Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Grammys

abbeyjones18

from hits

"Carrie Underwood: Another artist who may get a big CMA springboard, particularly if she wins for Entertainer, Underwood has had something of a renaissance of late and gotten big exposure from TV sports syncs. Her approach to hot-button issues on songs like “The Bullet” and “Love Wins” (up for Country Solo Perf and Song) may also stoke warm feelings from Grammy."

Seriously?!

teesharky

Gosh I hope this is true. Carrie deserves some a Grammy love after the snubs lately due to that new biased committee.

teesharky

That new Grammy country committee hates Carrie it seems so I am
expecting another snub. They totally rejected the album this era and snubbed ST era too. Carrie hasn’t won a Grammy since SITW and I think the rules changed after that win. Carrie gets zero Grammy love now. It’s all about precious Kacey and Maren now. It’s like they are weeding Carrie out to make room fir the new crop. Really sad to see.

txacar

expecting another snub. They totally rejected the album this era and snubbed ST era too. Carrie hasn’t won a Grammy since SITW and I think the rules changed after that win. Carrie gets zero Grammy love now. It’s all about precious Kacey and Maren now. It’s like they are weeding Carrie out to make room fir the new crop. Really sad to see.

I'm surprised UMG didn't submit Low for solo performance. Song doesn't have to be released (remember Oh Love). Very disappointed. I think they really missed the boat on this gorgeous song/performance. Was so sure I would see her perform it on Grammys.

CarrieAddicted

Rumor Mill - WILL THE SECRET COMMITTEE HELP BRING STAR POWER TO THE GRAMMYS?

It’s not the first time we’ve asked this question, but it bears repeating: Given the way new artists are dominating the marketplace at present, will the Grammy Secret Nominating Committee furnish enough top-tier noms to established superstars to ensure said artists will perform on Music’s Biggest Night, upping the likelihood of strong ratings? We’re talking about stars like Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande and Ed Sheeran, several of whom have been seriously (and even serially) snubbed in the past. The word is that this is very much on the radar of the Recording Academy’s forward-looking new leadership. Noms come out Wednesday.

Hope this can help Carrie, who is included on that list, too.

maddkat

Staff member
^ they need to ditch those biased committees. Still not sure what they were thinking with that horrible idea.

Poor Carrie will never win or be nominated again with their bias towards stuff no one listens to

FanSince04

I’m not hating the submissions from Carrie’s team, if those are the actual submissions. I’d have loved for them to submit “Low” and “Spinning Bottles”.

CarrieAddicted

^ they need to ditch those biased committees. Still not sure what they were thinking with that horrible idea.

Poor Carrie will never win or be nominated again with their bias towards stuff no one listens to

Not only Carrie, but all other mainstream artists.

The new committees will only favor lesser-know artists, as a way to elevate them.

maddkat

Staff member
"Love Wins" is not Grammy material, that's why she won't be nominated this year.
That would of course only be your opinion.

if songs like lasts years country song of the year Space Cowboy , or Mean, The Lucky One, Butterfly Kisses for examples can win so could LW.

adam1995

if songs like lasts years country song of the year Space Cowboy , or Mean, The Lucky One, Butterfly Kisses for examples can win so could LW.

If LW was as well written as "Space Cowboy" it could win. Sorry, but LW isn't great. Yes, it's my opinion, but will likely be the opinion of many Grammy voters.

adam1995

That's what they said about "Last Name" too.

That's what they said about "Shake It Off"

That's what they said about several other songs in the past.

But that's what they said (whoever they are). I never said that, I said what I said. I'd be floored if LW is nominated.

CarrieAddicted

Critics will kiss and lick whatever material Kacey and other non-mainstream artists put out. That's always been like that.... they will be very critic of mainstream artists' records, but will hail whatever record lesser-known artists release.

Anyway... l 'll never forget one of the reviews of Play On, when they said "if 'Last Name' can win a Grammy, then 'Temporary Home' can too".

maddkat

Staff member
If LW was as well written as "Space Cowboy" it could win. Sorry, but LW isn't great. Yes, it's my opinion, but will likely be the opinion of many Grammy voters.
again just your opinion , I find it quite insipid myself.
and I never said LW was great.

and it's not Grammy voters making these decisons anymore. Its biased committees. That's why lame songs/artist are winning.

Also let's look at it from another angle. Has she released anything Grammy worthy? I do think CP should have been nominated and perhaps CB from the ST era.

Sometimes I think we get caught in the Carrie bubble and forget other artists are out there releasing incredible material too and they also deserve some love.