Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 CMAs

bigd79

I think if Carrie was doing a solo tribute of an AJ song i have no doubt she would be doing RW but the pic with the other group of artists make me think it might be some sort of colloboration. Of course it very well could be a medly. Maybe they each have their own song as part of it? Unlikely it would be the full song, but i imagine they each would get around 90 seconds, give or take maybe 15-30. then again maybe they all sing on every part. Or maybe they each have their own part and then sing together at the end. Looking forward to it whichever the case. AJ has always been one of my favorites, he’s one of the first country singers i ever got into back in the early 90s.

adam1995

I think if Carrie was doing a solo tribute of an AJ song i have no doubt she would be doing RW but the pic with the other group of artists make me think it might be some sort of colloboration. Of course it very well could be a medly. Maybe they each have their own song as part of it? Unlikely it would be the full song, but i imagine they each would get around 90 seconds, give or take maybe 15-30. then again maybe they all sing on every part. Or maybe they each have their own part and then sing together at the end. Looking forward to it whichever the case. AJ has always been one of my favorites, he’s one of the first country singers i ever got into back in the early 90s.
I would assume the tribute would similar to the Dolly tribute for the same award a few years back.

monkeyboy16

Anyone else feel like the CMAs are utilizing Carrie in their advertisements more than the usual? She’s like the top name I see on tv, even when it’s like the news anchors on ABC promoting it, and also using The Champion. For some reason, I’m super nervous watching, like in a dread kinda way. I have a feeling EOTY is gonna go to Miranda, who I love, but my heart will break even more for Carrie.

Last edited:

Hil

Anyone else feel like the CMAs are utilizing Carrie in their advertisements more than the usual? She’s like the top name I see on tv, even when it’s like the news anchors on ABC promoting it, and also using The Champion. For some reason, I’m super nervous watching, like in a dread kinda way. I have a feeling ETOY is gonna go to Miranda, who I love, but my heart will break even more for Carrie.
hope Carrie wins. If Miranda wins it's such a joke. I like Miranda too, and people can argue their music, and who has the best album etc, but there is no question who the best Entertainer in country is.

cmuf2011

I’m expecting Stapleton to win cause I can see Carrie and Miranda canceling each other out and Stapleton has the voting power (WME). Obviously I want Carrie to win but I ain’t getting my hopes up

monkeyboy16

The CMAs have been pretty good in recent years about spearing the wealth. So hopefully Miranda and Chris will win in the vocalist categories so Carrie can get entertainer

Reactions: Hil

rcramer

hope Carrie wins. If Miranda wins it's such a joke. I like Miranda too, and people can argue their music, and who has the best album etc, but there is no question who the best Entertainer in country is.
Carrie out of all of them deserves it. She is the real entertainer.. Nothing against Miranda, but her album is not all that…. im seeing a swing to newer ladies like Lainey who happens to be a WME artist too….
Miranda was the WME darling for years. I see the tides changing.

And doesn’t Lainey have like 6 CMA nominations…

countrymusicfan15

She's the first person announced in all the previews I've seen, and unlike others it doesn't upset me. totally happy they use the biggest name in country to promote the show.
Yes!! And it just makes me more excited to watch and see her win!! 🤞🤞🤞

Reactions: Hil

countrymusicfan15

Also, what are we thinking about Vocal Event? Obviously IIDLY is the obvious winner but it kinda worries me that it’s not nominated for Single of the Year or Video of the Year. Hopefully it can still pull off the win though!

monkeyboy16

Also, what are we thinking about Vocal Event? Obviously IIDLY is the obvious winner but it kinda worries me that it’s not nominated for Single of the Year or Video of the Year. Hopefully it can still pull off the win though!
I don’t think it’ll win unfortunately. The CMAs have never been kind to Jason, and with his name in the press for not so good things may hurt him even more. Prob why the song didn’t get song of single of the year.