Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 SNF Opener [Official Discussion Thread]

Kizmet311

I have to agree that this is my favorite one so far. Had to watch it a few times though! My first impression was NOT ENOUGH CARRIE...LOL.

That was my first thought too! Overall, I like how it is done and I LOVE how she looks, but there just wasn't enough of her in it, lol!

Smokyiiis

My preference would be the shorter hair. Ya'll know how much I adore Carrie but this new hair just seems so not her. Almost like it's trying too hard. I'm not caring for it at all and I wish someone would tell me how to stop.....lol

My preference would be the shorter hair. Ya'll know how much I adore Carrie but this new hair just seems so not her. Almost like it's trying too hard. I'm not caring for it at all and I wish someone would tell me how to stop.....lol

I do tend to lean towards the shorter hair because I think that she looks more natural with it &it really seems to suit her more.At first I thought that she left the extensions in because Mike liked Carrie looking like a completely different person,but when she didn't take them out,I was beginning to think that there was a different reason for leaving them in, not just for concerts and certain events.I love Carrie to pieces, but it does almost seem like she's trying too hard, like she needs to prove something or she"s trying to look younger. I almost think she"s been leaving them in because she feels this invisible pressure to look a certain way or act in a certain manner that runs contrary to who she is as a person & an artist.I don"t know if that's accurate or not, but those are just theories running through my head at the moment!!It's completely her decision as to keep leaving them in or to take them out, but I personally hope that she doesn't leave them in forever!!The extensions just don't seem to blend in naturally with her real hair, making it look almost unnatural & off her color base.You don't need to stop,smokyiis,because a lot of those same thoughts have been running in my head for the past 2 or 3 months, so you're not alone!!I do love the extensions, but it's not a look that I'd like to see on her in the long term.

simonplay

How is that "new hair" ?? She used long hair since her first album! Lol then she used short hair for Isaiah but the long hair is classic Carrie.
She looks so much better with long hair IMO.

Kizmet311

How is that "new hair" ?? She used long hair since her first album! Lol then she used short hair for Isaiah but the long hair is classic Carrie.
She looks so much better with long hair IMO.

I can't disagree with Smoky that the new extensions feel/look different to me. Maybe it's just because we got to see her with short hair for so long, I don't know. Maybe it's the straighter style and that her hair was magically longer whereas before it was just always long or seemed to take longer to go from shoulder length to full-on extensions. Maybe it's because she put the extensions back in and went lighter in color that it feels less natural.

I mean, she looks gorgeous, as always, but it doesn't feel as natural to me as it did before. I know I'll eventually get used to it again, though. I've always liked it, though, when she went shoulder length or just a little longer than that and didn't have extensions. She looks gorgeous with them, but she doesn't need them.

simonplay

^ yeah must be that! Some of you get used to the short hair and find it strange now.

But the long hair is just so Carrie! I love it!

Audra

I've always loved Carrie with long hair and when she switched to having short hair (which I loved her short hair!) because it was so much easier to maintain with a child in her life (I can agree on shorter hair and easier to maintain since I got short hair and I love how easy it is to take care of it lol). But when she brought back the extensions, I was so excited to see it back! It's so her, like what simonplay said. Anything she does in her life won't make all her fans thrilled or happy of course, and we all can think what we want and have our opinions on what we like. I don't see her doing this as trying too hard, she had the long hair look for so long that it was probably like something she felt so comfortable with and familiar and that Isaiah is older now, she feels she probably can get back to her routine of the extensions. She looks younger with them in and I love how she looks in them. We don't know the reason she brought them back, maybe she's bringing them back for the new era with UMG, we don't got a clue lol but my opinion, I LOVE them!

and her SNF opening was just FIRE! I do agree I wish we saw more of her, but it is about the football so showing off the players is what is the key part of the opening is showing off the players and also plays from the two teams that are playing. But I do wish there was more of her in and more of a focus when she was on screen.

teesharky

I love the long hair. The short hair is great too but I think longhair is more appropriate for this setting.