Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 CMA Awards

Suellen

I really hope Carrie wins EOTY this time; I love Miranda too, but Carrie should have won it last year. I guess it depends on WME again.

Zach1998

Anyone else see Carrie’s tweet earlier today saying “I deserve this.” I literally thought she was referring to the CMA nods. I wish she’d say something bold like that about her nods, she really doesn’t give herself enough credit.

For a split second I thought she was responding to the CMAs and not Cobra Kai...I would’ve loved it sooooo much if she said that to the CMAs but she’ll never do that. Not her personality whatsoever but that would be a great way to stand up for herself (or make voters turn against her more, lol). I love how she was on twitter after noms came out.

FreeCountry22

Like most of us here when she doesn’t win we get frustrated and mad for her, but her dignity and selflessness that comes out of each and every overlook is something I highly enjoy about her. She doesn’t let it stop her. Not everyone loved “Cry Pretty” but she did. She got to produce on it and be very involved and loved the outcome. And at the end of the day I think she grows more and more humble. She was never promised the life she has, but American Idol gave her these choices. She has a wonderful family that I’m sure others envy, and when people think Reba or Dolly their first thoughts probably aren’t “I wonder how many awards they’ve won” they just ARE the legends and Carrie has the legend status in the bag.

CARRIE IS A TRAILBLAZER!! She has kicked down the door of the chauvinistic bro country hierarchy... Garth threw in the towel because he knew what was coming..Yes Carriefans we all know that Miranda is going to win this award.. But she will acknowledge that Carrie Underwood is the only reason she was even nominated... History will Crown Carrie as ENTERTAINER OF FOREVER... All Carriefans rejoice in the fact that OUR GIRLS talent and determination probably has saved Country music from itself... CHEERS

Zach1998

^ nah I see either Carrie winning or the votes will get split between the two and one of the guys will win. I feel like the CMAs are going to try to make it up after last years backlash, so even though Miranda is on WME I still see a large number of the voters going with Carrie.

carrieidol1

I don’t see Miranda winning, I think Carrie has a much better shot.

That said, I think Luke Combs might take it after all, but Carrie’s snub is still relevant, and she has been a huge part of the organization for the last twelve years. There’s obviously a ton of support behind Carrie, and to add I think a win at the ACMs could really gain her momentum come voting time for the CMAs. A strong case can be made for Carrie, and she may benefit from the “backlash” of 11/13. It’s hard to tell, and I think Miranda poses a threat more so in the possibility of splitting votes; Carrie won’t be getting as many female votes as last time, naturally, so that will work against her - and Miranda, too.

2020 is so up in the air, it’s anyone’s guess. If there was a year in which the CMAs could “make it right”, it’s 2020, because 2019 is largely being considered, or should be, anyway, but also because 2020 wasn’t an entertainer’s year, it’s just incredibly hard to measure.

Anyway, I think Carrie has a real shot, but I’m fully prepared to hear Eric or Luke named EOTY, and they too are deserving nominees. The category, for once, looks like it should. Five true top performers and entertainers who’ve all had massively successful recent album eras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FreeCountry22

I assume they are following the same criteria as normal? Be nice if it was tweaked to accommodate the times we are in and encourage voters to look at broader spectrums of what is an “EOTY” instead of a ‘touring award’ as many like to believe it to be.

FreeCountry22

I don’t see Miranda winning, I think Carrie has a much better shot.

That said, I think Luke Combs might take it after all, but Carrie’s snub is still relevant, and she has been a huge part of the organization for the last twelve years. There’s obviously a ton of support behind Carrie, and to add I think a win at the ACMs could really gain her momentum come voting time for the CMAs. A strong case can be made for Carrie, and she may benefit from the “backlash” of 11/13. It’s hard to tell, and I think Miranda poses a threat more so in the possibility of splitting votes; Carrie won’t be getting as many female votes as last time, naturally, so that will work against her - and Miranda, too.

2020 is so up in the air, it’s anyone’s guess. If there was a year in which the CMAs could “make it right”, it’s 2020, because 2019 is largely being considered, or should be, anyway, but also because 2020 wasn’t an entertainer’s year, it’s just incredibly hard to measure.

Anyway, I think Carrie has a real shot, but I’m fully prepared to hear Eric or Luke named EOTY, and they too are deserving nominees. The category, for once, looks like it should. Five true top performers and entertainers who’ve all had massively successful recent album eras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be awesome if Miranda Would throw her support to Carrie despite also being nominated, but could backfire and people think aww that’s so nice of her and vote ML

^ nah I see either Carrie winning or the votes will get split between the two and one of the guys will win. I feel like the CMAs are going to try to make it up after last years backlash, so even though Miranda is on WME I still see a large number of the voters going with Carrie.

Well I do hope your right... She has earned this award 10 times over because not only is she the most talented she has worked so hard on becoming an incredible entertainer and songwriter... I’m just so proud to be her fan!! She is an incredible role model for anyone that has kindness in their heart!!

Smokyiiis

Do you honestly believe those voters are gonna make up for their choices from prior years? Do you really think that they THINK they were wrong? I do not. I think their minds don’t work like that. I wish to God that Carrie would win this award as I think she has very much deserved it! But do I think the voters will give it to her for that reason. He’ll no. These are the same voters.....they have not changed. I refuse to get my hopes up again. Don’t even think I want to watch. No Brad. No Carrie hostess with the mostest. I honestly think even she gave up hosting like she did on those voters getting it right. She just has an endless supply of CLASS to never show it.

Smokyiiis

Oh and Miranda is going all out on Instagram. So I don’t think she will try and sway voters in another direction.

Zach1998

Do you honestly believe those voters are gonna make up for their choices from prior years? Do you really think that they THINK they were wrong? I do not. I think their minds don’t work like that. I wish to God that Carrie would win this award as I think she has very much deserved it! But do I think the voters will give it to her for that reason. He’ll no. These are the same voters.....they have not changed. I refuse to get my hopes up again. Don’t even think I want to watch. No Brad. No Carrie hostess with the mostest. I honestly think even she gave up hosting like she did on those voters getting it right. She just has an endless supply of CLASS to never show it.

Are you not aware of the backlash the CMAs received last year? They were literally the laughing stock, and looked completely stupid after last years show. That was the first time there was ever an uproar after a shows results were announced in recent history. Tons of media outlets were reporting on it, even people who aren’t really aware of the country world heard about it. You don’t think they are going to try to do damage control try to clean up their name and right the wrong they did last year. I do. They might not and might stick to their old ways, but I think they want to try to keep their name and not be a laughing stock with the public again. As for Miranda, going all out is a bit dramatic. She legit made one post thanking the CMAs for nominating her, which every artists does. Carrie would have done the same thing as well, but she isn’t too fond of the CMAs right now (and rightfully so.) When she was nominated last year she made the same post Miranda did thanking the CMAs for the nominations.

rcramer

Like most of us here when she doesn’t win we get frustrated and mad for her, but her dignity and selflessness that comes out of each and every overlook is something I highly enjoy about her. She doesn’t let it stop her. Not everyone loved “Cry Pretty” but she did. She got to produce on it and be very involved and loved the outcome. And at the end of the day I think she grows more and more humble. She was never promised the life she has, but American Idol gave her these choices. She has a wonderful family that I’m sure others envy, and when people think Reba or Dolly their first thoughts probably aren’t “I wonder how many awards they’ve won” they just ARE the legends and Carrie has the legend status in the bag.

What a great post.... I have to 100% agree with the whole sentiment.....She leads her life by strength in faith and the almighty.. I love the fact that she did exactly what her mother had hoped for, that American Idol or success would not change who she is... That she has done....

rcramer

I would also really like to know what all Luke Combs has done besides his music? Did his tours if he had one, even do well? Better than Carrie? Has he really been in the industry long enough to warrant EOTY at this time??

Carrie and Eric I would assume have the best shot..... And I really don't know much about Eric either..

Is Luke with WME?

I feel like there is still a large distinction between the voters and the actual show/the heads of the show itself. I think the show will want to do damage control, but I kind of doubt the politicized voters really care about fixing last year's wrong doings if that makes sense. A lot will still just do the normal block voting, and I guess everyone else will just vote for who they want to. I also think we going to be fooling ourselves/ getting our hopes up if we think Miranda is going to support Carrie before the CMAs like she did last year...let's be real here, she is going to want to win it. I thought of how ridiculously hard she campaigned for and wanted the 2015 ACM EOTY so that is kind of an indication.

maddkat

Staff member
Are you not aware of the backlash the CMAs received last year? They were literally the laughing stock, and looked completely stupid after last years show. That was the first time there was ever an uproar after a shows results were announced in recent history. Tons of media outlets were reporting on it, even people who aren’t really aware of the country world heard about it. You don’t think they are going to try to do damage control try to clean up their name and right the wrong they did last year. I do. They might not and might stick to their old ways, but I think they want to try to keep their name and not be a laughing stock with the public again. As for Miranda, going all out is a bit dramatic. She legit made one post thanking the CMAs for nominating her, which every artists does. Carrie would have done the same thing as well, but she isn’t too fond of the CMAs right now (and rightfully so.) When she was nominated last year she made the same post Miranda did thanking the CMAs for the nominations.
lol, they've been a laughing stock for years. TIn 2009 they gave ts a vocalist award over Carrie, Martina and Reba. In 2010 they nominated 3 opening acts for EOTY. That's just a few bizarre things they've done. Yeah they don't care what anyone thinks of them. For them EOTY is a man's award. Period.

pkslongbeach

I am just realizing that this is the first year after Carries step-down as Host.
That may work two ways for her: 1-voters may say "farewell" and give her the vote as a support and thanks to the past. - 2-They may be glad to see her gone and put all energy into ML as the female in the group.
I am still leaning toward Combs (which I think is ridiculous) but if they suddenly have a change of heart and decide it is time for a woman, they are going to go with ML. I have no doubt about that.

Do we know if the show is going to be live in a theater? I kind of doubt it. I think it is still going to have to be taped with video clips.
I am glad that the first year after Carrie hosting is going to be an "off" year. It just allows less comparison to when she was host and the Top of the World!
This will also allow her to create a really nice Holiday Video of Let There Be Peace

Smokyiiis

Going all out?! Her team just put up what her nominations are.

not sure why you are calling me out on something that’s quite obvious just by a quick review of ML posts and her friends. What I saw already if not just the team putting up nominations. Thanks