Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 ACM Awards

Smokyiiis

Won’t be watching either! Decided that last year when they couldn’t give entertainer solely to Carrie way past due

Smokyiiis

Won’t be watching either! Decided that last year when they couldn’t give entertainer solely to Carrie way past due after that ultimate tour

PRGuy79

I don't know if I can be angry. No artist has received nominations and wins based on releasing Christmas music before, as far as I know. It's always about a country record and its performance on the country charts. So I'm not bothered by this much. She had a good ceremony last time so I can sit one year out. I'm happy to let other female singers come to the front for now.

What other artist has had a Christmas album top both the Country and Christian charts for multiple weeks, place multiple songs from that Christmas album on the top of the Christian and holiday charts?!? What other Country artist was more visible during the eligibility period than Carrie? Nobody. The Entertainer of the Year Category is filled with beer gut men who sat at home during the pandemic in their sweats and belched on the couch. It is infuriating. Completely, obviously sexist. It is a slap in the face to Carrie and must be very hurtful to her and her team - period.

txacar

What other artist has had a Christmas album top both the Country and Christian charts for multiple weeks, place multiple songs from that Christmas album on the top of the Christian and holiday charts?!? What other Country artist was more visible during the eligibility period than Carrie? Nobody. The Entertainer of the Year Category is filled with beer gut men who sat at home during the pandemic in their sweats and belched on the couch. It is infuriating. Completely, obviously sexist. It is a slap in the face to Carrie and must be very hurtful to her and her team - period.

Yes! Like, like, like.

adam1995

You guys act like Carrie won the vote for Entertainer and then threw Thomas in there, because 'they couldn't give it to her alone', lol. They tied, get over it. She won, it should be celebrated, but we want to complain.

rcramer

PRGuy79, you hit the nail on the head.... Between WME and sexism that is all this award show is about....

Sorry Adam1995, have to totally disagree with you. In the history of the ACM's whoever had to split the EOTY award... No one.... Carrie deserved it hands down... No need to split.....

Carrie continues to be robbed by them always..... And no one out there is even on the same level as Carrie vocally and as an entertainer..... Besides Carrie and Dolly who has done more than them this year.... AHHH no one... Sorry this EOTY award is not recognized for the true intent of the award and it should be called out to those clowns that vote every year.....

adam1995

PRGuy79, you hit the nail on the head.... Between WME and sexism that is all this award show is about....

Sorry Adam1995, have to totally disagree with you. In the history of the ACM's whoever had to split the EOTY award... No one.... Carrie deserved it hands down... No need to split.....

Carrie continues to be robbed by them always..... And no one out there is even on the same level as Carrie vocally and as an entertainer..... Besides Carrie and Dolly who has done more than them this year.... AHHH no one... Sorry this EOTY award is not recognized for the true intent of the award and it should be called out to those clowns that vote every year.....

Well statistically ties are extremely rare, so it's not going to happen all the time, but it can happen and it did, and Carrie was the benefactor of it. What if, just what if they had decided to break the tie, do you think Carrie would have won? I don't. Carrie deserved to win last year and she did, whether it was a tie or not. You can all wrong your hands about how unfair it all is, but if the voters decided to go to a run off vote, Carrie may have lost. Be grateful and move on.

rcramer

I don't think is has anything to do with being ungrateful, I think everyone was grateful and happy for her win.. And had they have decided to break the tie, no she would not have because of the pure sexism and she is not a WME artist....

countryfan2006

2009 Carrie won Entertainer by fan vote
2010 Carrie won Entertainer by fan vote and the voters
2020 Carrie won Entertainer by ????? and tied with Thomas Rhett

So don't need to gang up on other people's opinions.

Just be happy that Carrie got something cause she could had got nothing but she didn't the voters liked the Hallelujah with John Legend and i hope the voters will reward it..

maddkat

Staff member
^ nope, she deserved it. They didn't just give it to her because they were forced to. She works much harder then the males and shouldn't have had to share it .

Well statistically ties are extremely rare, so it's not going to happen all the time, but it can happen and it did, and Carrie was the benefactor of it. What if, just what if they had decided to break the tie, do you think Carrie would have won? I don't. Carrie deserved to win last year and she did, whether it was a tie or not. You can all wrong your hands about how unfair it all is, but if the voters decided to go to a run off vote, Carrie may have lost. Be grateful and move on.
Be grateful? lol ,
Carrie deserved it hands down- alone , and I believe if they had had a runoff she would have won easily.

Smokyiiis

Posts2,299Concert Stars
yellow.gif
yellow.gif
yellow.gif
yellow.gif
yellow.gif
yellow.gif
yellow.gif
yellow.gif

I totally agree with this. It was reprehensible for them to split that Eoty award on a year when Carrie was clearly at the top of every statistic by which they claim to make the award in the first place! Not even close.​

adam1995

I don't think is has anything to do with being ungrateful, I think everyone was grateful and happy for her win.. And had they have decided to break the tie, no she would not have because of the pure sexism and she is not a WME artist....

Yes, so be grateful the ACM followed their own rules and kept the tie. Since we don't know the outcome for a two horse race, this was a good outcome.

adam1995

^ nope, she deserved it. They didn't just give it to her because they were forced to. She works much harder then the males and shouldn't have had to share it .

Be grateful? lol ,
Carrie deserved it hands down- alone , and I believe if they had had a runoff she would have won easily.

Of course she deserved it...and she won it, so were going in circles here. She deserves it solo or in a tie. It really makes no sense why people are still upset about her winning even if the win was in a tie. The fact is she received the same amount of votes as Rhett, nothing any of you can do to change it. And you can believe she'd win in a run off, with the industry sexism I don't,and I choose to celebrate her THIRD victory (most of any woman), instead of complain about it.

liz278

"What other artist has had a Christmas album top both the Country and Christian charts for multiple weeks, place multiple songs from that Christmas album on the top of the Christian and holiday charts?!? What other Country artist was more visible during the eligibility period than Carrie? Nobody. The Entertainer of the Year Category is filled with beer gut men who sat at home during the pandemic in their sweats and belched on the couch. It is infuriating. Completely, obviously sexist. It is a slap in the face to Carrie and must be very hurtful to her and her team - period."

Love this! Also didn't her Christmas album sell more than most of the albums put out this year?

I know that we can't always find it, but another thing Carrie did this year was her Apple radio show.

I won't be watching the show.

maddkat

Staff member
Of course she deserved it...and she won it, so were going in circles here. She deserves it solo or in a tie. It really makes no sense why people are still upset about her winning even if the win was in a tie. The fact is she received the same amount of votes as Rhett, nothing any of you can do to change it. And you can believe she'd win in a run off, with the industry sexism I don't,and I choose to celebrate her THIRD victory (most of any woman), instead of complain about it.
Wait what? Who's upset she won?
It's the 'just be grateful' they gave it to her attitude I'm upset about. Like a woman should just be happy the men let her compete at all. Just no. Women are deserving and don't have to be grateful they get any accolades at all.

adam1995

Wait what? Who's upset she won?
It's the 'just be grateful' they gave it to her attitude I'm upset about. Like a woman should just be happy the men let her compete at all. Just no. Women are deserving and don't have to be grateful they get any accolades at all.

No, don't make this me being sexist. We'll stop that right there. I'm saying we should be grateful for her winning, because she won, not because she's a woman that won. Be grateful is a perfectly fine sentiment to have, and people are not grateful enough these days. People are upset that she didn't win alone, and making some argument that she only tied because the ACMs refused to reward her solo, that's simply untrue. She won whether it is solo or in a tie we should appreciate the fact that the artist we wanted to win received the most amount of votes. She won, celebrate, be happy. Period.

Zach1998

I think the "be grateful" statement stems from there's a chance Thomas could have outright won the award, but they tacked her on as a winner as well to avoid backlash. I do think she earned that award many times over Thomas, but the ACMs haven't been a huge fan of Carrie; she hasn't won female their since what 2009 or 2010? She didn't even take it there when she took it at the CMAs in 2016 and 2018.

adam1995

I think the "be grateful" statement stems from there's a chance Thomas could have outright won the award, but they tacked her on as a winner as well to avoid backlash. I do think she earned that award many times over Thomas, but the ACMs haven't been a huge fan of Carrie; she hasn't won female their since what 2009 or 2010? She didn't even take it there when she took it at the CMAs in 2016 and 2018.

For me "be grateful" is we should be grateful that the voters voted her the Entertainer of the year, 15 years after the start of her career and tens years since her last win. They choose her. The only chance Thomas would have had of outright winning is if the voters only chose between him and Carrie. They chose between 5 people and Thomas didn't outright win, he and Carrie both did. Why do people think either the ACM added her to avoid backlash, or added him because they wouldn't give it to Carrie alone? It can't be both.

Plus, there was a tie in the nominees this year with Vocal Event of the Year. There are 6 nominees, maybe they should have axed one even though it received the 5th most votes as another song?

I'm clearly in the minority but I think it's good she wasn't nominated for an off year. The Christmas album was a side project. She had no tour and no album. The other projects are side projects that are for the "celebrity" and not for the music. Isn't that what these awards are for, the music?

There are so many women in country who get nothing so I appreciate seeing some different names nominated for a change.

Its very telling however there has been no ACM mentions but one about the random Spanish song???