Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 CMA Awards

Zach1998

EOTY category looking strong af. Very happy to see BOTH Miranda and Carrie in there. The only one that I think doesn’t really belong is Keith; probably should’ve had Luke B or Blake in there but I like Keith so I’m not that pressed. When’s the last time we saw two women in the nomination for EOTY.

I think they're trying to make up for the lack of female nominees in the EOTY category in the past years, and Miranda seems like the only other candidate for that. If they give it to Carrie this year, I'll be happy but can't help but feel like it'll just be a consolation prize.

When she has still done leaps and bounds worth of work above the others within the eligibility period, it isn’t a consolation prize.

adam1995

Miranda had a new album and a hit song, why shouldn't she be there, probably toured before the pandemic and last part of the year, too? Nobody in the category did any more or less than she did, I mean Keith Urban is the baffling one to me. You guys will say anything to criticize her, damn.

Anyway, Very happy for Carrie. Kept expectations low and was rewarded, lol. Hopefully, they right the wrong from last year, but again won't get my hopes up. The big win for all country music is Garth is gone!

adam1995

Well IMHO it looks like Carrie will finally get her long deserved win... I can see Keith Urban presenting it to her.... YES I'm saying it now...

Keith is nominated, he can't present it to her, what if he won, he'd present to himself?

Miranda isn't the big winner she was in the past, the nominations don't necessarily mean she'll win. I'd look to Luke to be the big winner of the night.

rcramer

Keith is nominated, he can't present it to her, what if he won, he'd present to himself?

Miranda isn't the big winner she was in the past, the nominations don't necessarily mean she'll win. I'd look to Luke to be the big winner of the night.

Yes i realized that after i posted it, so i updated the comments and removed that.....

maddkat

Staff member
The real mystery nom of the day, besides ML in eoty, is Musgraves in fvoty over Kelsea or Carly, like what???

Zach1998

How can Carly Pearce still be considered a 'new' artist?

You can be nominated twice. If you don’t win after the second nomination you’re no longer eligible. You are also no longer eligible if you have 3 or more albums released (she just released her second.) It’s the same way Lauren Alaina was nominated in 2017 despite being around since 2011. Hope Carly pulls through. I’d love to see all the women take the categories.

adam1995

To answer the question earlier about the last time two women were nominated in EOTY (deservingly so) together, was....1979! Barbara Mandrell and Crystal Gayle. Over 40 year, geez, about time it happened again!

hjj

The women will cx each out probably. Because Miranda being part of that group I expect her to have advantage over Carrie. We will see. I have no expectations.

pkslongbeach

Congrats Carrie! This was a surprise! I am just always thrilled that she is part of the whole package. I have no expectation for her this year. She has no real new material to warrant a win. She has been quiet like most have. And her last 2 singles didn't go that far.
ML seems to have the edge for the female vote considering she is nominated multiple times. So when the can vote for ML they always seem to.
I do think that ML and CU will work against each other. And I also think that Carrie and Keith will block each other.
So I just feel like this is a wink to Carrie and promotion for the Xmas album and thats about it.
We may end up with an upset EOTY going to Cooms.
Again, I am just glad she will have a singing spot "Let There Be Peace". And we can move on to enjoy the holidays.
If they did not give EOTY to Carrie last year I just don't see it happening this year. Others are much more aligned for it.
I am just excited that she is still a Top Dog! ha ha ha

pkslongbeach

The House that Made Me is being used prominently in a nationwide commercial right now. It just feels like a push for ML in general is percolating in the background.

Am I a bad person for saying it is going to sting way more if Miranda wins EOTY in comparison to any other nominees? Sorry not sorry but I feel like a lot of people probably feel that way.

Smokyiiis

Am I a bad person for saying it is going to sting way more if Miranda wins EOTY in comparison to any other nominees? Sorry not sorry but I feel like a lot of people probably feel that way.
I feel the same way exactly because I've always thought she deserved entertainer since at LEAST the blown away tour, then the storyteller tour, much less the cry pretty tour so for ML to receive EOTY first would crush me even though I think right after Carrie gets it, Miranda should.

pkslongbeach

It would very much for me. Just because Carrie has done everything to get it for about 10 years now embodying everything the award represents. And Miranda is not even close with any and all considerations for what an EOTY looks like. So it would always be a no for me for ML. But I know a lot of people feel like everyone should be allowed to have it just for showing up. So.... I stayed quiet long ago. And will again....(well, after this! Wink!)

lizcarlo

Happy for Miranda and Carrie. I want Carrie to win. If Miranda does win Ill be happy for her as well.