Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 CMA Awards

Overall, it seems as though Miranda’s tide has turned with the award shows just basing it off of the past few years, but I could see Bluebird winning something. Considering she didn’t win entertainer when she was winning female for how many freaking years in a row in addition to a bunch of other awards, she might not be one who wins ever. It seems as though she is always kind of on low key tours that blend together with relatively average attendance, so I think that’ll definitely hurt her when it comes to entertainer (like it probably has in the past). I would rather have some one who has never won before win entertainer though, and if Miranda were to hypothetically win I could see her acknowledging Carrie somehow.

simonplay

How is Miranda overdue for an EOTY? TBQH, she never even deserved a nomination because her tour numbers/ album sales/ overall visibility was never enough to make it to the top 5.

Exactly! The reported tour numbers by Billboard last year or early this year were awful.. her album sold like 45k first week, she just have Bluebird, she is not even close to win Entertainer but with WME you never know..

sco

Honestly I'd be fine if they just cancel the awards this year. Nobody toured, production schedules and release schedules were all messed up, etc. Id love to see them do a music showcase, maybe even a fundraiser, and just forego they awards part of the show. Maybe its just me because thats the part of the show I care the least about anyway. I do think they owe Brad and Carrie something symbolic for 11 and 12 years of service.

adam1995

I thought I read something about a record... never mind. But still, Garth actually had a big year relatively speaking, so of all the years since 2017, this year would actually make sense for a nomination, whereas the past few years - not so much. That’s all I was trying to say....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did he even have a song out during eligibility? Seems he released no music, and that should be counted towards a nomination. He hasn't earned it in my opinion. By these metrics Reba might as well be nominated, she's in the top ten (more than Garth can say currently), has another collaboration with Caylee Hammack, and is releasing and older album later this year. I'd like to see a legacy EOTY, for her especially next year after she tours.

Now, obviously she won't be nominated and that'd be silly to even think she would, about as crazy as Garth being justified in there.

rcramer

I just can’t. To the people that think this egotistical (has been) man deserves a nomination. His last pr stunt has done me in...

Did he even have a song out during eligibility? Seems he released no music, and that should be counted towards a nomination. He hasn't earned it in my opinion. By these metrics Reba might as well be nominated, she's in the top ten (more than Garth can say currently), has another collaboration with Caylee Hammack, and is releasing and older album later this year. I'd like to see a legacy EOTY, for her especially next year after she tours.

Now, obviously she won't be nominated and that'd be silly to even think she would, about as crazy as Garth being justified in there.

Did you all hear about his proposed entertainer award he was trying to get approved? (Your legacy comment reminded me.) It was an entertainer of the year award for the older generation of people like him the Grandpa lol. I didn’t know until recently that he’s actually a Grandpa which surprised me. However it did not get approved and it isn’t happening, but that’s one of the most pathetic concepts I’ve ever heard. It seems as though he was trying to create the award for himself essentially.

Garth is removing himself from contention for EOTY...interesting. Hopefully he has undergone some type of realization about all of that bull crap.

My take from the outside looking in....This is other than SWIFTY the most egotistical self promoting artist in the history of Country music..This move stamps his name on this award forever and he knows it... Every time someone wins this award it will be said they won because Garth took himself out of the running... For me the really important thing is that it’s gonna be A VERY CARRIE CHRISTMAS! CHEERS

carrieidol1

The thing is, in 2020 specifically we’re in uncharted territory. There isn’t touring and really not much in terms of music released; many artists who might’ve planned 2020 releases are postponing. Anyway, fact of the matter is that Garth has stood out this year on social media; doing almost weekly concerts and “conferences” as well as a TV special, etc. I follow his social media along with pretty much all the contenders and he by far has done the most with what he could this year.

Look, I’m not sitting here trying to make a case for Garth. But there definitely is a case to be made for him this year, more than the past few years. I don’t want him to win or be nominated, but if he were this year, even considering last year it wouldn’t be unjustified.

maddkat

Staff member
^ yeah you are

the eligibility year runs from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020

lots of artist did lots of stuff before the quarantine. Even after quarantine Brad & Keith have done more then garth. He's is not the end all to be all.

Zach1998

How is Miranda overdue for an EOTY? TBQH, she never even deserved a nomination because her tour numbers/ album sales/ overall visibility was never enough to make it to the top 5.

Miranda tours every year vs Carrie's every three years, of course Carrie will have stronger tour numbers because she doesn't come as often thus builds anticipation. Would you say the same about Carrie even though she hasn't been selling out stadiums like Eric, Luke, Jason, Garth, etc? No. Her album sales over the past five years have actually been very close to Carrie's. They're actually pretty awesome given the lack of radio success she's had over the past 5ish years. Everybody is seeing diminished sales numbers due to streaming becoming larger, and Carrie's next album will reflect that. The only reason CP sales are so massive is because of the bundle. For example, when I got the album I received 4 copies due to me buying tickets. Had there been no bundle I would have bought 1 copy of it. The same concept goes for other casual fans as well. In addition to her solo projects she has an animal shelter and her own boot line and makes side projects with the Pistol Annies. Like I said she's not as overdue as Carrie, but if that man can win after not doing anything I'd say Miranda should win at least once before it's all said and done. Feel free to disagree, but to diminish her success and act like she's done nothing is false.

carrieidol1

^ yeah you are

the eligibility year runs from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020

lots of artist did lots of stuff before the quarantine. Even after quarantine Brad & Keith have done more then garth. He's is not the end all to be all.

Okay but he’s not an unreasonable choice and definitely a viable top 5 contender. That’s all. Jeeeeeeeeeeesus can’t say anything around here anymore.

I think there are just a lot of lingering frustrations (rightfully so) with both Miranda and Garth taking awards from Carrie when it appeared that she was the obvious winner. I’ve seen Miranda in concert and like her for the most part so I’m not getting involved in if she is or isn’t deserving of EOTY (although I still think she would have won by now if she was going to win when her year after year after year wins were in full force). I also think people would feel differently about Garth this year if he wasn’t flat-out arrogant and obnoxious last year, and those feelings have been heightened by his latest shenanigans. It just feels like he’s lying about everything such as how bothered he is still.

Zach1998

I think there are just a lot of lingering frustrations (rightfully so) with both Miranda and Garth taking awards from Carrie when it appeared that she was the obvious winner. I’ve seen Miranda in concert and like her for the most part so I’m not getting involved in if she is or isn’t deserving of EOTY (although I still think she would have won by now if she was going to win when her year after year after year wins were in full force). I also think people would feel differently about Garth this year if he wasn’t flat-out arrogant and obnoxious last year, and those feelings have been heightened by his latest shenanigans. It just feels like he’s lying about everything such as how bothered he is still.

That's definitely the issue imo. The only reason I make an argument for Miranda is unlike Garth, all those years she won when she didn't deserve it she wasn't arrogant about it. She knew Carrie deserved a lot of those more than her, hence why she would mention her in literally every acceptance speech almost. It's just after seeing how big of an advocate she's been for Carrie you think people would go a little easier on her. Like, last year when she was so outspoken about Carrie deserving EOTY that was all across headlines. If you actually go back and look when she started being so outspoken about it, it was literally within a couple of weeks of when the final ballot closed, therefore trying to make it be hot on voters minds while they were voting. Someone like that should be looked at as an ally imo.

^and if Garth had at least said something along the lines of “hey, Carrie had a career-defining tour and would’ve been a deserving winner” or something like Miranda would always say, this whole situation would be somewhat different. I do think things are better in terms of the Miranda vs Carrie “rivalry”, and now everyone is more focused on Garth instead (but that’s his own stupid fault because of his own personality, speech, etc).

CU4ever

I'm disappointed so many fellow artists have Blake Shelton's mentality. It's why Carrie will never win the award.

"He is Garth Brooks. GARTH BROOKS!!! I don’t give a **** what anyone says. ANYONE. Entertainer of the century."

[FONT=&quot]https://twitter.com/blakeshelton/status/1288512904682250241?s=20

[/FONT]

monkeyboy16

Yup 100% true. I remember watching the live stream red carpet and the guy interviewed Thomas Rhett about his choice for EOTY. And the response was like “come on, of course it’s Garth.” They don’t care what he’s done in the care, they care about who he is and his legacy. It’s how George Straight won a few years back. It’s BS

monkeyboy16

And I’m sure Blake’s response would be different if he was actually nominated along with Garth after a massive tour lol.

I appreciate that Luke Bryan stuck up for Carrie