Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2012

bigbluegrl23

You know what's ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING? There are actually critics saying that the only bad thing about J-Law is that she was not skinny enough. ummmm, way to screw young girls up even more. even some fans were saying this. here's a young actress who doesn't look like shes starving to death and people call her "not skinny enough" such bull****. I'd rather have a VERY capable actress than a bad actress who looks the part. J-LAW was a great choice. plus, Katniss was a hunter. she's gonna have more food than the rest of district 12. also, when its comes to movie adaptations, I honestly feel like people need to separate them. It's a movie that will have the same characters and plot, but it's not gonna give you the same feeling because of a person's imagination. as a movie though, I thought it was great. and it was 2.5 hours, they prob didn't feel like they could make it any longer since a lot of the fans are younger.
Becca

Grace_Of_God

^ i thought jennifer looked great!... *shrug* the only reason id say shed have to get skinny is if shed have to look like she went through starvation in the games...but they didnt make ANYONE look that way.....sooo

Audra

You know what's ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING? There are actually critics saying that the only bad thing about J-Law is that she was not skinny enough. ummmm, way to screw young girls up even more. even some fans were saying this. here's a young actress who doesn't look like shes starving to death and people call her "not skinny enough" such bull****. I'd rather have a VERY capable actress than a bad actress who looks the part. J-LAW was a great choice. plus, Katniss was a hunter. she's gonna have more food than the rest of district 12. also, when its comes to movie adaptations, I honestly feel like people need to separate them. It's a movie that will have the same characters and plot, but it's not gonna give you the same feeling because of a person's imagination. as a movie though, I thought it was great. and it was 2.5 hours, they prob didn't feel like they could make it any longer since a lot of the fans are younger.
Becca

she's beautiful the way she is! and she was the perfect fit for Katniss for the movie

bigbluegrl23

I think my favorite part from JLaw and though it was very short, was when she was screaming at her mom. it was just really powerful. I love how they did the flashbacks. it almost made it more sad. unless thats how it was in the books. I havent read them in a year so i forgot some parts. I'm glad I read them far in advanced. It made it more enjoyable being able to forget every detail.
Becca

Grace_Of_God

how am i spending my day? watching Jennifer Lawrence interviews....so down to earth and hilarious.

I just want to give a pat on the back to this thread for getting behind this girl in "Winter's Bone". when she wasnt in a franchise and wasnt famous. i hate to brag, but we've got a good eye.

seriously, just want to be her best friend lol

Last edited:

Grace_Of_God

My night consists of "The Social Network" and "Midnight in Paris"...thank you cable provider for making "Starz" and "Encore" free this weekend.

AIgrl06

Oh yeah. I remember watching Winter's Bone and thinking she was really great. We definitely have an amazing eye, haha. But I never would have thought she'd do a franchise next, lol... but so glad she did!

Grace_Of_God

^ yeah, my friend just told me she was here for the "Winters Bone" premiere 2 years ago, because i guess it premiered at our main film festival (which ill be attending next friday, since the movie I worked on last year will be the opening feature....shameless self promotion) so im super bummed i missed the chance to meet her before she was all famous and sh!t

bigbluegrl23

Oh yeah. I remember watching Winter's Bone and thinking she was really great. We definitely have an amazing eye, haha. But I never would have thought she'd do a franchise next, lol... but so glad she did!

I think Jennifer said it took her three days to decide if she wanted to do this big of a movie bc she's so used to doing mostly indies.
Becca

AIgrl06

OK, so this is a little bit off topic but I don't think it warrants its own thread, and I still want to talk about it because it's amazing news. :p

Amy Adams is playing the Baker's Wife this summer in Into the Woods?! Ahhhh!!! :heart: Have you guys seen this musical? It's amazing, and the Baker's Wife is hilarious. Check it out on Netflix. I need to make another trip to New York this summer. :yes:

Amy Adams to Play 'Baker's Wife' in Shakespeare in the Park's INTO THE WOODS; Oliver Platt, Robert Joy Join Cast of AS YOU LIKE IT

I know this is supposed to be turned into a film soon, too (Rob Marshall, I think?).

Grace_Of_God

^ oh shiiiiiit I move to New York at the end of july/beginning of August.

The only version Ive seen of Into the Woods was my sisters high school performance of it lol. and that was forever ago. So I dont remember it well

AIgrl06

^I'm so jealous! I didn't know you were moving to New York! Lucky duck. Haha, you have no excuse not to see it. :p I genuinely think I'm going to try to go see this though, lol. I love this musical so much.

Grace_Of_God

^ haha yeah! Im ready to move for my career and it seems like New York is a better step than LA at the moment.

You should go see it!!!!!!! DO IT!!!

AIgrl06

Bahaha peer pressure! :p My only thing is convincing a friend to go six hours up to New York and then wait in line for twelve hours or more to see the play, lol. It's free though, so I might be able to convince someone. Hannah, if I end up coming up, we should go see the same show!

AIgrl06

Haha, knowing me and my friends... we'll set out to go to New York and end up in Florida. :p Navigationally challenged, just a little bit. But yeah, they can sure be... fun! :p I'm going to do it, haha.

AIgrl06

Ahaha, we'll see! :p I always point people to a story when I was going to Richmond (south) from just south of DC, and I somehow ended up in the heart of NW DC. Is there a shrug smiley? I want to use it.

But seriously, I plan on coming to New York to see Into the Woods. I love how I went from "I might come..." to "I'm totally coming!!" in an hour's time, hah.