Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol XIII

DizzyDollyDee

Adore Harry and he was so spot on admitting when someone couldn't sing and the other two just kept passing them through when they couldn't sing a note!! Give me some more Harry!!!

maddkat

Staff member
^ I loved when Harry called them for oohing and ahhhing over anyone that did a run! Idol has been doing that for a good 6 years now and it's absurd. That's not singing to me, it's a way to mask bad singing. Pick a note and stick to it.

I liked Harry a lot.He's very straight forward.The other two are typical mealy mouthed Idol judges.

Wasn't too impressed with any of the contestants. They all seemd a bit 'dime a dozen' to me.

DizzyDollyDee

Think I'll come back to the show and check when they are in the elimination stage - never have liked this part and Harry isn't a big enough of a draw to keep here now. Really liked Keith when he first started too but he has now learned the game and he is just like JLo now. I've never been a JLo fan - she just seems to be on there so she can have her own performance once in a while.

pklongbeach

So I liked it so much better than last year, but of course that is not saying alot.

I like Harry alot. And he has to carry alot of the meat cause the other two are still so willing to oooo and ahhhh over everyone who walks through the door that can carry a tune.

I agree with appreciating peoples unique identities and their contributions to music. But lets be fair and honest now.
When AI finds a Superstar, they sound like Carrie Underwood or Jennifer Hudson or Kelly Clarkson. And these people that J-lo and Keith are fawning all over are no where close.
So if we are really going to find a superstar, lets please get on the right foot.

Singing is a must; but you cannot just be able to sing for goodness sake. Can we please see some "really good" singers.
Out of 100,000 I always get the feeling they are looking for "characters" not great singers.

So I hope Harry keeps it up. But I hope he does not have to become the Simon of the group. That is not fair for one to have to play the heavy cause the other two are not strong enough to tell the truth.

Cause they do know the truth, I can see it in their eyes...........

Inspired

Wish the girls that had covered Carrie's songs had made it thru, I thought they were stronger than some of the other golden ticket winners.

CUFanForever82

My Favorites Are Jillian Jensen Kristen O'Connor Jena Irene Emily Piriz Spencer Lloyd Sam Woolf And Alex Preston!!!

Last edited:

Smokyiiis

I can't remember his name but the guy that had trouble in school (ADHD) until his mom put a guitar in his hands wrote a beautiful piece of music. Actually one of the guys last night was my fav so far, but it's so early in the game.

maddkat

Staff member

pklongbeach

Unfortunately, at this point "drama and scandel' get ratings Especially when a show is this old.

Duck D. probably had the big numbers.

And last year was probably higher because everyone checked in to see the two whackos fighting it out in front of God and everybody. ha ha ha......

I think they should jsut stay the course and hope that the audience picks it back up.
But at some point Fox will have to realize they are dealing with a show that has been "reinvented and stolen from" so many times, it barly has an identity left.

Marie2011

^I blaim Nicky and Mariah a lot of people stopped watching idol last year because of them, so now idol has to get outstanding reviews to win them back

Claire2004

I was so annoyed with the contestant from Texas (didn't catch the name, the girl wearing the black shirt and shorts) who packed as many runs as possible with each line she sang. And JLo and Keith voted yes, goodness.

mlawlor

Season 1's Nikki Mckibbin's now 15 year old son auditioned in tonight's show. I wonder if AI will ever see the Fisherwood offspring lol.

Marie2011

AI will see Fisherwood offspring not as a contestant but as someone watching his or her mom slaying her 30th number 1 single on idol and when the camera shows the audience is when they shall show him or her.

JB172

Nikki McKibbin's son auditioning is hard to believe, I remember him when he was a little guy giving the flower to his mom.

A girl sang LN tonight. It's always nice to hear some Carrie- and then yesterday we had CGAS, BHC, and a little BA shown- love it! I also thought it was cool that a guy sang a Colton Dixon song tonight.