Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 CMA Awards

CU4ever

"My thought is, if we go for some long period of time and Carrie Underwood never wins a CMA Entertainer of the Year, that's quite disturbing for me, because she's definitely ... she's done everything you can do to win, in my opinion," Bryan says.

It's really nice to see fellow artists speaking out about this and not the majority staying quiet. Hopefully last year's show and the respective controversy are what demands a change finally.

DaisyTweets

The disturbing thing is there shouldn't be any controversy surrounding Carrie winning EOTY! There have been several years during her career where she clearly has been the EOTY. And every year that that has been the case they move the goal posts and suddenly change and add more to the criteria. But than the years that Mr. Ego wins it goes right back to it being a 'touring' award because his only qualification is the touring numbers.

lolita55

The disturbing thing is there shouldn't be any controversy surrounding Carrie winning EOTY! There have been several years during her career where she clearly has been the EOTY. And every year that that has been the case they move the goal posts and suddenly change and add more to the criteria. But than the years that Mr. Ego wins it goes right back to it being a 'touring' award because his only qualification is the touring numbers.

I believe Mr. Ego just bowed out of the ETOY award.

Smokyiiis

That’s exactly the first thing that rumbled thru when I saw what he’d done. He got lots of headlines and media for that. A stunt.

adam1995

Not that I expect it, but if Carrie would win this year, honestly, I'd be happy. It is overdue, and everyone knows it. It would be like they are righting a wrong, that was a long time coming. I'd have loved for her to win in a year she truly deserved it, but getting that award at any point is the right call. Could be a career acknowledgement, as she deserves to have at least one CMA EOTY.

But again, I highly doubt it's coming.

Zman312

Not that I expect it, but if Carrie would win this year, honestly, I'd be happy. It is overdue, and everyone knows it. It would be like they are righting a wrong, that was a long time coming. I'd have loved for her to win in a year she truly deserved it, but getting that award at any point is the right call. Could be a career acknowledgement, as she deserves to have at least one CMA EOTY.

But again, I highly doubt it's coming.

thank you, couldn’t have agreed more.
However, If Carrie wins it will still be bc she deserved it. Because of COVID, no one toured since March. The CMA are from June 2019-June 2021.

with that’s said, in my opinion Brad deserved EOTY bc no one is doing as much as Brad is in term of entertaining fans during these time.

carrieidol1

However, If Carrie wins it will still be bc she deserved it. Because of COVID, no one toured since March. The CMA are from June 2019-June 2021.

with that’s said, in my opinion Brad deserved EOTY bc no one is doing as much as Brad is in term of entertaining fans during these time.

I hate to say it... but Garth has actually maintained a massive social media presence doing lots of live shows and such. Not to mention his TV special broke records. It’s odd that he pulled out this year because this is a year he would ACTUALLY deserve it. Obviously I want Carrie to win, and I don’t want Garth. But this year for Garth he would totally deserve the recognition, unlike last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least Brad wasn't doing pre-recorded also for his drive-in stuff so it wasn't really a rip off like some other people in my opinion, although I feel like there is pretty much no chance of him actually getting a nomination. I feel like him and Lee Brice can be out of the running right now when considering the top five.

Zman312

I hate to say it... but Garth has actually maintained a massive social media presence doing lots of live shows and such. Not to mention his TV special broke records. It’s odd that he pulled out this year because this is a year he would ACTUALLY deserve it. Obviously I want Carrie to win, and I don’t want Garth. But this year for Garth he would totally deserve the recognition, unlike last year.

what TV record?

what TV record?

It was on CBS back in April. I don't know anything about it otherwise. I still can't remotely wrap my head around him potentially winning for the 4th time in 5 years...it's a shame how someone I grew up listening to and I respected even back in 2016 I now hate because of his own behavior.

maddkat

Staff member

that special was barely a blip on anyone's radar - 5.7 mil viewers, .8 /4 rating.

Last edited:

carrieidol1

I thought I read something about a record... never mind. But still, Garth actually had a big year relatively speaking, so of all the years since 2017, this year would actually make sense for a nomination, whereas the past few years - not so much. That’s all I was trying to say....

Zach1998

Garth's press release was an entire publicity stunt to do damage control for his underserved win. Had he felt Carrie should've/would've won last November then he wouldn't have campaigned for it. The way he worded his press release is like he's trying to diminish the award now; basically saying "well I'm the best so I would just keep winning so I'm going to step down."
If there is any justice the five nominees this fall will be as followed.

Eric Church
Luke Bryan
Miranda Lambert
Carrie Underwood
Luke Combs (new artist yes, but has accomplished so much more compared to others that have only been around as long as him)

BUT how I actually think it'll go is...

Carrie Underwood or Miranda Lambert
Luke Combs
Luke Bryan
Eric Church
Garth/Keith/Chris Stapleton/Thomas Rhett

While I do want Carrie to win it this year and be the female to break the dry spell, because she's the most deserving, I also think Miranda is starting to get overdue as well (not as overdue as Carrie but still overdue and would love to see her get EOTY after Carrie.)

carrieidol1

I wouldn’t count out Blake Shelton... he’s had a massive year, and while he’s a previous winner, he’s also made headlines for being “overdue” for another win. I just wouldn’t be shocked to see him nominated, and it wouldn’t be undeserved.

Zman312

Garth's press release was an entire publicity stunt to do damage control for his underserved win. Had he felt Carrie should've/would've won last November then he wouldn't have campaigned for it. The way he worded his press release is like he's trying to diminish the award now; basically saying "well I'm the best so I would just keep winning so I'm going to step down."
If there is any justice the five nominees this fall will be as followed.

Eric Church
Luke Bryan
Miranda Lambert
Carrie Underwood
Luke Combs (new artist yes, but has accomplished so much more compared to others that have only been around as long as him)

BUT how I actually think it'll go is...

Carrie Underwood or Miranda Lambert
Luke Combs
Luke Bryan
Eric Church
Garth/Keith/Chris Stapleton/Thomas Rhett

While I do want Carrie to win it this year and be the female to break the dry spell, because she's the most deserving, I also think Miranda is starting to get overdue as well (not as overdue as Carrie but still overdue and would love to see her get EOTY after Carrie.)

How is Miranda overdue for an EOTY? TBQH, she never even deserved a nomination because her tour numbers/ album sales/ overall visibility was never enough to make it to the top 5.