Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 CMA Awards

Patkid26

Kelsea Ballerini (who was snubbed) was added to perform today!

Really thought if there was a last minute add today it would be Carrie... I have to imagine at this point there won’t be any more surprises right?

I can’t decide how I feel about her not performing. As much as I’m on board with her sitting this one out after everything these voters have done to her, the CMAs have been such a big part of her career... will be very weird watching them tonight without her involved.

jamatthews83

Classy of Kelsea to jump in last minute for FGL after being snubbed. I don't know when Beyonce/Dixie Chicks was announced in 2016, but I would guess there are no more surprises.

monkeyboy16

Really thought if there was a last minute add today it would be Carrie... I have to imagine at this point there won’t be any more surprises right?

I can’t decide how I feel about her not performing. As much as I’m on board with her sitting this one out after everything these voters have done to her, the CMAs have been such a big part of her career... will be very weird watching them tonight without her involved.

Yeah. If she wasn’t nominated for EOTY, then I totally don’t blame her for sitting out. But being nominated and not attending? Eh idk

lilangel

Carrie not performing? Such a bummer! I want a Hallelujah performance! Would really boost the album sales!

pkslongbeach

I think there is just going to be a lot of Bluebird...... blah blah blah... So since Carrie has nothing to promote except the Xmas album which she will promote at Country Christmas, I think it just makes sense. I don't blame her a bit for sitting it out. Next year come back strong!

Covid can easily be cited as a reason for her not to attend if she isn't performing. I of course want her to win, but I think she knows she pretty much doesn't have a chance if she didn't win last year. I'm sure everything will be fine if people have been getting tested, but the ACMs honestly seemed a bit safer in terms of not having everyone together and spread out more over different venues. And I am pretty sure Chris was the replacement for FGL. I guess Kelsea was gonna perform regardless of some switching up of the performances.

simonplay

This show will be a mess!

Dispute over access prompts AP to drop CMA Awards coverage
The Associated Press has pulled out of its planned coverage of Wednesday’s Country Music Association Awards show

"The CMAs have had a rocky road to the telecast, with Lee Brice and Florida Georgia Line’s Tyler Hubbard recently dropping out after testing positive for COVID-19.

The Country Music Association also faced criticism for a social media post it made declaring the show to be “a no drama zone,” apparently encouraging artists to remain apolitical. The association reversed course and later said it will “welcome every artist’s right to express themselves.”

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainmen...-prompts-ap-drop-cma-awards-coverage-74147370

Smokyiiis

Actually deep down I keep almost hoping that without her hosting that their ratings plummet like a rock!!!!!! Is that mean? Maybe so, but I think the CMA voters have been especially evil to her.

rcramer

^^^ No its not mean at all... It's fact..... Is it CMA voters or are they all WME.... And this is no disrespect to ML at all, but she has been the most nominated with like what 7 nominations this year and how many other years; whereas Carrie who has been the most dominate (reigning Queen) female for years has never seen that many nominations ever.... Is it because Miranda is with WME..... WME artists seem to always dominate, and win.... Or am I wrong on that.....

adam1995

This show will be a mess!

Dispute over access prompts AP to drop CMA Awards coverage
The Associated Press has pulled out of its planned coverage of Wednesday’s Country Music Association Awards show

"The CMAs have had a rocky road to the telecast, with Lee Brice and Florida Georgia Line’s Tyler Hubbard recently dropping out after testing positive for COVID-19.

The Country Music Association also faced criticism for a social media post it made declaring the show to be “a no drama zone,” apparently encouraging artists to remain apolitical. The association reversed course and later said it will “welcome every artist’s right to express themselves.”

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainmen...-prompts-ap-drop-cma-awards-coverage-74147370

This is ridiculous. Why can't we just have a few hours where we don't have to divide people? Literally, nobody wants drama (other than the actual awards) when watching the CMAs.

simonplay

I think that if she would be attending, the CMA's would have mentioned her for promo..

At least she have a secret surprise...

adam1995

I think that if she would be attending, the CMA's would have mentioned her for promo..

At least she have a secret surprise...

If she was just in the audience though, they wouldn't mention her.

Either way, there's more evidence pointing towards her not being there. That will be sad though.

CrazyAboutCarrie

^^^ No its not mean at all... It's fact..... Is it CMA voters or are they all WME.... And this is no disrespect to ML at all, but she has been the most nominated with like what 7 nominations this year and how many other years; whereas Carrie who has been the most dominate (reigning Queen) female for years has never seen that many nominations ever.... Is it because Miranda is with WME..... WME artists seem to always dominate, and win.... Or am I wrong on that.....

I think Miranda will win ETOY. That way they can say a female was finally awarded ETOY.