldn't nor did I suggest that you need anyone's permission.

teesharky

I thought that too. It sounded tropical. I wonder if it was just to cover up the real music and keep it a surprise.

That's possible. I know the haters were out with the new song last year, but maybe they will get used to it if it stays the same. But it would be cool if they changed it too. Either way I can't wait!

carriethequeen

I love the dress, the hair, the look- everything. This is going to be amazing!

Question: In the clip it sounds like different music this year. Any indication if they changed the song?

I wondered what that music was too. In a video on Antonio Brown's snapchat however I heard a few words of Oh Sunday Night, so looks like the different music was just filler music to dance to.

maddkat

Staff member
sneak peek on Aug. 27

"A sneak preview of the new show open – which debuts Sept. 10 as the New York Giants visit the Dallas Cowboys in the season-opening SNF game – will air during the 49ers-Vikings NFL preseason game Sunday, Aug. 27 at 8 p.m. ET on NBC."

txacar

sneak peek on Aug. 27

"A sneak preview of the new show open – which debuts Sept. 10 as the New York Giants visit the Dallas Cowboys in the season-opening SNF game – will air during the 49ers-Vikings NFL preseason game Sunday, Aug. 27 at 8 p.m. ET on NBC."

I didn't know Mark Bright worked with DeStafano as producer.

NBC Sports PR‏ @NBCSportsPR 37m37 minutes agoMore

10 NFL Players to Join @CarrieUnderwood in “Oh, Sunday Night” Show Open for NBC’s Sunday Night Football: http://wp.me/p2Ou29-c0R

DGFil9DWAAEdWq3.jpg

PRGuy79

Check it out. They have already updated her bio to reflect 26 #1 hits!

From the news release in the link above:

About Carrie Underwood:

Carrie Underwood emerged from the promise of her 2005 American Idol win to become a true multi-format, multi-media superstar, spanning achievements in music, television, and film. A seven-time GRAMMY® Award winner, she has amassed over 100 major honors, sold 64 million records worldwide, and recorded 26 #1 singles, 13 of which she co-wrote, with a catalog of songs that have been streamed more than 2.6 billion times worldwide. The first female artist to be twice named the Academy of Country Music’s Entertainer of the Year, Underwood was recognized by Pollstar as the top female country touring artist for each of her headlining tours in 2008, 2010, 2012, and for 2016’s “The Storyteller Tour – Stories in the Round.” Carrie also topped Billboard’s Top 25 Tours of 2016 as the leading female country artist and was the leading female artist on Country Aircheck’s top country radio performers list for her success in both 2015 and 2016. All five studio albums, Some Hearts, Carnival Ride, Play On, Blown Away, and Storyteller – are certified Platinum or multi-Platinum, and each an American Music Awards winner as Favorite Country Album – and tallied an incredible 40 weeks at #1 on Billboard’s Top Country Albums chart. The RIAA’s highest certified country album artist to debut this century, Underwood also holds the distinction of the highest album certification of any country artist to emerge since 2000 with the 8x Multi-Platinum success of her 2005 debut, Some Hearts. She is the all-time Top Country Artist (male or female) on RIAA’s Digital Single Ranking, also placing her among the Top 5 females in the history of RIAA’s Digital Single Program across all genres. In December of 2014, she released her Platinum-certified Greatest Hits: Decade #1, which produced two new #1 hits co-written by Underwood, including the RIAA-Platinum, GRAMMY-winning “Something in the Water.” The Grand Ole Opry member demonstrated her creative diversity in 2013 starring as Maria von Trapp in NBC’s three-hour holiday blockbuster, the Emmy®-winning The Sound of Music Live!, whose airings attracted 44 million viewers. The reigning CMA Female Vocalist of the Year, Underwood claimed her fourth win in the category amid the ongoing success of her chart-topping platinum fifth studio album, Storyteller, which produced four #1 hits. This November, Underwood will co-host the CMA Awards for a tenth consecutive year.

teesharky

Look how flat her tummy looks there. It was clearly a bad angle in that one picture everyone focused on.