Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 CMA Awards

rcramer

Honestly, I think this will work. Darius isn't a bad actor, so he should be able to deliver a joke, and of course we know Reba is the Queen of hosts (and country). Also, I love how Reba just jumped from the ACMs to the CMAs, lol.

Reba hand Carrie EOTY!

YES!! From one queen to the other....

CU4ever

I would have preferred Reba and Dolly or Reba and Brad, but hopefully this is good. No one can compare to Carrie and Brad though.

bigd79

I will so miss Carrie and Brad doing this show together, and since we all knew she said she was taking a hiatus from hosting, the fact that we get 2 people i respect a heck of alot in the industry, im ok with this news. And im sooooo glad its not Thomas and Kelsea. I just dont see them as the right fit for the CMA’s.

Here’s hoping Carrie and Brad retun someday down the road, which i think they will. But I doubt it will happen for at least 5 years, maybe even 10 or so.

Josh

I will so miss Carrie and Brad doing this show together, and since we all knew she said she was taking a hiatus from hosting, the fact that we get 2 people i respect a heck of alot in the industry, im ok with this news. And im sooooo glad its not Thomas and Kelsea. I just dont see them as the right fit for the CMA’s.

Here’s hoping Carrie and Brad retun someday down the road, which i think they will. But I doubt it will happen for at least 5 years, maybe even 10 or so.

That's what I was thinking. Maybe 10 years later they'll reunite again. But, 5 years will be her 20 year anniversary in the industry, so that could be big also. I miss them, too.

Recently I just started listening to Brad's music and it really isn't that bad. I used to think he was just some irrelevant guy trying to stay relevant by latching on to the popular women in country. Dolly, Carrie, Taylor, Kellie, even Demi Lovato lol. But, was watching the Opry performances with Carrie and he seems like a humble guy just trying to live life and make country music. Lol, now I wish he was back as a host haha.

But, it's nice to see a country legend and a black artist next in line. Hope they do well and maybe return in the upcoming years as hosts.

liz278

I think they will do a good job. But I don't think I will watch it. If they happen to give Carrie the EOTY, I might just turn it on.

carriecountrystar

That's what I was thinking. Maybe 10 years later they'll reunite again. But, 5 years will be her 20 year anniversary in the industry, so that could be big also. I miss them, too.

Recently I just started listening to Brad's music and it really isn't that bad. I used to think he was just some irrelevant guy trying to stay relevant by latching on to the popular women in country. Dolly, Carrie, Taylor, Kellie, even Demi Lovato lol. But, was watching the Opry performances with Carrie and he seems like a humble guy just trying to live life and make country music. Lol, now I wish he was back as a host haha.

But, it's nice to see a country legend and a black artist next in line. Hope they do well and maybe return in the upcoming years as hosts.

LOL. Brad Paisley isn't some irrelevant guy haha. he's won tons of awards from CMA and ACM. Kellie Pickler and Demi Lovato aren't even half as close to his accomplishments lol. At his peak, he was dominating the award shows constantly. He had 4 male vocalists awards from CMA and entertainer of the year CMA.

Brad isn't on top now but he's definitely made his mark in country music and won male vocalists several years in a row unlike the male vocalists now with them constantly rotating who's on top every year.

simonplay

CMA Country Music
@CountryMusic
#CMAawards PERFORMERS!
@Reba
McEntire with
@DariusRucker
, Darius feat.
@LadyA
@GabbyBarrett_feat. @CharliePuth
@EricChurch
@LukeCombs
@FLAGALine
@MirandaLambert
@AshleyMcBryde
@MarenMorris
@RascalFlatts
and
@ThomasRhett
feat. Reba,
@HillaryScottLA
&
@ChrisTomlin
!!

abbeyjones18

I'm pretty sure that the CMA already confirmed that there would be no live audience, so it could work with just the artists sitting 6 feet (or more) apart. Also, they probably have covid-19 protocols in place (they would be stupid not to, lol!). Maybe they would have a virtual option?

abbeyjones18

Probably saving the big guns for last, lol. I wonder if Carrie is involved in the Charley Pride tribute...I haven't seen anything about that yet.

Back whenever Carrie had her interview with Cody Alan for CMT Hot 20 after My Gift came out she said it'll be nice to be able to go and celebrate another year in country music after he asked about not hosting this year and said about her noms...obviously that was over a month ago and a lot could have changed since then but that kind of makes it seem like she would at least attend.

adam1995

There's still a few days. They've announced performances week of before, I believe. I'd be shocked if she didn't perform, but would kind of understand after what the voters did to her last year.