Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 CMA Awards

Garth is removing himself from contention for EOTY...interesting. Hopefully he has undergone some type of realization about all of that bull crap.

simonplay

Country Now
@CountryNow.
@garthbrooks says was fully expecting to give a standing ovation to @carrieunderwood when last year's CMA Entertainer of the Year award was announced. "For eight months, it has bothered me," he says. "Carrie's might just be a year later. This might just be her year this year."

adam1995

Country Now
@CountryNow.
@garthbrooks says was fully expecting to give a standing ovation to @carrieunderwood when last year's CMA Entertainer of the Year award was announced. "For eight months, it has bothered me," he says. "Carrie's might just be a year later. This might just be her year this year."

Since he can manipulate the outcomes, maybe he'll get for her.

NC State Carrie Fan

54th Annual CMA Awards

I did not see a thread for this, but thought this news was of note.

Garth Brooks has "withdrawn" his name from the Entertainer of the Year award.

Here is a quote:
'There's one tweet in there that really stuck in my head," Brooks said in a virtual press conference Wednesday. "It said, 'Hey, man. This guy, why doesn't he just step down (and leave) the entertainer for the next generation?' 100% agree."

There are like 1000 articles (I cannot find the first one I read) but Garth is speaking to the criticism he got last year and basically said that Carrie could very well win this year.

This gets me MAD all over again. He also is claiming this has been bothering him for the past eight months, he was expecting Carrie to win, and he thinks this is Carrie's year now. So he didn't think it was her year last year?! Still an out of touch, arrogant man.

Hopefully Holy Garth who the CMAs absolutely adore is able to potentially have an influence with the CMAs now this year in terms of Carrie, but I doubt it. I can't tell if he actually feels any guilt or if this is for show.

CU4ever

^ He also didn't act like it last year. Looked like he expected to win & didn't even mention Carrie in his speech.

If it seriously bothered him so much, he clearly would’ve said something in his speech about Carrie instead of acting the way he did. And there’s also now two threads going for this lol with the regular 2020 CMA Awards thread too

CU4ever

If it seriously bothered him so much, he clearly would’ve said something in his speech about Carrie instead of acting the way he did. And there’s also now two threads going for this lol with the regular 2020 CMA Awards thread too

Exactly. It didn't bother him and I'm not sure what kind of PR play this is, honestly. Does this look like someone who was bothered and thought Carrie should be recognized?

110.jpg

Thanks Simon for watching through the torture! I still can’t believe that after having so much time for reflection, he still is unable to recognize that Carrie deserved to win regardless of the theming. This adds fuel to the fire for making me want Carrie to win even more in the future...

simonplay

Nevermind... all the press conference and sh¡t for nothing it seems..

Billy Dukes
@billydukes
Some clarification on Garth Brooks’ CMA decision. He’s more or less telling (asking?) voters not to vote for him. They may not listen, which will be fun to watch

So essentially, he is still able to get a nomination and potentially even win. I wouldn't be surprised if thanks to WME, he still somehow managed to win again in the future or even this year. I wonder what Carrie thinks about all of this and his comments now about this being her year to win.

abbeyjones18

Just simply take yourself out of the running. No need to have a freaking press conference about it. You're not a presidential candidate, lol. He's even more of a jerk for bringing more attention to it, in my opinion.