Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Album 6 Discussion: Writing Has Begun

lolita55

I really did not like the way the singles were chosen or rolled out this era at all.

I don't either Church Bells should have been her first single released, followed by smoke break, dirty laundry and CCA.

Chaser, relapse, clock don't stop and heartbeat should have been released on pop radio, and DL could have been a crossover hit.

pklongbeach

For me it would have likely been:

Runaway Renegade = major video release with the release of the single and a big production number at the first available live show.
Dirty Laundry = major video release with live performance planned
Heartbeat = standard video with a pop show performance with Sam H
Church Bells = concert video to promote tour

(WINKIAW as a slow burn to finish out era)

teesharky

Dirty Laundry definitely got the shaft. Only 1 live performance on a big stage- CMAs. They needed to do it on the AMAs. Still bummed she did not perform that song for the pop cried as they would have liked it.

maddkat

Staff member
I can not tell you how happy I am that RR was never released as a single.
Might be the best thing to happen this era single wise.

carriethequeen

What are your guys thoughts on Carrie working with busbee? He is the "hot producer" right now it seems, as more and more big names are working with him. Lately, his music sounds more pop, although he has a long history of country-sounding material. I hope she works with multiple producers again for the album!

DaisyTweets

I've forgotten did Carrie ever say what she thought would be the first single? I know I remember her saying that she was surprised but supportive of the first single.

txacar

Sirius Velvet is playing Chaser a lot this week. The more I hear it on the radio the more pop it sounds. I love it, but doubt country radio would!!

I think Carrie thought RR would be first but they reversed the order this time. I'm fine with SB being first -- my favorite on the album, along with Chaser.

DazzledByCarrie

What are your guys thoughts on Carrie working with busbee? He is the "hot producer" right now it seems, as more and more big names are working with him. Lately, his music sounds more pop, although he has a long history of country-sounding material. I hope she works with multiple producers again for the album!

Hard pass. There are a lot of other producers, well known and not as well know, that I'd prefer for her to work with. And I actually liked the new guys she brought in for Storyteller (for the most part) and wouldn't mind seeing them brought back for Album 6.

teesharky

^ I loved Jay Joyce in particular on Storyteller. He has a nice touch. I also liked the guy that produced Heartbeat as it was soft production and had that R&B vibe.

HuiZ

I can not tell you how happy I am that RR was never released as a single.
Might be the best thing to happen this era single wise.
Agree!

If they wanted to transition to new sound without alienating fans of her old sound, should have picked Dirty Laundry as lead single.

The combo of Smoke Break and Heartbeat back to back killed the excitement for the album at the start of the era.

Josh

Agree!

If they wanted to transition to new sound without alienating fans of her old sound, should have picked Dirty Laundry as lead single.

The combo of Smoke Break and Heartbeat back to back killed the excitement for the album at the start of the era.

I'm not sure why RR was even a thing. To be honest, Chaser was just as bad imo. I was shocked she would release Chaser in the UK to somehow gain a presence, but it didn't work anyway.. she didn't seem to promote it even a little.

Josh

I liked The Fighter at first, only because it sounded different. But, I don't really like it.. something was off. I would be annoyed if she worked with him. I would like her to maybe work with a bigger producer like Max Martin/Shellback and make something amazing with them. But, idk. The way this last era has been has me not hoping for much, but I can dream.

Farawayhills

As an example of his Contemporary Country work, this is a song busbee co-wrote with Hillary Lindsey and Aimee Mayo (both of the latter also collaborated on Carrie's "Wheel of the World")

busbee co-produced "The Fighter", so he presumably had at least some contact with Carrie for her part in that song.

Speaking personally, I would agree with DazzledByCarrie - I'd prefer a producer like Jay Joyce, who works in a little more Roots and Alternative influence (busbee's recent work with Keith Urban and Maren Morris shows too much Pop influence for my taste). But, that said, I do think he could certainly be in the running for a production role on Carrie's next album - particularly in light of the global aspect mentioned in connection with the move to Universal. His work has had major chart success across the World (including the UK and Japan)

Farawayhills

^ I loved Jay Joyce in particular on Storyteller. He has a nice touch. I also liked the guy that produced Heartbeat as it was soft production and had that R&B vibe.

Heartbeat was one of two songs produced by Zach Crowell (who also produces Sam Hunt - hence the link to that collaboration.) Zach's other Carrie song was "Relapse"

I think it was only fair to include a single from each of the producers - but, personally, his songs weren't my favourites on the album. I certainly admire the steps Carrie was taking to include more personal and intimate songs - but the ones I most admire are LINLYA (a far stronger song than Heartbeat, in my opinion), and, as a different type of personal song, which shows vulnerability and introspection, TGYTIA .