Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2012

bigbluegrl23

Dark Shadows- not a fan...not a fan at all. it didnt really flow, i felt it's focus was all over the place. Also it didnt know if it should be a comedy, Horror, or romance.....

Are you typically a Burton fan? or not really? I always like to get opinions from both sides. I kind of like movies tho that mesh genres.
Becca

Grace_Of_God

I LOVE old Tim Burton...i hated Alice in Wonderland. and i just found Charlie and the Chocolate factory and Corpse Bride, okay. Pee-Wees Big Adventure, Beetlejuice, and Edward Scissorhands are some of my favorite movies.

bigbluegrl23

I LOVE old Tim Burton...i hated Alice in Wonderland. and i just found Charlie and the Chocolate factory and Corpse Bride, okay. Pee-Wees Big Adventure, Beetlejuice, and Edward Scissorhands are some of my favorite movies.

Beetlejuice is such a classic. I'm seeing this tomorrow tho so I'll let you know what I think. I friggin love Johnny, Helena and Michelle so I'm hoping I'll like it haha
Becca

sam_vzla

^ I went to the Tim Burton exhibit a couple years ago in new york. I bet you woulda loved it! i wonder if it's still traveling

My little cousin is (or was, you know how kids are lol) a huge Tim Burton fan and his parents took him to NY just to see that exhibit at the MoMa. Spoiled much? Yes lol.

Grace_Of_God

^ oh man! at least i was already going up there to visit my sister and it happened to fall at the right time LOL how old is your cousin? because theres so much more to see in nyc then just that exhibit (when it was there) hahaa

sam_vzla

^Lol nooo, they spent like a month in NY, it wasnt like they went for just a weekend lol, but like the main porpouse of the trip was to see the exhibit. He was 9, 10 back then...he's very mature for his age, maybe too much. I remember I asked him "did you go to Toy R Us?" and he felt insulted or something lol and I was like I went when I was 20 and I flipped, wanted to buy everything in there, pulled kids out of my way to play with the toys and I'm not ashamed to say it lol.

sam_vzla

^Lol and I went in December close to Christmas so it was a "little" bit chaotic, but it was fun. I guess it was the child in me going out, because I never had the chance to see anything like that when I was a kid. FAO Schwartz was great too lol.

bigbluegrl23

^ BOO!!! Hiss!!! lolol

let me ask you this...did you like Alice in Wonderland or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?

I actually never saw Alice and I liked the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory so much more. I dunno, I feel like from the previews, Dark Shadows was exactly what I was expecting.
Becca

ps. random, but anyone seen the trailer for Gangster Squad? Holy Hell, this is one to look for this award season. Gangster Squad Official Trailer #1 (2012) Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone Movie HD - YouTube the cast is insane.

Grace_Of_God

^ so excited for gangster squad. is there an official release date for it yet? im shocked we have a trailer for it because i assumed itd come out closer to award season times. not summer

Grace_Of_God

^ ill stop being lazy for once (since im just sitting on my bed lol) and look to see if i can find anything

EDIT:

september 7th is gangster squads release date. thats good.

bigbluegrl23

^ ill stop being lazy for once (since im just sitting on my bed lol) and look to see if i can find anything

EDIT:

september 7th is gangster squads release date. thats good.

Oh wow really? weird release date. But I'm pretty sure Social Network was released in September so September movies can still be big. I can't imagine this movie not being successful. The writing would have to REALLY suck for this movie to remotely fail haha
Becca

Grace_Of_God

^ yeah i totally agree. Its a good spot to still ride out summer movies (i think thats labor day weekend as well). and also not too late, as itll still get recognized by academy voters