Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 CMA Awards

Countryfan2448

CMA Country Music
@CountryMusic
·
3m
Police cars revolving light #CMAawards nominees will be revealed LIVE Tuesday on
@GMA
by
@LukeCombs
&
@CarlyPearce
. Then,
@IngridAndress
&
@GabbyBarrett_
will announce more nominees via live stream on our YouTube & Facebook! Set a reminder, because trust us...you won't want to miss this!
EghePc8UcAE51LR

CU4ever

Ready for the meltdowns when Garth get a nomination for Entertainer! Lol

I think meltdowns will be worse if Carrie is not nominated. Nobody could tour this year so it should just be based on last year and what artists did a lot for the genre (as best as they could this year). and Carrie did a lot for an off year IMO. Christmas album, book, book tour, fitness app, football, etc. Artists who only tour and get nominated based off that should not be considered this year if they didn't even get to tour at all

sco

Ready for the meltdowns when Garth get a nomination for Entertainer! Lol
Lol! That would definitely cause a massive meltdown of epic proportions. As for me, I'm really beyond caring at this point. We know that country music is sexism incorporated so nothing will surprise me.

adam1995

I think meltdowns will be worse if Carrie is not nominated. Nobody could tour this year so it should just be based on last year and what artists did a lot for the genre (as best as they could this year). and Carrie did a lot for an off year IMO. Christmas album, book, book tour, fitness app, football, etc. Artists who only tour and get nominated based off that should not be considered this year if they didn't even get to tour at all

The Christmas album doesn't even count for this year. I'd be surprised if Carrie gets nominated. As for Garth I expect he'll be there, and will win again. I'm just preparing for it, it's easier than expecting something different and fair.

CU4ever

The Christmas album doesn't even count for this year. I'd be surprised if Carrie gets nominated. As for Garth I expect he'll be there, and will win again. I'm just preparing for it, it's easier than expecting something different and fair.

I guess what I was trying to say is that she still kept busy during the year where most artists since they couldn't tour didn't too much of anything. But yeah, I expect Garth to take it again too. At this rate, I would be happy if it was anyone else other than him, even not Carrie. Considering Garth has done nothing in years in terms of new music and whatnot

At least the Christmas album will be fresh in voter’s minds regardless of what she is nominated for despite the album technically not being in the eligibility period. Kind of like Cry Pretty in September of 2018.

Countryfan2448

She's going to be nominated and they should be going off what happened in the last part of last year and beginning on this year before the virus hit everywhere.

txacar

Here is a list of Carrie's qualifications for first half of CMA eligibility (compiled by Maddkat). Keep in mind, the second half of her tour is just one line on this schedule. I don't see how they could ignore her.

uly 2 - Glasgow, Scotland – The SSE Hydro
July 3 - Manchester, England – Manchester Arena
July 4 - London, England – Wembley The SSE Arena , interview on Steven Wright radio show
July 6 - Cavendish Music Festival
July 11 - host Bob Harris radio show BBC2 Radio
July 14 - Calia event in Hamptons
July 19 - Opry (2 shows)
July 20 - Opry ( 2 shows)
Aug 4 - CMAFest on ABC
Aug. 13 - Opry ( 2 shows , brought out Bryan White during first show)
Aug. 16 - Opry (2 shows)
Aug. 18 - Costco Private show benefiting Seattle Children's Hospital
Sept. 8 - SNF opening premiere w/Joan Jett
Sept 10 - Leg 2 of Cry Pretty Tour 360 begins ( ends Oct. 31)
Oct. 3 - The Late Show w/Stephen Colbert (interview & performance)
Oct 16 - CMT Artist of the Year (honoree) ( performed TBC and BA live form tour stop in Cleveland)
Nov. 8 - GMA and co hosting Live w/Kelly & Ryan
Nov. 11 - appears at ASCAP awards to honor Randy Travis ( sings 'Promises')
Nov. 12 - attended BMI Awards ( Cry Pretty song honored) ,appearance on Robin Robert's Dolly Special and The Jimmy Kimmel Show
Nov. 13 - CMAs ( hosting with Dolly and Reba), also on Ty Bentley radio show in the morning
Nov. 24 - AMAs - accepted award for Fav country female & fav country album (Cry Pretty)
Dec. 3 - appeared on Brad Paisley's Special
Dec 4 - 6 - Calia event in Aspen
Dec 8 - taped Kennedy Center Honors honoring Linda Ronstadt with Blue Bayou & When Will I Be Loved ( air date Dec 15)

Last edited:

rcramer

^^^ Now let me see someone post half of those accomplishments from Garth to even make me believe that he is even worthy of the nomination....

adam1995

She's going to be nominated and they should be going off what happened in the last part of last year and beginning on this year before the virus hit everywhere.

We don't know that. They haven't been kind to her in her career, so I'm not confident in a nomination, I'll be thrilled if they nominate her, but expectations are low. And of course they should be going for what is eligible, which is why the Christmas album wouldn't count.

adam1995

Here is a list of Carrie's qualifications for first half of CMA eligibility (compiled by Maddkat). Keep in mind, the second half of her tour is just one line on this schedule. I don't see how they could ignore her.

uly 2 - Glasgow, Scotland – The SSE Hydro
July 3 - Manchester, England – Manchester Arena
July 4 - London, England – Wembley The SSE Arena , interview on Steven Wright radio show
July 6 - Cavendish Music Festival
July 11 - host Bob Harris radio show BBC2 Radio
July 14 - Calia event in Hamptons
July 19 - Opry (2 shows)
July 20 - Opry ( 2 shows)
Aug 4 - CMAFest on ABC
Aug. 13 - Opry ( 2 shows , brought out Bryan White during first show)
Aug. 16 - Opry (2 shows)
Aug. 18 - Costco Private show benefiting Seattle Children's Hospital
Sept. 8 - SNF opening premiere w/Joan Jett
Sept 10 - Leg 2 of Cry Pretty Tour 360 begins ( ends Oct. 31)
Oct. 3 - The Late Show w/Stephen Colbert (interview & performance)
Oct 16 - CMT Artist of the Year (honoree) ( performed TBC and BA live form tour stop in Cleveland)
Nov. 8 - GMA and co hosting Live w/Kelly & Ryan
Nov. 11 - appears at ASCAP awards to honor Randy Travis ( sings 'Promises')
Nov. 12 - attended BMI Awards ( Cry Pretty song honored) ,appearance on Robin Robert's Dolly Special and The Jimmy Kimmel Show
Nov. 13 - CMAs ( hosting with Dolly and Reba), also on Ty Bentley radio show in the morning
Nov. 24 - AMAs - accepted award for Fav country female & fav country album (Cry Pretty)
Dec. 3 - appeared on Brad Paisley's Special
Dec 4 - 6 - Calia event in Aspen
Dec 8 - taped Kennedy Center Honors honoring Linda Ronstadt with Blue Bayou & When Will I Be Loved ( air date Dec 15)

I'm not saying she doesn't deserve a nomination, just that history isn't on our side here. Where were her nominations for 2012 and 2013, and any other great year. My point is, they've only nominated her twice in years she absolutely couldn't be ignored. I feel like they would try to justify leaving her out.

jaymiee

Can't believe we're about to hear noms tomorrow already! Still not over last year I remember the site crashing once Garths name was announced....Lord #LetThereBePeace