Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 CMA Awards

Zach1998

lol, they've been a laughing stock for years. TIn 2009 they gave ts a vocalist award over Carrie, Martina and Reba. In 2010 they nominated 3 opening acts for EOTY. That's just a few bizarre things they've done. Yeah they don't care what anyone thinks of them. For them EOTY is a man's award. Period.

Yeah but have any of those things you listened caused such an uproar to the public as last years show did? No. That’s the point I’m making. If the backlash last year didn’t happen, I may agree, but it did and that was one of the first times the CMAs experienced a backlash to that extent.

adam1995

Yeah but have any of those things you listened caused such an uproar to the public as last years show did? No. That’s the point I’m making. If the backlash last year didn’t happen, I may agree, but it did and that was one of the first times the CMAs experienced a backlash to that extent.

I'll remain skeptical until we actually see results.

maddkat

Staff member
The public in general wasn't that upset last year. Carrie fans were and very vocal ,so that got a lot press.

June11

Mirlansa Lambrrt isn't the only EOTY who didn't have the biggest year but in typical fashion....of course it's the female.who gets called out.

Countryfan2448

https://tasteofcountry.com/2020-cma...vL2DJ-Xj-dxiEmyofHy8tSk1IOYfw0T4jbimSoG0_ap-M

It's going to be essential personnel only at the 2020 CMA Awards. One day after revealing the nominations for the Nov. 11 show, the Country Music Association shares that fans will not be allowed inside the venue.It's still not clear what venue it is, however, or where the CMA Awards will be broadcast from this year. The Nashville show is typically staged at the Bridgestone Arena in downtown Nashville, but no announcement has been made to indicate that will be the CMAs' home once again. News that tickets will not be sold to the general public makes hosting the 2020 show in such a large venue unnecessary, and perhaps cost-prohibitive. The CMA's CEO Sarah Trahern shared this news in a letter to members on Tuesday morning, shortly after Miranda Lambert and Luke Combs were revealed to be the most nominated artists at the 2020 CMA Awards. Lambert is nominated in every category she's eligible for, while Combs is up for Entertainer of the Year, Male Vocalist, Single and Song of the Year (twice)./QUOTE]

"We understand this news is disappointing, but know the adjustment is necessary in order to provide the safest possible environment for all involved," Trahern writes in her letter.The 2020 CMA Awards air on ABC at 8PM ET on Nov. 11. Hosts have yet to be announced, but per Trahern, that will change in a matter of weeks, and there will be more than one host.
In addition to Combs and Lambert, Carrie Underwood, Eric Church and Keith Urban round out the Entertainer of the Year category for 2020. Of that group only Urban has won the award previously. Maren Morris, Dan + Shay and Carly Pearce are among the most nominated singers, as well. No performers for the show have been announced.
Remember: The best way to watch the 2020 CMAs is on TV, with ToC on your phone!

^nah, I would say that it is more so because out of all the nominees, her being nominated hurts Carrie more than anyone else who is nominated...WME, already being favored, cancelling Carrie out, etc.

June11

^nah, I would say that it is more so because out of all the nominees, her being nominated hurts Carrie more than anyone else who is nominated...WME, already being favored, cancelling Carrie out, etc.

Why do we still have faith in these awards to do the right thing? It's been proven to be nothing but back door politics and a dirtty game.

carrieidol1

Anyone here good at making montage videos? I think this would be a great time to get a new FYC video for Carrie, a montage of HD clips from the CP360 Tour, CMA 2019, SB and DL music videos, clips from Carrie’s appearances in 2019 and 2020, something about the book and app, etc...

I’ve seen absolutely amazing ones done before - Carrie and her team may very well not campaign, understandably, but the fans can create some buzz! Just an idea, wish I knew how to make something like that... but I know there are Carrie fans who can!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^I know Seth (nowimchanged) on Twitter who last year made the really nice list of her accomplishments made a more creative design FYC picture for this year...I’m useless with that type stuff though!

rcramer

^^ You got that right, and not to mention two of the best in the industry when it comes to true entertainers...

It sure has been great following both of these ladies throughout their careers and have always blown me away with their voices and to tell a story through their music... Not to mention awesome concerts.. I can see why they are queens and why the torch was passed down rightfully in succession....

Nice words coming from the Queen herself.... Carrie has worked her butt off and has been since she left the AI stage......

maddkat

Staff member
@CountryMusic
23s
DRUMROLL PLEASE! We are thrilled to announce your hosts, together for the first time for this year's LIVE #CMAawards on Wednesday, Nov. 11th… none other than Country Music superstars @reba McEntire and @dariusrucker!!
1f3c6.png

DaisyTweets

First of all, I don't think I'd put Darius is the superstar category! And not sure how this combo will mesh together. But its certainly better than Rhett and Ballerini.

And, I'm so gonna miss Carrie & Brad.

I am glad they went with them rather than someone younger as a replacement for Brad and Carrie. Won't seem like it is a "competition" then.

adam1995

Honestly, I think this will work. Darius isn't a bad actor, so he should be able to deliver a joke, and of course we know Reba is the Queen of hosts (and country). Also, I love how Reba just jumped from the ACMs to the CMAs, lol.

Reba hand Carrie EOTY!