Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Grammys

maddkat

Staff member
Also let's look at it from another angle. Has she released anything Grammy worthy? I do think CP should have been nominated and perhaps CB from the ST era.

Sometimes I think we get caught in the Carrie bubble and forget other artists are out there releasing incredible material too and they also deserve some love.
and then we see non credible songs/artist who are actually nominated/winning because of committees

CarrieAddicted

I'm glad and thankful Carrie debuted way before this new sh1tty and biased commitee took over the Grammys. All of her 7 Grammys were EARNED.

Also, at seven wins, she's already the fourth most-awarded solo female country artist of all time, behind only Dolly (nine), Emmylou (14) and Alison Krauss (27 - though Alison won as a group too and in many genres Carrie couldn't even be nominated for).

She'll eventually and soon pass Dolly.

And in perspective: Dolly's nine wins came during 50+ years. Carrie's seven wins came in just 9 years.
Emmylou's 14 came in 40 years and, like Alison, has been nominated in many genres Carrie couldn't be.

Apparently the Grammys updated their website to prepare for tomorrow and noms have "leaked" due to a loophole in the system but only showing how many noms each person has received, not the actual name of each nom.

CarrieAddicted

Apparently the Grammys updated their website to prepare for tomorrow and noms have "leaked" due to a loophole in the system but only showing how many noms each person has received, not the actual name of each nom.

It's true, I checked that, but when I got to Carrie's page, the whole website was back to normal. LMAO

You just had to do the Maths: how many total career nominations they got with the new noms minus how many they had before.

Many artists' numbers had indeed been updated. Lizzo got 8, Billie Eilish got 6, Beyoncé got 4 and Cardi B got 1 noms for the next Grammys.

And if I remember correctly, Ariana Grande got 5, Lady Gaga got 3, Taylor Swift got 3, Lana Del Rey got 2.

Also, I don't know if when I got to Maren Morris' page the website was back to normal, but if not... She got zero noms.

It's true, I checked that, but when I got to Carrie's page, the whole website was back to normal. LMAO

You just had to do the Maths: how many total career nominations they got with the new noms minus how many they had before.

Many artists' numbers had indeed been updated. Lizzo got 8, Billie Eilish got 6, Beyoncé got 4 and Cardi B got 1 noms for the next Grammys.

And if I remember correctly, Ariana Grande got 5, Lady Gaga got 3, Taylor Swift got 3, Lana Del Rey got 2.

Also, I don't know if when I got to Maren Morris' page the website was back to normal, but if not... She got zero noms.

Yea, I'm a huge Gaga fan along with Carrie, so I first heard about Gaga's possible noms. Apparently she didn't get the AOTY nom that many were predicting. I'd be bummed if she didn't get it.

Also, shocked if Maren didn't get any noms...

pkc4rls

Okay, great. Glad my opinion is less valuable than yours because mine isn't popular.

No your opinion is not less important “Adam”. It is just that you often state your opinion in a very arrogant way - like it is an indisputable fact and only you know the real truth. Oh, you will act like you knew it all along if she doesn’t get nominated. But the problem with that is we won’t know if any song off her album would have gotten nominated.

countrymama22

I’m really not expecting anything tomorrow. Not getting my hopes up anymore. We know what she deserves and she doesn’t get it. If she does get some love I will be so excited though.

Hil

Other people said when the Grammy site updated Carrie's didn't change. Don't expect a nom. Not sure why they didn't submit Spinning Bottles or Low.

teesharky

Such a bummer. We needed something good to happen after CMA bs. Nothing is going our way lately in terms of award shows. Not even the freaking PCAs. Lol Blake somehow won.

maddkat

Staff member
most country song noms... lolllllllllllllllllll
Ashley should win this going away.The others are not worthy.

Bring My Flowers Now, Tanya Tucker
Girl Going Nowhere, Ashley McBryde
It All Comes Out In the Wash, Miranda Lambert
Some of It, Eric Church
Speechless, Dan + Shay

adam1995

No real surprise with the Country song nominees, not a bad bunch, though I'm over "Speechless". Maybe a little bit for IACOITW, but that's it. I'd look to either Tanya or Ashley winning.

maddkat

Staff member
I'm sorry but these noms are bizarro

country solo:
All Your’n
Tyler Childers

Ashley McBryde_artist page
Girl Goin' Nowhere
Ashley McBryde

Willie Nelson
Ride Me Back Home
Willie Nelson

God's Country
Blake Shelton

Bring My Flowers Now
Tanya Tucker

simonplay

This nominations are a mess, with or without Carrie..

Well at least we have the DA music video in some more hours.. lol

Zach1998

These nominations are a hot mess. Only ones i'm happy with is Ashley Mcbryde and also Reba getting a nomination in country album. Was happy to see Miranda Lambert get a nomination, but don't really think that song is deserving of one.