Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 CMA Awards

MSCarriefan

^My Mom is a huge George Strait fan and she has said Garth has won awards that George should have won before. I heard that even before all of this happened. George doesn't have Garths ego/entitled attitude I was fine with him winning that year. (He probably won't ever be nominated again)

monkeyboy16

^My Mom is a huge George Strait fan and she has said Garth has won awards that George should have won before. I heard that even before all of this happened. George doesn't have Garths ego/entitled attitude I was fine with him winning that year. (He probably won't ever be nominated again)

My point was more about winning based on legacy rather than what was actually accomplished during the year. I was fine with him winning that year too.

adam1995

Okay but he’s not an unreasonable choice and definitely a viable top 5 contender. That’s all. Jeeeeeeeeeeesus can’t say anything around here anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, he is an unreasonable contender, as his actual relevance to current country music is miniscule.

adam1995

George won that year with an album and the biggest tour of the Year, which broken numerous attendance records. I agree he was deserving. Garth played 10 shows last year, and nothing more. And this year, basically still nothing. It's so frustrating.

I remember Gwen defending Garth after he lipsynced at the CMAs so I’m sure Blake felt the same exact way too (that it was fine because he’s still a legend). Nothing is going to ever change in country music if people like Thomas Rhett and Blake Shelton are stuck in the mentality of people like Garth doing no wrong/ he’s the only current best thing of the genre. Now some of Garth’s fans on Facebook are saying that his daughter having overcome COVID is why he should win entertainer this year because he overcame struggles in his life...dead serious!

adam1995

I remember Gwen defending Garth after he lipsynced at the CMAs so I’m sure Blake felt the same exact way too (that it was fine because he’s still a legend). Nothing is going to ever change in country music if people like Thomas Rhett and Blake Shelton are stuck in the mentality of people like Garth doing no wrong/ he’s the only current best thing of the genre. Now some of Garth’s fans on Facebook are saying that his daughter having overcome COVID is why he should win entertainer this year because he overcame struggles in his life...dead serious!

COVID for EOTY 2020!

This is actually a pretty good list they compiled and I like their rationale. That’s an interesting group they have there for female vocalist...the people who might be replaced this year are Kelsea (pretty lackluster and unorganized album release and never an awards show favorite) and Kacey maybe but other than that I don’t see those females getting noms except for Ashley maybe.

sco

I agree with their assessment of Garth.

Personally without Brad and Carrie as hosts and the blatant sexism and politics in the voting I pretty much have no interest.

simonplay

Loretta Lynn said this about Garth and the EOTY thing... disgusting..

https://tasteofcountry.com/loretta-...ng-cma-entertainer-of-the-year-consideration/

In an Instagram post on Wednesday (Aug. 12), Lynn said that Brooks shouldn't bow out of EOTY consideration if he is deserving of the title.

"I think he’s wrong on this one! He’s won it 7 times because he earned it! In my book, he’s earned it 20 times over and deserves to win it anytime they count the votes up and he’s on top," Lynn writes in an impassioned post alongside a photo of herself and Brooks on stage at the 2010 Grammy Salute to Country Music event.

"He’s worked his heart out and you can mark it down that I’m his biggest fan. I hope CMA ignores his request! Love you, honey," she concludes.

Smokyiiis

I saw that Simon and was disgusted as well.....the thing is she didn’t get to see Carries tour and what all she did. I think she was ill for a large part of the year

Countryfan2448

So Loretta Lynn saying that Females don't deserve it, FYI Carrie deserve it twice and Miranda should had won it too but let Loretta Lynn have her opinion.

CU4ever

I don't understand how anyone can support Garth's wins. Especially last year, when he only played seven (7) shows. Maybe a few decades ago, when he received popular radio play, one could argue he deserved the wins. However, this is certainly not the case in 2020. EOTY is about representing the genre, and Garth does nothing of the sort. No albums, singles releases are far and few. Outside a handful of shows in a year, he does virtually nothing. Carrie is always doing something. For her entire career she's represented the genre like very few others have - acting, writing, books, business, all-genre award shows, etc.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't see the justification in his wins in anyone's eyes if you boil it down to the facts

And my respect for Loretta goes toppling down...his win was not justified in comparison to not only Carrie but also Eric Church even. He’s irrelevant in current country music. Ewwww.

Should the nominations be coming out this week since last year it was on the 28th? I don't think they have said anything about it though so who knows.

Zach1998

I really wonder who they’re going to get to host. Unless they go with legacy acts to host it (Garth, Reba, Dolly, etc.) I really think Kelsea Ballerini will be one of the hosts. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was her and Thomas Rhett if they are going to try to start pushing the next generation, because of all the new artists they probably have the best personalities to try to keep the show interesting. Nobody will beat Brad and Carrie though.

sco

I have a suspicion they'll go without hosts. Its kind of a thankless job anyway and I can't imagine anybody wants to try to follow Brad and Carrie. I also think they would have made an announcement by now. .