Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 CMT Awards

CU4ever

Honestly, though, I'd be surprised if there is any traditional award shows this year. Unless there's a vaccine as soon as possible, they will probably all be the way every special has been this year.

I was just coming here thinking the same thing. And honestly, maybe some shows can pull off the remote thing, but I don't think CMTs can. It tanked the ratings for American Idol and the Voice's final episodes, I just don't see people being as excited

nycoellenovack

Honestly, though, I'd be surprised if there is any traditional award shows this year. Unless there's a vaccine as soon as possible, they will probably all be the way every special has been this year.
So with the 2020 CMT Awards we might not able to vote for our favorite videos

So let’s discuss our votes if you want to

My votes
Carrie video featuring Runaway June:
Southbound

Basically all Tanya Tucker videos:
The Wheels Of Laredo
Hard Luck with Brandi Carlile and Shooter Jennings
The House That Built Me
Bring My Flowers Now
Delta Dawn from last year’s CMT Awards

Last edited:

cmuf2011

Freeze wait why won’t we be allowed to vote for our favorite videos?

Granted it’ll be different ie no voting during the show, and voting ending earlier

But last time I checked you vote for Cmt awards online which you can do at home in your pajamas

maddkat

Staff member

My votes
Southbound

The Wheels Of Laredo
The House That Built Me
Bring My Flowers Now

How else are they going to determine the winners from what they tout as the only fan voted award show?

adam1995

My votes
Southbound

The Wheels Of Laredo
The House That Built Me
Bring My Flowers Now

I never said that. There is no reason we won't be able to vote for the videos, unless the show is cancelled. Which I'm not saying will happen. I'm saying the show likely will not have hosts or performances like we are used to.

nycoellenovack

I never said that. There is no reason we won't be able to vote for the videos, unless the show is cancelled. Which I'm not saying will happen. I'm saying the show likely will not have hosts or performances like we are used to.
Sorry I misunderstood you. I have high affection autism and sometimes I don’t read between the lines.

nycoellenovack

I hope CMT give nominees if they doing it this year to those videos

Tanya Tucker videos:

The Wheels Of Laredo
The House That Built Me
Bring My Flowers Now

But I know for sure CMT will give Carrie’s video Southbound featuring Runaway June a nomination

*Sorry guys I keep talking about the same thing over and over again. I’m so excited about the CMT Awards this years!*

^I think the 14th, but if it ends up being some type of virtual award show I could see them just ditching it this year. I feel like they would lose money by not having the fans in the audience regardless. The vast majority of people don't give a crap about the CMT Awards.

CU4ever

CMTs taking place October 21st.

"The 2020 CMT Music Awards, featuring outdoor performances in and around Nashville, will now air Wednesday, Oct. 21 at 8/7c across MTV, MTV2, Logo, Paramount Network, Pop TV and TV Land. The ceremony was originally slated for Wednesday, Oct. 14."

It is extremely easy to vote, you literally just have to enter an email and wait three seconds in between each vote! I hope she wins both.

Zach1998

Everyone make sure you go at this one hard as possible. Last year Luke Combs was very close to edging CU out for video of the year.

CU4ever

I believe last year someone here (I can't remember who?) found a way to kind of track the votes and how much everyone was getting. Can we count on that this year?