Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Album 6 Discussion: Writing Has Begun

pklongbeach

It's possible that the talk of time off was a cover for what was going on behind the scenes, The announcement of her label move was sudden - but the move itself was likely to have involved considerable planning and negotiation
Agreed. ITs also quite possible, for someone who is a workaholic and perfectionist like Carrie that "time off" can be weeks before she is back at it. She has never been the type to take too much "down time". She can not sit still that long!

pklongbeach

As for writing; I think Carrie has surrounded herself from the very beginning with very professional, experienced, talented songwriters who know how to walk into a quiet room and pound out the framework to a hit song. It requires every word be placed and purposeful. And it is also quite "methodical". When its done by an experienced writer it "sounds" natural and authentic but is in fact very structured and orderly.

Carrie had no experience. And probably spent a lot of the time in the those sessions listening and learning and trying to be useful. As she has grown I hear her "musical voice" more and more in the music and lyrics. And sometimes it falls a little flat but that's ok. She is growing.... TempHome was a huge breakthrough.

Taylor was a natural talent who sharpened her teeth alone in her bedroom writing and writing and writing, from her own perspective her own voice her own inner musical compass. The fact that professionals came in and turned those simple melodies and lyrics into something bigger than the sum of its parts is part of the magic and evolution of Taylor. Her music was quite simple, so when she said something profound she was called "wise beyond her years". When she added a major7th chord she was brilliant for her age. But what she did best was have the time for her voice and her music to match each other beautifully.

Its just not fair to Carrie to compare the two. Nor is it fair to compare Taylors simplistic writing to people like P.Simon.J.Mitchell,B.Dylan. They are just very different.

I want Carrie to write. But I don't want Carrie and her team to use the approach that other celebrities use of having the big name in all the songs to get more "buzz" and awards for the brand...... I want Carrie to do what every great "singer" does. Find the very best music to sing. And sing it as no one else can....... That is her greatest talent! And she should never be downplayed as a "big voiced singer" but instead one of the great voices in music today. She can do that tomorrow. Or we can spend another five years trying to write a huge hit!

tgbrinker

New Website merch post on facebook - seems to be new fonts and branding. Maybe already gearing up for new era promo?

teesharky

^She has been off since Christmas. Said she has barely dipped her toe into writing but will begin in earnest during or after the playoffs. Now that she's not touring she can take as much time as she needs, but I'm sure she has an obligation of some sort for UMG this year. Look forward to seeing new "stuff" on this thread.

She said she began writing and it's in the early stages but she never said she barely dipped her toe. Am I missing an interview or something? Thanks.

teesharky

Oh gosh i love ya to death Patrick but the thought that Taylor ever said anything " profound" in her Disney tween bubble gum pop writing made me laugh out loud. Haha No offense to you. I just haven't seen a new novel or profound thought or idea in any of her work. It's all been done before and better. And her basic theme in every song is that she is the innocent victim that can never do any wrong. I'll pass on her profound self absorbed wisdom. Lol

As for writing; I think Carrie has surrounded herself from the very beginning with very professional, experienced, talented songwriters who know how to walk into a quiet room and pound out the framework to a hit song. It requires every word be placed and purposeful. And it is also quite "methodical". When its done by an experienced writer it "sounds" natural and authentic but is in fact very structured and orderly.

Carrie had no experience. And probably spent a lot of the time in the those sessions listening and learning and trying to be useful. As she has grown I hear her "musical voice" more and more in the music and lyrics. And sometimes it falls a little flat but that's ok. She is growing.... TempHome was a huge breakthrough.

Taylor was a natural talent who sharpened her teeth alone in her bedroom writing and writing and writing, from her own perspective her own voice her own inner musical compass. The fact that professionals came in and turned those simple melodies and lyrics into something bigger than the sum of its parts is part of the magic and evolution of Taylor. Her music was quite simple, so when she said something profound she was called "wise beyond her years". When she added a major7th chord she was brilliant for her age. But what she did best was have the time for her voice and her music to match each other beautifully.

Its just not fair to Carrie to compare the two. Nor is it fair to compare Taylors simplistic writing to people like P.Simon.J.Mitchell,B.Dylan. They are just very different.

I want Carrie to write. But I don't want Carrie and her team to use the approach that other celebrities use of having the big name in all the songs to get more "buzz" and awards for the brand...... I want Carrie to do what every great "singer" does. Find the very best music to sing. And sing it as no one else can....... That is her greatest talent! And she should never be downplayed as a "big voiced singer" but instead one of the great voices in music today. She can do that tomorrow. Or we can spend another five years trying to write a huge hit!

teesharky

^ tx. That's kind of a bummer. But I understand as the playoffs are important for Mike and Carrie. I would want to be at he games too if I were in her position.

maddkat

Staff member
^ agree

I think we're looking at spring 2018 at the earliest for cd 6.Thats not too bad but fall 2018 will be an excruciating wait!

teesharky

Agree. I can make it to spring 2018 as we would likely get a fall lead single then. But fall 2018 is way too long.

Josh

I like Hillary Lindsey and all, but for some reason I'm tired of her? I think she should maybe get new fresh writers.

Hil

I like Hillary Lindsey and all, but for some reason I'm tired of her? I think she should maybe get new fresh writers.

banning you!!! lol J/K yea, I'm tired of all the hits too. Church bells and dirty laundry were awful ; )

teesharky

^ I love Hilary and she is amazing. I hope she writes a few songs with her for the new album. But I want her to write with some others too, and branch out a bit. She needs to try to collab with some new people just to keep it fresh.

I am still dying to hear some of the songs she wrote with Brandy Clark and Shane McNally (spelling).

Farawayhills

This song is one of my favourites by Hillary. (She cut it on a compilation album for the 4H clubs - but I don't think a major label artist has recorded it since - maybe Carrie could?)

Hil

This song is one of my favourites by Hillary. (She cut it on a compilation album for the 4H clubs - but I don't think a major label artist has recorded it since - maybe Carrie could?)

I love her songs...even when other artists sing them. Such a brilliant song writer.

lizcarlo

I would like Ashley Monroe (FOTF), Lori McKenna (LINLYA) and Morgane Stapleton (DFTRM) to write with Carrie.

Gabeagabe

I love Hillary Lindsey! This is one that I didnt think many people knew about but its absolute gold...I wish it would be released as a single by Carrie..but nonetheless We need more Hillary lol..Although I am biased JAD is my second favorite Carrie song and TBC is number 3.

Josh

I understand Hillary is beyond talented. It's obviously up to Carrie and she seems comfortable with writing with her. But, I just feel like way too many of her hits are written by Hillary and idk, maybe another songwriter should be introduced to the scene. I can't explain it.

Hil

I understand Hillary is beyond talented. It's obviously up to Carrie and she seems comfortable with writing with her. But, I just feel like way too many of her hits are written by Hillary and idk, maybe another songwriter should be introduced to the scene. I can't explain it.

I totally get you. And I don't disagree about her hits being written by Hillary. However normally she has an album full of songs of other people, but Hillary's still get chosen as the singles. I'm sure there are other hits and amazing people out there. Hillary is just a gold mine when it comes to combining with Carrie. Anyway, I do get you and I was just joking with you. She even wrote my personal favorite Lady A song...American Honey.