Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2013

AIgrl06

^I just read about that! I've never seen the musical but I'm going to listen to the soundtrack. The premise sounds great.

I saw Silver Linings Playbook and it definitely didn't disappoint. Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper were both incredible! And Robert DeNiro was fantastic, too. Oscars for all three! Well, er, nominations anyway, haha. I think I liked Argo better overall, but Silver Linings was right up there with it.

Grace_Of_God

^ its truly amazing (last 5). i never got to see it put on anywhere and im pretty sure it only made it to off broadway but Ive seen videos from the original production and have the soundtrack. UGH its such a good concept...but it has like 3 characters in it so thatll be interesting hahaha omg i want to find out where this is being filmed...if its nyc i need to get on that

and AH! so glad to hear silver-linings was good! Argo and Silver linings are both still on my list. i need to see this things soon

EDIT:

i see Perks of being a wallflower and argo are now "available" sooo im gunna be hitting that up tonight

Last edited:

Grace_Of_God

Perks-I thought it was really good but I didnt think it was AS good as people were hyping it up to be. But i did really enjoy it.

Argo-Really Really good. its a bit of a slow movie and I wouldnt be surprised if its not everyone cup of tea. But i enjoyed it. I still cant wait to see what other movie lay ahead of us for this award season

BTW the Oscar nominations come out like 2 days after the Golden Globe nominations this time. Theyre trying to stop the influence the GGs have on the oscars. SO. looks like i wont have to start watching movies off the GG list to find out i wasted time a couple weeks later when the oscar list comes out lol. ill just wait for the oscar noms

Grace_Of_God

Wow...Disney just bought Lucasfilms...planning a 2015 release of Star Wars episode 7...i was wondering how long Lucas would take before he made those final 3 films that he had intended

teesharky

Hey it seems that Adele has a TON of buzz for her Skyfall song for OScars and Globes. Gold Derby picks her for both. An evil part of me is thrilled as I was worried Swsrn would win for Hunger Games (not OScars- she is not eligible-- but the Globes). she sould still win, but my money is on Adele. Everyone loves her.

^I read that about Star Wars too! So excited! R2D2 and C3PO don't age so they can still be in the movie. And Luke, Carrie Fisher, etc- can be older with kids or do cameos or something. :)

teesharky

I saw Flight today. It was great. :) Denzel was really strong in his performance. I did not like it as much as Argo, but it was very good. For acting, Denzel was very strong.

Grace_Of_God

I saw Silver Linings Playbook and it definitely didn't disappoint. Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper were both incredible! And Robert DeNiro was fantastic, too. Oscars for all three! Well, er, nominations anyway, haha. I think I liked Argo better overall, but Silver Linings was right up there with it.

Just saw it and holy crap was it good. I liked it better than Argo. I totally agree that all 3 of those people should most certainly get nominations. It was so great. Jennifer Lawrence can do no wrong. My roommate thinks she's better in this than in Winters Bone.

Right now shes talks to be the front runner to win the oscar.

EDIT:

ive been watching J. Lawrence interviews and just wanted to drop this one by. its such a nice reminder that shes so grounded and awesome
DP/30 @ TIFF 2012: Silver Linings Playbook, actor Jennifer Lawrence - YouTube

Last edited:

teesharky

^ Tx. I love Jen Lawrence too. Can't wait to see that film.

I saw Lincoln yesterday. Wow! Phenominal movie. I still love Argo so much too and hope both get nominated. But Lincoln was outstanding.

I am now rooting for Sally Field for best supporting actress as she was really strong in Lincoln.

The person who stole the whole movie though-- was Tommy Lee Jones. Holy Crap! He was outstanding and funny and so freakin great! If he does not get nominated for supporting actor, there is something seriously wrong!

Of course, Daniel Day Lewis was outstanding as Lincoln and I predict him to get tons of nominations. I am torn between him and Ben Afleck for Best Actor. Since the critics love Daniel and are so so about Ben, I predict Daniel will win again. But both he and Ben are deserving- both outstanding in their respective movies.

Grace_Of_God

^ oh my sister saw Lincoln and said it was amazing too and told me to see it immediately...

so guys, is this going to be another one of those years...where all the best picture nominations are awesome and we dont dislike any of them...fingers crossed!

HuiZ

Not exactly a movie with big award-buzz.... but I just watched Skyfall recently. I think it's one of the best Bond movies I've seen.

I've avoided the past few Daniel Craig Bond movies.... Lol, coz he didn't look convincing as a Bond, on paper (for me).... but boy, was I wrong! :p

Grace_Of_God

Not exactly a movie with big award-buzz.... but I just watched Skyfall recently. I think it's one of the best Bond movies I've seen.

I've avoided the past few Daniel Craig Bond movies.... Lol, coz he didn't look convincing as a Bond, on paper (for me).... but boy, was I wrong! :p

ive heard some GREAT things about this movie. still havent seen it but its on my list

Grace_Of_God

Life of Pie- Meh. I thought it was boring. Sure it was visually stunning but it didnt keep me interested. It was like Cast away but with a tiger instead of a volleyball.

bigbluegrl23

Life of Pie- Meh. I thought it was boring. Sure it was visually stunning but it didnt keep me interested. It was like Cast away but with a tiger instead of a volleyball.

you mean it's not the next Avatar? *rolls eyes* haha. I love when critics blow things up to get hits on their sites.
Becca

Grace_Of_God

Haha. Yeah I was mad that he just redid Fern Gully and got away with it.

life of pi was visually stunning. Probably because they used the same cameras James used for avatar. But I was just bored

Grace_Of_God

Skyfall-I really did enjoy it. I think it's weird that people are talking about it for oscar nominations. But I enjoyed it none the less