Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 CMA Awards

I almost don't want her to win this year as it will always have this mark against it. Like she only won due to the current circumstances and not years and years of earning it and being snubbed.

If he was that concerned he would of said something then or even the weeks following.

maddkat

Staff member
^ He'll win. That press conference was to help insure his win. He takes no chances. Does the minimal to be eligible then puts all his efforts into campaigning.I'll never get why so many think his obnoxiousness passes for entertainment.

rcramer

And then wins, and walks up to accept it with that pompous yes i deserved this attitude..... Again it just shows my distaste for the people that let this kind of thing happen..

Such an egotistical b@stard..

Now there is a whole second round of people attacking Carrie all over again, saying how she isn't deserving of entertainer of the year, if she ever wins it's because she isn't truly deserving, etc. Such BS. She has literally deserved at least a nomination dating back to 2010 I feel and her first win potentially in 2013 IMO, so I'm incredibly annoyed at all of these people acting like Carrie is some newbie who isn't long overdue. I saw this morning on Twitter that Trisha, Blake Shelton, and a person named Steve I had never heard of all talking about how great Garth is. I'm sure he is eating up the attention.

Eder Rodrigues

^ He'll win. That press conference was to help insure his win. He takes no chances. Does the minimal to be eligible then puts all his efforts into campaigning.I'll never get why so many think his obnoxiousness passes for entertainment.

I agree with you. I think this is just a strategy to make himself look even more humble, kind and to get more votes, since he had to deal with a huge backlash last year with Carrie losing.

According to Billy Dukes, Garth is one of the 15 right now for entertainer. Only two women.
ETA: Carrie and Miranda are the two women

simonplay

Carrie made it to second round in
EOTY
FVOTY
Music video - DA
Single - DA
Song - DA

https://www.cmanomineeshowcase.com/2020/female-vocalist-of-the-year/

another article about garth's pr stunt
https://www.esquire.com/entertainme...c-church-explained/?__twitter_impression=true

"Like a 1950s sitcom, Underwood has been deemed qualified enough to host (for 11 years, mind you) but not to own the home."

When you click in Carrie's pictures there is just another pic of her, there are no stats, does that mean that they are not pushing this year?

adam1995

Carrie made it to second round in
EOTY
FVOTY
Music video - DA
Single - DA
Song - DA

https://www.cmanomineeshowcase.com/2020/female-vocalist-of-the-year/

another article about garth's pr stunt
https://www.esquire.com/entertainme...c-church-explained/?__twitter_impression=true

"Like a 1950s sitcom, Underwood has been deemed qualified enough to host (for 11 years, mind you) but not to own the home."

The fact that Lee Brice made the final 15 of EOTY, along with Garth, shows the diminishing reputation of these awards.

maddkat

Staff member
When you click in Carrie's pictures there is just another pic of her, there are no stats, does that mean that they are not pushing this year?
if you look all the UMG artist just have pictures. I'm sure stats will be added at some point.

I was confused by Lee Brice, although I do like a lot of his music, he doesn't strike me as EOTY material. The way Carrie got to the second round in all of those categories makes it seem like there is some effort being put into her, but maybe she would have gotten into song/single/music video regardless, idk. Or in other words, Carrie didn't tell her team to purposefully not try this year. I am sure she would be more than happy to win something.

pkc4rls

Garth Brooks stepping away from EOTY consideration - talks about Carrie

I didn’t know if this had been mentioned anywhere else or not. Feel free to move it elsewhere if so:

On Garth Brooks Stepping Away from Entertainer of the Year

Saving Country Music
July 29, 2020

“Once again Garth is being Garth, which means ultimately he’s probably doing the right thing and making a good choice. He’s just doing it in the most self-gratifying of ways. His heart is 100% in the right place. But his ego won’t allow him to make an altruistic move without letting everyone else know what he’s doing to vacuum up any residual kudos and attention for himself that he can.

On Wednesday morning (7-29), Garth took to Facebook Live to participate in a news conference where he announced he is taking himself out of the running for the CMA Entertainer of the Year award for 2020. Voting for the first ballot that narrows the field of potential nominees down to 20 or so finished up recently, and the second ballot that narrows the field down to the eventual five nominees is sent out on July 31st. According to Garth, he tried to eliminate himself from contention overall, which the CMA said they couldn’t do since voters get to name whomever they wish initially. So he’s now asking for voters to not vote for him if his name appears on the July 31st ballot, which it likely will.”

Rest of the article at the link:

https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/on-garth-brooks-stepping-away-from-entertainer-of-the-year/

Last edited:

simonplay

I was confused by Lee Brice, although I do like a lot of his music, he doesn't strike me as EOTY material. The way Carrie got to the second round in all of those categories makes it seem like there is some effort being put into her, but maybe she would have gotten into song/single/music video regardless, idk. Or in other words, Carrie didn't tell her team to purposefully not try this year. I am sure she would be more than happy to win something.

Carrie always have a lot of nominations in this round, but she always barely made it to the last round.

Carrie always have a lot of nominations in this round, but she always barely made it to the last round.

Yeah true. I was thinking about whenever the ACM Awards noms came out earlier this year and then the voting period timeframe, there were people on twitter believing that Carrie was flat out 100% not interested anymore in award shows and that she purposefully told UMG not to try to for entertainer because of her not having ads like others. I personally don’t buy that lol. Obviously a bit dramatic, but it disproves that theory with upcoming award shows now.