Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Grammys

maddkat

Staff member
timeline is out

Oct. 1, 2018—Aug. 31, 2019 Product Eligibility Period
June 24—July 8, 2019 First-Round Online Entry Process Access Period
July 17—Aug. 2, 2019 Final-Round Online Entry Process Access Period
Sept. 25—Oct. 10, 2019 First-Round Voting
Nov. 20 , 2019 -- Nominations Announcement
Dec. 9, 2019—Jan. 3, 2020 Final-Round Voting
Jan. 26, 2020 62nd Annual GRAMMY Awards Telecast

maddkat

Staff member
what we know so far that Carrie submitted

Song of the Year and Record of the Year, Love Wins

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance: If I Can Dream (From The NBC Elvis All-Star Tribute)

simonplay

^ me either! The worst thing is that she is not going to perform for the third consecutive year... at least that Drinking Alone become a huge hit and they invite Carrie to perform anyway.

Farawayhills

"Love Wins" obviously means a lot to Carrie. But I'm afraid I can't really see it as Grammy Song or Record of the Year material (but then Grammy predictions are often notoriously wide of the mark)

Carrie only had a small part in the Elvis tribute - but she certainly outshone the two guys who followed her (who even managed to make Blake Shelton look good!)

For me, one of the big disappointments of this era has been that Carrie's co-produced album is probably the best work of her career so far - but so much of the strongest and most interesting material from it (with the exception of the title track) has had relatively little exposure, outside her personal fan following.

As far as the Grammys go, I'm expecting recognition for the Highwomen, and also for Tanya Tucker's first album of mainly new material for seventeen years (Brandi Carlile, who seems deservedly at a career peak at present, was heavily involved in both projects)

Farawayhills

(correction: Tanya's release did make the eligibility cut off - but the Highwomen's album came out in early September, so would have to wait for the following year)

teesharky

what we know so far that Carrie submitted

Song of the Year and Record of the Year, Love Wins

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance: If I Can Dream (From The NBC Elvis All-Star Tribute)

Hopefully she submitted something more than SB in country. She can submit a non single like Spinning Bottles etc.

teesharky

^ me either! The worst thing is that she is not going to perform for the third consecutive year... at least that Drinking Alone become a huge hit and they invite Carrie to perform anyway.

agree. The 2019 Grammys were supposed to be Carrie’s big year. Instead she was completely robbed in favor of freaking Kelsea and Kacey etc. it was so depressing.

This year she really only has Southbound or a non single like Spinning Bottles or The Bullet etc. it’s very sad. Umg needs to get more people on that stupid country Grammy committee.

Ever since Grammys changed the rules to small biased committee voting- carrie has gotten screwed.

maddkat

Staff member
agree. The 2019 Grammys were supposed to be Carrie’s big year. Instead she was completely robbed in favor of freaking Kelsea and Kacey etc. it was so depressing.

This year she really only has Southbound or a non single like Spinning Bottles or The Bullet etc. it’s very sad. Umg needs to get more people on that stupid country Grammy committee.

Ever since Grammys changed the rules to small biased committee voting- carrie has gotten screwed.

Yeah , the Grammys going to those committees was the worst thing to happen to them. Now it's just a very small group of people making all the decision instead of the voters. They seem very biased against mainstream music. They're mostly about the small guy without commercial success. It's frustrating as every year the small group has their favorites they champion and someone like Carrie, who critics have always looked down on, is screwed.

adam1995

Her last two singles have not helped her Grammy chances.

"Cry Pretty" the song and album should have had multiple nominations, but LW and "Southbound" aren't Grammy worthy. The album had far better material for that, but can't change it now.

teesharky

Yeah , the Grammys going to those committees was the worst thing to happen to them. Now it's just a very small group of people making all the decision instead of the voters. They seem very biased against mainstream music. They're mostly about the small guy without commercial success. It's frustrating as every year the small group has their favorites they champion and someone like Carrie, who critics have always looked down on, is screwed.

completely agree. I think the names of the committee voters should be publicized. The secrecy and shadiness of the small group of voters is very suspicious. It’s not a good look for the Grammys at all. That small group can be easily bought and pays for too sadly. There should be more people voting like before.

Caio

HITS DAILY DOUBLE - GRAMMY CHEW: RECORD OF THE YEAR

In this installment, we look at the likely nominees for ROTY, as well as a few outliers. We feel it pairs nicely with potato salad.

WILD CARDS

Carrie Underwood , “Love Wins”: This is one Nashville record that may resonate more with Blue State sensibilities than Red, wading as it does into the troubled waters of the gun-control divide. This being heavyweight-champ Underwood, of course, the soaring melody and positive vibes far outweigh the politics.

https://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=318179

maddkat

Staff member
^ nice to see some people out there respecting LW since a large group of Carrie's fans don't

Caio

Did Carrie’s country submissions ever leak yet? We only know her all genre submissions.

At Goldderby’s post about Grammy 2020 submissions:

Carrie Underwood
Love Wins: ROTY, SOTY,(Country Solo Perf, Country Song)
If I Can Dream (From The NBC Elvis All-Star Tribute): Pop Duo/Group Perf

I think they submitted Love Wins in Country Solo Performance and Song

teesharky

Thanks! That’s a better submission choice than Southbound for Grammys as SB is more of a fun party summer radio song than. Critics darling. Lol

maddkat

Staff member
from hits

"Carrie Underwood: Another artist who may get a big CMA springboard, particularly if she wins for Entertainer, Underwood has had something of a renaissance of late and gotten big exposure from TV sports syncs. Her approach to hot-button issues on songs like “The Bullet” and “Love Wins” (up for Country Solo Perf and Song) may also stoke warm feelings from Grammy."