Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol XIV

maddkat

Staff member
anybody figure out what Idol was trying do last night besides pimp their favorites?

could they be more obvious

DaisyTweets

Well I lost interest real fast and stopped paying attention. I miss the old days finding a 'Carrie' myself. They don't need to spoon feed me!

maddkat

Staff member
^ yes they have but they use to be so much more subtle about it.

last night they were like " here are the exact people we want you to vote for above all others"
It was so weird because several of them were terrible and should have been sent home

JB172

^ yes they have but they use to be so much more subtle about it.

last night they were like " here are the exact people we want you to vote for above all others"
It was so weird because several of them were terrible and should have been sent home

True, but how subtle are the going to contestants home videos to show where they grew up at or the hardships that they are going through or so so is the all American boy/girl.

maddkat

Staff member
^ well I did say more subtle...

they've always shone backstories of the some of the ones they were pimping but last night was the first time I ever recall them in essence saying these are the ones we think are the best,period. Vote for them.Thirty eight contestants got to go through to the next round without even being judged.The rest have to stand up there in groups.

If I were one of the left out contestants I would be raising a ruckus.But they won't because they hang on to the belief they'll get through and win and change the lives.Or get sued.It's sad.

JB172

they've always shone backstories of the some of the ones they were pimping but last night was the first time I ever recall them in essence saying these are the ones we think are the best,period. Vote for them.Thirty eight contestants got to go through to the next round without even being judged.The rest have to stand up there in groups.

If I were one of the left out contestants I would be raising a ruckus.But they won't because they hang on to the belief they'll get through and win and change the lives.Or get sued.It's sad.

We will just have to disagree that it was some huge advantage that those people got over the others when in a few weeks the voters are going to get to decide on who goes on the Top 12.

thaifood

You are making a lot of assumptions that none of those later singers will make it through & all of the top 24 will come from those first 38. Relax & see where it goes. There are still at least 3 more episodes from Hollywood Week. Anything is possible.

maddkat

Staff member
^ No I'm not. 38 contestants went through without being judged because the obviously the judges feel they're the best and they want you to remember them when it comes time to vote.What else would be the reason?

Guess we'll see how it all plays out

also - plenty relaxed : )

pkslongbeach

^ No I'm not. 38 contestants went through without being judged because the obviously the judges feel they're the best and they want you to remember them when it comes time to vote.What else would be the reason?

Guess we'll see how it all plays out

also - plenty relaxed : )
I am 100% with you. But my real issue with it (since we are all in agreement that they have always done this, at least since Carries year) was how embarrassing it has to be for all the other contestants. Just not cool at all. Literally an entire day of sitting in a theater watching what the judges have made clear are their favorites, and then being sent back to your rooms after they are all celebrated. Just awful!!

I have auditioned in many circumstances, I know how hard it is on your moral and self respect and self worth. It is up to the people in charge to not allow those auditioning to feel "disregarded" but instead that everyone is going to get a fair shot (even when you know that is not really the case, casting always has favorites!).
But it is wrong to do that to the other contestants. ITs just disrespectful of them........ to say nothing for the fact that I think some of those 38 were ridiculous to even have there!!!!!

Smokyiiis

I'm one of those that disagrees with how this went down. It is especially rude considering the fact that there were much for qualified people sent to their rooms than were selected as "FAVS." They just made it way too obvious and it did nothing but frustrate me.

Smokyiiis

Could Jennifer Lopez be any more in love with that KID and yes he's a KID?????? Much better and more mature voices sent home so she could spend some more time enamored with her little boy toy.

maddkat

Staff member
^ which one? she fawns over all the males

they spent last night again showcasing their pets
and letting through a lot of untalented "singers"

JB172

Could Jennifer Lopez be any more in love with that KID and yes he's a KID?????? Much better and more mature voices sent home so she could spend some more time enamored with her little boy toy.

Is that one with the short hair who is 16 but looks like he is 12?

I think his name is Daniel.

Smokyiiis

Last night when his group came up and it was his turn to sing, JLo practically FELL on Harry mouthing OMG...Seriously made me wanna gag